Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Round 09 vs Carlton



Recommended Posts

 

So it’s not ok to question why Goodwin was not our first choice?

He was the first choice of available coaches. What are you hoping to achieve by dissecting a decision that was taken out of our hands? Roos didn't know Goodwin but he did know Dew. Perhaps that was the reason he wanted Dew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Under Roos we were good defensively and poor in offence. Now we are no good either way. Surely that is down to the coach.

Edited by chook fowler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

It's not his projection, it's yours

No ,his projection...my impression.

Thats how these things work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

He was the first choice of available coaches. What are you hoping to achieve by dissecting a decision that was taken out of our hands? Roos didn't know Goodwin but he did know Dew. Perhaps that was the reason he wanted Dew.

I’m not hoping to achieve anything. I’m simply wondering why he was not first choice. Perhaps it might explain some of the issues we are currently facing. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been sitting on this for a while, pondering pondering pondering... my summation is this.

I think the game plan will work - there are still things to iron out with entries into 50's and composure - this will come (maybe not quick enough for some)

In viewing the game in isolation - Rance saved 3 certain goals (he is bloody fantastic) - and I think our misses with all the effort and repeat entries,  impact on hope... I have no issue with the effort last night. We could have easily being level in the 3rd last night, except through lack of composure

Composure takes time to build as is built on the evidence that one can execute. I'm a sentamentalist, gosh I wish Billy would have come on,(mind you ONE game in the side so far for the year) and similar to ANB, but I dont think they have what it takes. There were 3 or 4 occasions where both fumbled and we lost momentum, be it on a singular play, but then the overall run of the match. 

I still think Goodwins plan will hold fast and for finals- Richmond loss was much different from Hawthorns - as we all want effort.

There are such small margins that 2% off you'r game and yer fekked. That's where we are. 

I believe the disappointment is still driven by medias hype and people getting sucked into media hype pre season... Trac hasnt broken a game yet, but I don't think this is about poor development mechanisms...either. 

Is Bucks the right guy now?

Or longmire?

Or Clarkson? Or Beveridge?

The body of work of Goodwin is still above 50% and these feel like worse loses due to the manner of Hawthorn, but also due to personal expectation of 'how' things should be... 

ps... did some searching just before - here is Richmonds last 15 years (1st column after the year is the season finishing place)

its going to be all ok... hugs to all x

 

2002 14th - 7 15 - - Wayne Campbell Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [95]
2003 13th - 7 15 - - Mark Coughlan Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [96]
2004 16th - 4 18 - - Joel Bowden Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [97]
2005 12th - 10 12 - - Joel Bowden Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [98]
2006 9th - 11 11 - - Kane Johnson Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [99]
2007 16th - 3 18 1 - Matthew Richardson Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [100]
2008 9th - 11 10 1 - Brett Deledio Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [101]
2009 15th - 5 16 1 - Brett Deledio Mitch Morton Chris Newman Terry Wallace (round 1-11)
Jade Rawlings (round 12-22)
[102]
2010 15th - 6 16 - - Jack Riewoldt Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [103]
2011 12th - 8 13 1 - Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [104]
2012 12th - 10 11 1 - Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [105]
2013 5th 7th 15 7 - Lost Elimination Final to Carlton 96-116 Daniel Jackson Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [106]
2014 8th 8th 12 10 - Lost Elimination Final to Port Adelaide 132-75 Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [107]
2015 5th 7th 15 7 - Lost Elimination Final to North Melbourne 88-105 Alex Rance Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [108]
2016 13th - 8 14 - - Dustin Martin Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [109]
2017 3rd 1st
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't shoot the messenger

Heard from one of the guys here at our work who plays local footy with a brother of a current player

Not happy campers - a core group of players are disgruntled about being played out of position, frustration at where the 'culture' is going and not impressed with the communication between the coaches - so many find Goodwin difficult to work with

That's it - just info during a conversation today

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Danelska said:

I've been sitting on this for a while, pondering pondering pondering... my summation is this.

I think the game plan will work - there are still things to iron out with entries into 50's and composure - this will come (maybe not quick enough for some)

In viewing the game in isolation - Rance saved 3 certain goals (he is bloody fantastic) - and I think our misses with all the effort and repeat entries,  impact on hope... I have no issue with the effort last night. We could have easily being level in the 3rd last night, except through lack of composure

Composure takes time to build as is built on the evidence that one can execute. I'm a sentamentalist, gosh I wish Billy would have come on,(mind you ONE game in the side so far for the year) and similar to ANB, but I dont think they have what it takes. There were 3 or 4 occasions where both fumbled and we lost momentum, be it on a singular play, but then the overall run of the match. 

