Jump to content




  •  
brendan

Gawny's Column in the HUN.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Raspberry Cruisers?

That explains the 135kegs along with th self loathing each Sat and Sunday morning? “What the fk was I thinking with the Cruisers?!”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

What about coaches? 

i'd be less concerned with coaches, but happier if it was just occasional

always happier with focus on primary function

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a brief mention of China in 2010.

I would have liked some further light cast on the infamous Gawn Yawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

There was a brief mention of China in 2010.

I would have liked some further light cast on the infamous Gawn Yawn.

We all know he threw up on Scully to make sure he [censored] off, to give us pick 1, to get us Jesse Hogan.

Gawn is basically a recruiting genius! 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jaded said:

We all know he threw up on Scully to make sure he [censored] off, to give us pick 1, to get us Jesse Hogan.

Gawn is basically a recruiting genius! 

They say altered states of consciousness give us the ability to attain insights that are not available to the sober mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I didn’t get to read article, was there anything else in it aside from:

- gave up smoking

- disappointment R23

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

We all know he threw up on Scully to make sure he [censored] off, to give us pick 1, to get us Jesse Hogan.

Gawn is basically a recruiting genius! 

I wish this was the case but unfortunately it is not.

For Scully we received two first round picks, which equated to #4 (directly after our #3) and #13 (pushed to #14 due to W.B compensation for the loss of Ward).

Pick #4 (Scully compensation) was used to draft Toumpas.

Picks #3 (our initial draft pick) & #14 (Scully compensation) was used for the 2012 Mini-draft Pick #2 (Hogan) plus Dom Barry and Pick #20.

Pick #20 was then on-traded for Dawes and Pick #61 (which was then used as part of the Gysberts for Pedersen trade).

 

So I'd say it's more easy to argue that the Scully compensation was used to acquire Toumpas, Barry, and Dawes (yuk!).

If, however, Todd Viney had his way over Neeld and used Pick #4 to select Wines it would have been a better outcome. But, if that would have occurred we probably would have never got the likes of Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, and Weidemen (from presumably higher ladder positions). So it has appeared to even out nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ignition. said:

I wish this was the case but unfortunately it is not.

For Scully we received two first round picks, which equated to #4 (directly after our #3) and #13 (pushed to #14 due to W.B compensation for the loss of Ward).

Pick #4 (Scully compensation) was used to draft Toumpas.

Picks #3 (our initial draft pick) & #14 (Scully compensation) was used for the 2012 Mini-draft Pick #2 (Hogan) plus Dom Barry and Pick #20.

Pick #20 was then on-traded for Dawes and Pick #61 (which was then used as part of the Gysberts for Pedersen trade).

 

So I'd say it's more easy to argue that the Scully compensation was used to acquire Toumpas, Barry, and Dawes (yuk!).

If, however, Todd Viney had his way over Neeld and used Pick #4 to select Wines it would have been a better outcome. But, if that would have occurred we probably would have never got the likes of Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, and Weidemen (from presumably higher ladder positions). So it has appeared to even out nicely.

But if Scully never left I don't believe we would have gone after Hogan.

The Scully compensation was all part of the mix that enabled a deal to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×