•  
Demonland

Be Patient with Lever

For posterity...

When we get our back line right and he is a beast and intercept god....

I'm quoting a lot of you buggers :)

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2018 at 2:55 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

A good request from Jones to be patient with Lever http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-18/levers-start-with-dees-has-been-rocky

Interestingly he says:  "Judge him in another five, six or seven weeks when he starts to become the general down there..."

I wonder how our AA players, Hibberd and Jetta feel about Lever being the 'General' so quickly and if it is affecting their games? 

It will be a big responsibility being put on Lever's shoulders while he is learning a new role in a new team with a different game plan.   

Perhaps, they should just let the kid settle into the backline, develop cohesion with the other back men for the season.  He can watch how Lewis works, and plenty of time to ramp up the responsibility after Lewis moves out of the backline.

I reckon they'd welcome another AA level player into their fold with open arms. Hibberd is a half backer, Jetta is a lock down small defender. They're hardly in the mould of generals, but a KPB intercept defender is. 

At the moment our backline is a shambles, always under pressure and no release points! Assuming we start to come together and show a little structure & confidence, Lever will start to standout.

Don’t bury the kid, give him some time!

• Like 2

He was better on the weekend but still not anything better than average. He put his body on the line a few times and got crunched. I’ll always support someone who does that for our club. Just hoping his skill gets back up to what made him so desirable at trade week.

During his draft year, wasn’t there talk of him playing as a midfielder? I’m pretty sure there was a rage with tall mids (Cripps, Fyfe etc) and I thought we were going to grab him as P3 (after Brayshaw if Trac went to the Saints) but we would pick him as a mid.

If so, just may be another string to his bow if Weed comes on and TMac goes back with his bro. 

Does anyone else recall this? Or did I read this here and taking it as fact.....

The good news is after 4 rounds Lever is leading the club in intercepts averaging 7.5 per game.

The top 5 are (average per game)...

1. Lever 7.5

2. Frost 7.0

3. Hibberd 6.25

4. Hunt 6.0

5. Lewis 5.75

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 9:59 AM, deeko said:

He was better on the weekend but still not anything better than average. He put his body on the line a few times and got crunched. I’ll always support someone who does that for our club. Just hoping his skill gets back up to what made him so desirable at trade week.

During his draft year, wasn’t there talk of him playing as a midfielder? I’m pretty sure there was a rage with tall mids (Cripps, Fyfe etc) and I thought we were going to grab him as P3 (after Brayshaw if Trac went to the Saints) but we would pick him as a mid.

If so, just may be another string to his bow if Weed comes on and TMac goes back with his bro. 

Does anyone else recall this? Or did I read this here and taking it as fact.....

I recall there been talk of Lever being capable of playing as a mid. I don't know where I heard that from, so its possible I heard it in relation to MFC considering selecting him with the potential of Lever playing as a mid. You could be right. He could play mid. He is well balanced and usually makes good decisions.