Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Match Preview and Team Selection - Round 1

Demonland

36 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

You know what, %#%# that!

Various training attendees post reports to inform members on this site about training methods/standouts and they never make out that it’s about themselves. You do!!!!

Many appreciate your training reports but for crying out loud stop making out that you’re the only one privy to information. Your antics are tiring. I quoted you a month ago about Wagner’s progress and you had no decency to reply.

We are a resilient bunch and the discussion about round 1 selection has been fantastic. 

We won’t support the boys any less regardless of which 22 run out there!!!!

I don't make it about myself, a few comedians on here do, I don't think I am the only one privy to information,  again others lay that on me, I report what I do, what's that? er mostly chatting to the players and taking photos

Don't read my posts, it's a free world, my ignore list grows by the day

Resilient, gee that sense of humour is growing, Melbourne supporters are the biggest bunch of whingers I have ever met

And I'm English and have worked in the Public Service so have met some who have turned whinging and whining into an artform

The discussion has been fantastic, again ????,  you can tell what some posters will have put before you read it

Mate, this is a footy forum, populated by, myself included,  posters who are self proclaimed experts on footy, grow up, I have a care factor of 0 of what people think of me

I, unlike some, have a life besides this, if I missed your post I apologize, Wagner's inclusion is no surprise to me after watching him over the summer

I’m disappointed if there’s been any spreading of incorrect information about players even if it’s supposed to be in the interests of spreading “the party line”. 

Always happy to pass on news for the benefit of the club but not so if that news is inaccurate.

I know it happens all the time on social media but It’s still wrong to knowingly impart information that’s not true and it doesn’t do one’s credibility much good if that happens.

With the new season starting today, let’s all keep that in mind.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

I was following the Club line lovey

Not my place to disclose info I am not supposed to, it's called principle and integrity        ah that's the issue you have

Did you knowingly feed the people on this site false information?

I'm not talking about holding information back but providing false information in place of the information you were holding back. 

I ask this because that is what it sounds like you are saying. 

• Like 1

The Roos comments were on fox footy after the cheats game. 

Said something like he was staggered both players were out and there must be a niggle or another reason as they are clearly best 22

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Said something like he was staggered both players were out and there must be a niggle or another reason as they are clearly best 22

Roosey no longer coaches us, we’ve got the Goody oil leading the way now (for better or worse) so I’d not hold too much stock in his comments on selection as he has been out of the club for some time now.

Goody is making a statement, we’re all intrigued to see how it works out, god I hope it works out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bandicoot said:

Shout out to having blind faith in an unproven coach. This football department hasn’t earned the right to be trusted. 

There have been plenty of decisions made by Goody that I’ve questioned, this just happens to be one I agree with given my thoughts on Tyson.

22 hours ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

A "depth player" who played all the JLT and is named when we have 40 fit players. I think he is higher in those considered for selection than a lot on here understand. The best teams have role players who on their own you would not rate highly but are rated a lot higher due to their impact to the overall team structure. I think Wagner is clearly one of these but most focus on his alleged erratic execution and inability to defend well which seems to be limited in example over the preseason. 

I enjoy those that use the lost at selection crutch if we lose but will be silent if we win. Being he played all preseason when we were undefeated speaks more to if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

To be clear I would not have personally named him in my best 22 but I can read the bigger picture as to why.

We should be the best friends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

I'm not talking about holding information back but providing false information in place of the information you were holding back. 

Sounds like a little bit of grandstanding from 'sat' really.

A bit of stirring the pot...

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

But it’s also worth noting that Tyson and Brayshaw are 2 of his love childs.

12 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Yes, I’m sure they were losing sleep over the thought.

Ablett and Selwood not losing sleep, they would just have been wondering what they had against them. I think they may have just a minor passing modest interest in their opponents.

Playing against a 1 gamer with a 18months Aussie rules practice, and no Viney will be a pleasing thought to a 250 game premiership player and a dual brownlow medallist.  

I would have thought that to be self evident. 

Tyson may have needed to be managed, his substitute may not. 

Sorry if a bit of simple reality may spoil the pre game celebrations around here. 