I still think Goodwins plan will hold fast and for finals- Richmond loss was much different from Hawthorns - as we all want effort.

There are such small margins that 2% off you'r game and yer fekked. That's where we are. 

I believe the disappointment is still driven by medias hype and people getting sucked into media hype pre season... Trac hasnt broken a game yet, but I don't think this is about poor development mechanisms...either. 

Is Bucks the right guy now?

Or longmire?

Or Clarkson? Or Beveridge?

The body of work of Goodwin is still above 50% and these feel like worse loses due to the manner of Hawthorn, but also due to personal expectation of 'how' things should be... 

ps... did some searching just before - here is Richmonds last 15 years (1st column after the year is the season finishing place)

its going to be all ok... hugs to all x

 

2002 14th - 7 15 - - Wayne Campbell Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [95]
2003 13th - 7 15 - - Mark Coughlan Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [96]
2004 16th - 4 18 - - Joel Bowden Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [97]
2005 12th - 10 12 - - Joel Bowden Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [98]
2006 9th - 11 11 - - Kane Johnson Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [99]
2007 16th - 3 18 1 - Matthew Richardson Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [100]
2008 9th - 11 10 1 - Brett Deledio Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [101]
2009 15th - 5 16 1 - Brett Deledio Mitch Morton Chris Newman Terry Wallace (round 1-11)
Jade Rawlings (round 12-22)
[102]
2010 15th - 6 16 - - Jack Riewoldt Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [103]
2011 12th - 8 13 1 - Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [104]
2012 12th - 10 11 1 - Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [105]
2013 5th 7th 15 7 - Lost Elimination Final to Carlton 96-116 Daniel Jackson Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [106]
2014 8th 8th 12 10 - Lost Elimination Final to Port Adelaide 132-75 Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [107]
2015 5th 7th 15 7 - Lost Elimination Final to North Melbourne 88-105 Alex Rance Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [108]
2016 13th - 8 14 - - Dustin Martin Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [109]
2017 3rd 1st

Lots of Tiger supporters were asking for Hardwick head many a time, loss 3 finals in row  & finished 13th in 2016.....

No one knows if Goodwin will be the premiership coach but need to allow him the respect/time...14 wins vs 13 loses thus far...

Also look at the stats of their gun players Cotchin, Riewoldt, Martin, Rance all in their mid to late 20s & played 200 games vs our so called guns early 20s with less than 100 games 

Edited by Hogan2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Don't shoot the messenger

Heard from one of the guys here at our work who plays local footy with a brother of a current player

Not happy campers - a core group of players are disgruntled about being played out of position, frustration at where the 'culture' is going and not impressed with the communication between the coaches - so many find Goodwin difficult to work with

That's it - just info during a conversation today

 

 

There hasn’t been any meaningful culture to speak of for over a decade unless it’s something that grows inside the sewer system under wherever they train. Easy to guess who may be the “core”(rotten) group if your info has any veracity. Same old problems wearing different clothes perhaps and only 100% salary cap keeping the group together?

Edited by america de cali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Don't shoot the messenger

Heard from one of the guys here at our work who plays local footy with a brother of a current player

Not happy campers - a core group of players are disgruntled about being played out of position, frustration at where the 'culture' is going and not impressed with the communication between the coaches - so many find Goodwin difficult to work with

That's it - just info during a conversation today

 

 

Yep...sounds eerily familiar JR

Everyone just wants to think/believe it's all honky dory. I do. Id like it that way.

It's ( as above ) also what has filtered its way to moi.

I await the barking of the hounds and couldn't care less if anyone shoots. I mean that just changes everything...makes it all rosey ?

In a game of percentages and efforts a little more thanthe other....how are we travelling folks ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, america de cali said:

There hasn’t been any meaningful culture to speak of for over a decade unless it’s something that grows inside the sewer system under wherever they train. Easy to guess who may be the “core”(rotten) group if your info has any veracity. Same old problems wearing different clothes perhaps and only 100% salary cap keeping the group together?

 

14 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Yep...sounds eerily familiar JR

Everyone just wants to think/believe it's all honky dory. I do. Id like it that way.

It's ( as above ) also what has filtered its way to moi.

I await the barking of the hounds and couldn't care less if anyone shoots. I mean that just changes everything...makes it all rosey ?

In a game of percentages and efforts a little more thanthe other....how are we travelling folks ?

