Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't like Goodwin's old style game plan. It reminds me of Brisbane 2001-2003. We need to be more progressive.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crows forum:

"How did we let Goody slip to Melbourne ?"

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some supporters look very very silly on here..

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a good game day coach, but deserves props for being an innovator. Brayshaw into the midfield, Salem down back, Hannan, Fritsch and Spargo into the side (gives us versatility), McDonald swinging forward and back. Goodwin's management of players, and his forward thinking is where he earns a top pass mark. Definitely in the mould of Roos, and so long as we surround him with the right guys on gameday then he will be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

Not a good game day coach, but deserves props for being an innovator. Brayshaw into the midfield, Salem down back, Hannan, Fritsch and Spargo into the side (gives us versatility), McDonald swinging forward and back. Goodwin's management of players, and his forward thinking is where he earns a top pass mark. Definitely in the mould of Roos, and so long as we surround him with the right guys on gameday then he will be ok.

Easy to slaughter you here...but what is YOUR reasoning...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

Not a good game day coach, but deserves props for being an innovator. Brayshaw into the midfield, Salem down back, Hannan, Fritsch and Spargo into the side (gives us versatility), McDonald swinging forward and back. Goodwin's management of players, and his forward thinking is where he earns a top pass mark. Definitely in the mould of Roos, and so long as we surround him with the right guys on gameday then he will be ok.

confused gary coleman GIF

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Lock this thread and throw away the key.

Are you kidding ?

I have so many posts I'm going to bump.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 9:38 AM, beelzebub said:

Something has changed. 

Very interested to see the makeup of FD going into trade/eos etc

( After the flag of course ) 

I hear that a certain Mr Neeld is out of a job.  Worth looking at?😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Are you kidding ?

I have so many posts I'm going to bump.

Just take a look at the first page.  Some absolute classics there.  People saying we should never have let Roos go, that we should go hard for Clarkson etc.  There will be a few posters who will be a touch embarrassed about what they posted 5 weeks ago.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Just take a look at the first page.  Some absolute classics there.  People saying we should never have let Roos go, that we should go hard for Clarkson etc.  There will be a few posters who will be a touch embarrassed about what they posted 5 weeks ago.

And it's not like we're saying this in hindsight.  They were called out for their pathetic posts at the time.

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I um haven't felt this way about the Dees since " The Reverend" was coach and before that John Northey!!

Wow happy to eat a large slice of humble pie Re Goody!!😎

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Danelska said:

Easy to slaughter you here...but what is YOUR reasoning...

When we have lost it has largely been in the coaching box. Its all good and well to praise Goodwin when we are beating sides we should beat, but we did lose winnable games early in the year, and those games were lost in the coaches box. I give Goodwin his props for innovation and having the foresight to make some effective position changes, and I don't undersell that either. For example, Fritsch to the wing, Hannan IN for Bugg, McDonald up foward, Brayshaw into the midfield, etc, list goes on and I think Goodwin has a real knack at seeing the big picture (like Roos).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite moment of the Carlton thrashing was after the game when Tom McD told the Channel 7 boundary rider that they have to get used to 'stepping on necks' and I said to myself that I would love to see that intent tested on a team of a decent calibre and spirit.

Took a week.

I'm a believer. This team looks as ruthless as Goodwin used to be as a player.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rpfc said:

My favourite moment of the Carlton thrashing was after the game when Tom McD told the Channel 7 boundary rider that they have to get used to 'stepping on necks' and I said to myself that I would love to see that intent tested on a team of a decent calibre and spirit.

Took a week.

I'm a believer. This team looks as ruthless as Goodwin used to be as a player.

yep.....and weren't they [censored] ruthless today!   now looking like a real football team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 6:14 PM, Jaded said:

We have TWO injuries. Two. 

There are 6-8 players in the VFL who are in decent form. Yet Lewis, Melksham, Harmes and countless other poor performers who are not in form have not been dropped or replaced. 

We went in with 1 ruck again when Weids kicked 5 and had a good rucking game. Max had a stinker and we couldn’t get near it up forward yet we had no answers. 

It is on him that poor players are getting games. He has options he isn’t taking and frankly his match day tactics and selection of teams are worse than poor. 

LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ProDee said:

And it's not like we're saying this in hindsight.  They were called out for their pathetic posts at the time.

Feel free to call them out - teach them for the last time negativity gets you no where

Go Dees

Edited by DaveyDee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Lock this thread and throw away the key.

Absolutely not. This thread is one for the ages. You were ok Wiseblood, along with Bombay Aircon.

Plenty others need a visit to the hall of mirrors. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Like I um haven't felt this way about the Dees since " The Reverend" was coach and before that John Northey!!

Wow happy to eat a large slice of humble pie Re Goody!!😎

Crawl back in your cave.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

Crawl back in your cave.

Fair enough... Crawlin  back now!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 7:47 AM, beelzebub said:

There's discontent. 

We'll just have to see how that plays out.

That is a bloody untruth! You can't just say that without providing details. I'm quite happy you set out your absurd views about Goodwin's coaching, but to say, without any stated evidence, that there is discontent  is, quite simply, calculated to cause discontent.

my informant is a player who has every reason to be unhappy--but he's not. At dinner early this week he commented that he'd never known such an atmosphere at the club

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s nice to be on the right side of history in these threads - my first contribution to this thread was a “this thread sucks” on page 20.

I’m not going to judge people for being irrational after a disappointing loss, though. The degree to which my imagination has gone in to overdrive after this last few weeks is off the charts; it’s just the extreme opposite to the sooking early in this thread. We get emotional about footy. It’s just part of the fun of it.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×