Edited by Hot as Hell

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

Knowingly, you mean like @Tough Kent and his ANB report, off legs for a week?

I was never asked directly, I reported that Viney, in one of his first full sessions looked on track for Rd 1,  which he did, this injury like McDonald flared in last week or so, interestingly I hadn't been to training during that period to report otherwise   simples  so NO is the answer to your question

There a couple of posters  garbed in white hoods and carrying a burning cross who seem to  have an inability to put me on ignore, so they are twisting my words

Edited by Satyriconhome

16 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I was never asked directly, I reported that Viney, in one of his first full sessions looked on track for Rd 1,  which he did, this injury like McDonald flared in last week or so, interestingly I hadn't been to training during that period to report otherwise   simples  so NO is the answer to your question

There a couple of posters  garbed in white hoods and carrying a burning cross who seem to  have an inability to put me on ignore, so they are twisting my words

@Tough Kent posted what he was told. There’s a difference between that and posting information that you know to be false. Poor form tagging him in like that. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I'm confused Saty, you are contradicting yourself. When in a hole, stop digging.  A lot of us valued your reports, but from now on we will have to be skeptical about what you post. 

Perhaps you'll have to add a disclaimer to your posts so we know when you are just regurgitating the company line.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Doodle Dee said:

Maybe Tyson was dropped based on his last match? (r23) :laugh: I distinctly recall him turning it over numerous times in the first quarter, costing a goal or two and really handing them momentum. When exactly can you drop a player for the sins of a r23 match? Certainly not with a JLT game.

I do wonder sometimes if/when these selection moves are intended as punishments to send messages to individuals and the playing group.  Guess it's the coaches call, but it does seem alot like cutting off your nose to spite your face sometimes.  Surely a player like Tyson would have had pleanty of time to reflect and internally punish himself for his performance in Rd 23 over the off season, he seems to be a pretty competitive type to me and like many of the team, I don't think he would have been happy with his performance that day, but he also wasn't alone in butchering opertunities that day (Garlett was another I thought pretty guilty of wasting some very gettable shots on goal).

The Tyson lack of selection does baffle me somewhat based on his usual contribution and JLT form, when to me he looked in pretty good nick.  Gus suprises me a bit less as though I really rate his hardness and potential to be a great footballer, I don't think he has really established himself as a consistently good footballer.  Even before his multiple concussions last year, he seemed to be struggling a bit for form and whilst he was solid, what I saw of his preseason form, he wasn't really screaming out to be picked.

I'm also wondering if these selections/non selections are based more on specific roles and team ballance.  Maynard to play a hard tag/negating role on Selwood in leu of Tyson and Wagner just because he is in better form than Brayshaw.  My personal veiw is that Wagner is a pretty underrated player, who does add a pretty good mix of hardness, pace, height and quality disposal by foot to the side.

39 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

@Tough Kent posted what he was told. There’s a difference between that and posting information that you know to be false. Poor form tagging him in like that. 

He posted incorrect information, surely that's what I am being 'accused' 'of

Besides which I didn't, not sure which bit posters aren't getting

I attended training sessions where Viney trained fully and looked on track for Rd 1, I said so

An issue with his toe flared up in last week or 2, I wasn't at training so reported nada, as far as I knew he was still on track

I was told by a contact he had an issue with his toe but Club would be releasing in next day or two so keep it to myself, which I did, I again attended training on day news was released

28 minutes ago, sue said:

I'm confused Saty, you are contradicting yourself. When in a hole, stop digging.  A lot of us valued your reports, but from now on we will have to be skeptical about what you post. 

Perhaps you'll have to add a disclaimer to your posts so we know when you are just regurgitating the company line.

What I post I have either been told it's ok to or I have made a judgement call myself, see my post above for the correct timeline, not what has been attributed to me

3 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Brayshaw is likely out because he had his wisdom teeth out less than a week ago........

Thank you jnrmac. 

The obvious is often missed by many. 

I always appreciate the info you pass on Saty. I appreciate everyone who attends training and contributes on here.

I'm not going to read all the rubbish going on in here, but maybe everyone should lay off the personal attacks and focus on the subject of the thread/s. Nothing is achieved out of a p*ssing contest.

• Like 2