Sadly, it's the new core that are finding it difficult

Role clarity is the issue

Trained up since last year to fit a particular role, but now all that has gone out the window

Has created onfield tension too

Edited by jumbo returns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

 

Sadly, it's the new core that are finding it difficult

Role clarity is the issue

Trained up since last year to fit a particular role, but now all that has gone out the window

Has created onfield tension too

OK, Jones sometimes playing back and tagger. Hogan playing upfield, Tmac playing forward. Clarry occasionly forward. Salem midfield. Most others playing their familiar roles. Would the problem lay amongst this lot? 

Edited by america de cali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, america de cali said:

OK, Jones sometimes playing back and tagger. Hogan playing upfield, Tmac playing forward. Clarry occasionly forward. Salem midfield. Most others playing their familiar roles. Would the problem lay amongst this lot? 

We should get Clarkson so bad.

He never changes player roles and has won preimerships 

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, america de cali said:

OK, Jones sometimes playing back and tagger. Hogan playing upfield, Tmac playing forward. Clarry occasionly forward. Salem midfield. Most others playing their familiar roles. Would the problem lay amongst this lot? 

Close.... and a couple more

Sorry, I will leave it at that

Others are fine to call bs on this

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, america de cali said:

OK, Jones sometimes playing back and tagger. Hogan playing upfield, Tmac playing forward. Clarry occasionly forward. Salem midfield. Most others playing their familiar roles. Would the problem lay amongst this lot? 

Just saying, but this list doesn't strike me as playing out of position, except maybe Hogan who seems to be relishing the role.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that the funniest thing on this thread is morons thinking Goodwin dictates who goes on or comes off on the interchange.

You people don't even do footy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

Don't shoot the messenger

Heard from one of the guys here at our work who plays local footy with a brother of a current player

Not happy campers - a core group of players are disgruntled about being played out of position, frustration at where the 'culture' is going and not impressed with the communication between the coaches - so many find Goodwin difficult to work with

That's it - just info during a conversation today

 

 

One Word : Garbage

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Goodwin up to it??

I don't think so!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is making me seriously question his ability. Does anybody think with the the sort of quality at his disposal that a Clarkson led side would be sitting 2-3 ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WA Demon13 said:

He is making me seriously question his ability. Does anybody think with the the sort of quality at his disposal that a Clarkson led side would be sitting 2-3 ?

 

But we are 2-3 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Unleash Hell said:

We should get Clarkson so bad.

He never changes player roles and has won preimerships 

Clarkson is the best coach in the business but we have the toughest coach killers in the league. Will be Clarkson toughest challenge. The premium he would want for future pain and suffering as well as possible damage to his reputation will be enormous. 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WA Demon13 said:

He is making me seriously question his ability. Does anybody think with the the sort of quality at his disposal that a Clarkson led side would be sitting 2-3 ?

 

Maybe if Roughead and Mitchell had missed every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

 

Sadly, it's the new core that are finding it difficult

Role clarity is the issue

Trained up since last year to fit a particular role, but now all that has gone out the window

Has created onfield tension too

Funny that no-one mentioned these tensions and frustrations two weeks ago, when everyone - the media, the players and us on here - was celebrating the versatility of the Hogan-Trac-Oliver midfield pact. 

Edited by Grapeviney
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Grapeviney said:

Funny that no-one mentioned these tensions and frustrations two weeks ago, when everyone - the media, the players and us on here - were celebrating the versatility of the Hogan-Trac-Oliver midfield pact. 

I think players may be a little more forgiving of playing in different positions if the side is winning. Akin to the notion of the team being G greater than the player. 

Turn that around when the side loses, players may feel they were unable to give their best and the team suffered. 

I am not a great fan of  "versatility". Some players are natural defenders or forwards. Occasionally players are able to transition like Neita and possibly Tommy Mac, but these are the exception to the rule. 

I prefer to see Jesse in the forward line every time. When he is in possession at half back, l can't help thinking who the hell is going to be our target inside 50.

The side appears so lacking in confidence nothing is working and everything is too blame. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

Don't shoot the messenger

Heard from one of the guys here at our work who plays local footy with a brother of a current player

Not happy campers - a core group of players are disgruntled about being played out of position, frustration at where the 'culture' is going and not impressed with the communication between the coaches - so many find Goodwin difficult to work with

That's it - just info during a conversation today

 

 

I appreciate you passing this on but I call [censored]. 

Who is playing out of position? It might be  one player who can’t get a game and is having a sook.

If a core group was upset then they wouldn’t be signing up.  Oliver,  Trac signed at the drop of a hat and TMac has said the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×