•  

So it’s not ok to question why Goodwin was not our first choice?

He was the first choice of available coaches. What are you hoping to achieve by dissecting a decision that was taken out of our hands? Roos didn't know Goodwin but he did know Dew. Perhaps that was the reason he wanted Dew.

Under Roos we were good defensively and poor in offence. Now we are no good either way. Surely that is down to the coach.

Edited by chook fowler
  • Like 1

It's not his projection, it's yours

No ,his projection...my impression.

Thats how these things work.

• Like 1

He was the first choice of available coaches. What are you hoping to achieve by dissecting a decision that was taken out of our hands? Roos didn't know Goodwin but he did know Dew. Perhaps that was the reason he wanted Dew.

I’m not hoping to achieve anything. I’m simply wondering why he was not first choice. Perhaps it might explain some of the issues we are currently facing. 

• Like 1

I've been sitting on this for a while, pondering pondering pondering... my summation is this.

I think the game plan will work - there are still things to iron out with entries into 50's and composure - this will come (maybe not quick enough for some)

In viewing the game in isolation - Rance saved 3 certain goals (he is bloody fantastic) - and I think our misses with all the effort and repeat entries,  impact on hope... I have no issue with the effort last night. We could have easily being level in the 3rd last night, except through lack of composure

Composure takes time to build as is built on the evidence that one can execute. I'm a sentamentalist, gosh I wish Billy would have come on,(mind you ONE game in the side so far for the year) and similar to ANB, but I dont think they have what it takes. There were 3 or 4 occasions where both fumbled and we lost momentum, be it on a singular play, but then the overall run of the match. 

I still think Goodwins plan will hold fast and for finals- Richmond loss was much different from Hawthorns - as we all want effort.

There are such small margins that 2% off you'r game and yer fekked. That's where we are. 

I believe the disappointment is still driven by medias hype and people getting sucked into media hype pre season... Trac hasnt broken a game yet, but I don't think this is about poor development mechanisms...either. 

Is Bucks the right guy now?

Or longmire?

Or Clarkson? Or Beveridge?

The body of work of Goodwin is still above 50% and these feel like worse loses due to the manner of Hawthorn, but also due to personal expectation of 'how' things should be... 

ps... did some searching just before - here is Richmonds last 15 years (1st column after the year is the season finishing place)

its going to be all ok... hugs to all x

2002 14th - 7 15 - - Wayne Campbell Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [95]
2003 13th - 7 15 - - Mark Coughlan Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [96]
2004 16th - 4 18 - - Joel Bowden Matthew Richardson Wayne Campbell Danny Frawley [97]
2005 12th - 10 12 - - Joel Bowden Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [98]
2006 9th - 11 11 - - Kane Johnson Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [99]
2007 16th - 3 18 1 - Matthew Richardson Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [100]
2008 9th - 11 10 1 - Brett Deledio Matthew Richardson Kane Johnson Terry Wallace [101]
2009 15th - 5 16 1 - Brett Deledio Mitch Morton Chris Newman Terry Wallace (round 1-11)
Jade Rawlings (round 12-22)
[102]
2010 15th - 6 16 - - Jack Riewoldt Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [103]
2011 12th - 8 13 1 - Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [104]
2012 12th - 10 11 1 - Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Chris Newman Damien Hardwick [105]
2013 5th 7th 15 7 - Lost Elimination Final to Carlton 96-116 Daniel Jackson Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [106]
2014 8th 8th 12 10 - Lost Elimination Final to Port Adelaide 132-75 Trent Cotchin Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [107]
2015 5th 7th 15 7 - Lost Elimination Final to North Melbourne 88-105 Alex Rance Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [108]
2016 13th - 8 14 - - Dustin Martin Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin Damien Hardwick [109]
2017 3rd 1st
  • Like 1

Don't shoot the messenger

Heard from one of the guys here at our work who plays local footy with a brother of a current player

Not happy campers - a core group of players are disgruntled about being played out of position, frustration at where the 'culture' is going and not impressed with the communication between the coaches - so many find Goodwin difficult to work with

That's it - just info during a conversation today