Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview



Demonland

Bernie keen to lure Sloane to the Dees

Recommended Posts

FoxFooty saying Hawthorn in the box seat if Rory decides to move on. Is there some way to kill off these zombie sides, Hawthorn and Geelong? 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

FoxFooty saying Hawthorn in the box seat if Rory decides to move on. Is there some way to kill off these zombie sides, Hawthorn and Geelong? 

Hawthorn also linked to McGovern. 

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

FoxFooty saying Hawthorn in the box seat if Rory decides to move on. Is there some way to kill off these zombie sides, Hawthorn and Geelong? 

Hawks have a never ending salary cap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Hawks have a never ending salary cap

Not sure about that.

Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell all had to be on a fair wicket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mach5 said:

Not sure about that.

Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell all had to be on a fair wicket.

Yeah they do now but before in their premiership years they seemed to get everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was under the impression the winner of his signature would need to offer a 5 year contract and had St Kilda in the box seat UNTIL this news about Hawthorn came about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming we land Gaff im surprised we would have the cap space to fit Sloane. Plus Sloane has had a horror run with injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Assuming we land Gaff im surprised we would have the cap space to fit Sloane. Plus Sloane has had a horror run with injury. 

We wouldn't go both. Gaff is a reasonable fall back option. But obviously if we had the pick of the two we'd go Sloane. We are at the point in our journey where we are entering the premiership window. You get the best players possible. Sloane is an A grader. Gaff is a B grader. Given a choice its a simple decision for mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Assuming we land Gaff im surprised we would have the cap space to fit Sloane. Plus Sloane has had a horror run with injury. 

You need to change your avatar mate I opened this thread thinking Chook In Perth had an update :laugh:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adelaide are too peed off with us for Sloane not to be our way inclined

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was a forensic accountant I would be fantasising about auditing Hawthorn. They have been making cap room magically appear for the last decade.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adzman said:

If I was a forensic accountant I would be fantasising about auditing Hawthorn. They have been making cap room magically appear for the last decade.

The problem with free agency is older players are accepting less money to move to a ‘successful’ well resources club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

The problem with free agency is older players are accepting less money to move to a ‘successful’ well resources club.

That would be solved by lowering the threshold for FAs. Younger players are more likely to move for money and there would be a greater pool of players available each year thereby promoting greater player movement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sloane is a sliding A Grader & Gaff is an improving A Grader. 

Gaff is younger, healthier and would probably win the Brownlow if it were counted today. 

To top it off, Gaff is more of what we need  

I would take Gaff well & truly ahead of Sloane. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2018 at 3:01 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

Got to keep upgrading the list every year. 

If Sloane is available, then we should be on the front foot, if we don’t land him, another club will. 

Midfielders get injured, they are in the guts and frenzy. 

Sloane would be great right now as Viney is out for a long time

Never think static

I hope we are onto something, with the ranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I hope we are onto something, with the ranger.

3 months later......

 

he’s quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

3 months later......

 

he’s quick

persistent.

We have to get this club winning in September.  And save it from itself.  Niceness knows no bounds, and is lovely, outside the theatre of battle.

It is an imposter, within the forming of an army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DV8 said:

persistent.

We have to get this club winning in September.  And save it from itself.  Niceness knows no bounds, and is lovely, outside the theatre of battle.

It is an imposter, within the forming of an army.

Save it from itself...

aah yes. The Northern Stand, I temporarily forgot

Sloane is massively over rated, but we blew the Wines deal

Scraps are never great....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Save it from itself...

aah yes. The Northern Stand, I temporarily forgot

Sloane is massively over rated, but we blew the Wines deal

Scraps are never great....

the attitudes swyl.

the attitudes that have led us to vote for directors we do not know nor come into contact with, Via the recommendations sent out to us in club letters.

... usually recommended as well from the mcc,,, all good and harmonious there, but at what cost, swyl.  

 

You are very negative about anything that shines a dark light on the things that you cherish,  without any consideration from yourself ?

'the fish rots from the head' I believe I have heard you say many times, yet you still will not tolerate the thought, that something you cherish is actually cancerous.  And killing itself, from the inside.

- - - - - - - - -

 

"Sloane overrated",  another meaningless comment from you out of spite,,,  about something you are weak at, judging player talent.

 Sloane is tagged week in, week out, for good reason. swyl.  But don't let the facts hit you in the face with a cold wet fish.

Edited by DV8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DV8 said:

the attitudes swyl.

the attitudes that have led us to vote for directors we do not know nor come into contact with, Via the recommendations sent out to us in club letters.

... usually recommended as well from the mcc,,, all good and harmonious there, but at what cost, swyl.  

 

You are very negative about anything that shines a dark light on the things that you cherish,  without any consideration from yourself ?

'the fish rots from the head' I believe I have heard you say many times, yet you still will not tolerate the thought, that something you cherish is actually cancerous.  And killing itself, from the inside.

- - - - - - - - -

 

"Sloane overrated",  another meaningless comment from you out of spite,,,  about something you are weak at, judging player talent.

 Sloane is tagged week in, week out, for good reason. swyl.  But don't let the facts hit you in the face with a cold wet fish.

STOP CRAPPING ON ABOUT THE F$&@ing MCC 

it is so tiresome. 

The MCG is the 10th best stadium in the world, they are not dumb people who run it. 

and you call me light weight???

Sloane is over rated as is Rance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

STOP CRAPPING ON ABOUT THE F$&@ing MCC 

it is so tiresome. 

The MCG is the 10th best stadium in the world, they are not dumb people who run it. 

and you call me light weight???

Sloane is over rated as is Rance...

THEY are footy dumb, when it comes to footy clubs.

They're good at the turnstiles, swyl.   Thats all they are. 

 

They stuffed up,,, knocking down the Smokers Stand,

And they took OUR players race, away from the Mfc members/supporters children...  they couldn't run a footy club, if they had all the kings horses and all the kings men.

Edited by DV8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018 at 9:10 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

Sloane is not a depth player

Sloane or Gaff??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Big Carl said:

Sloane or Gaff??

Gaff is more creative i think. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×