•  
brendan

Gawny's Column in the HUN.

I look forward to more stories from max, he is a ripper 

11 minutes ago, brendan said:

As a 65+ year MFC supporter (yes I did enjoy the glory years, which I actually took for granted) my fingers have been burned enough to wait and see just how much it did hurt the playing group.

But I did enjoy the article.  Max is a very genuine type of guy.

Maturity.  I hope others in the squad caught a whiff of reality after round 23 and took this opportunity as well.

Gawny

Well done for your health sake.  I had my time with the darts  for many years, not good.

My Doctor quoted me with this and l took his advice.     He said, You can drink in moderation but you cannot smoke in moderation.

• Like 1

the theme of him becoming a demon supporter during his time injured on the sidelines is something that he comes back to consistently

i would suspect it would be the same for most players who've had extended periods of injury, such as trac

i know that robbie gray became more wedded to the power whilst recovering from his knee knack, for instance

He certainly has the touch doesn't he.  Great article that you would not hear from almost any other player.  Honesty and self reflection along with a heap of self mocking humour.

• Like 2

CAnt get past the paywall.

Would appreciate a pm copy and paste if someone’s up to it.

Ta

• Like 1

i dont care how well he presents in the media. gawn was terrible last year in the games he played. yes, i know he was injured but if you pull or the guernsey theres no excuses. he was getting smashed by the likes of hickey etc. needs a big year

• Like 2

2 hours ago, old dee said:

Talk is cheap action needed.

Losing patience OD ?

I would have thought that the last 50 years would have taught you to be patient!

But I know, time is running out for all of us.

• Like 2

This article was worth the price of the Herald Sun today. Excellent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Legend.

3 hours ago, old dee said:

Talk is cheap action needed.

Agreed, a great article and some very humble words but just words, hopefully for Max he can look back win lose or draw and see he done his best.

I am a 135kg keyboard warrior so I realise that it's a bit rich but it's still the truth.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

Agreed, a great article and some very humble words but just words, hopefully for Max he can look back win lose or draw and see he done his best.

I am a 135kg keyboard warrior so I realise that it's a bit rich but it's still the truth.

90% of Max's problem is staying on the park play 20 games will be a big help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nosoupforme said:

Gawny

Well done for your health sake.  I had my time with the darts  for many years, not good.

My Doctor quoted me with this and l took his advice.     He said, You can drink in moderation but you cannot smoke in moderation.

Quite right Soup - moderation is to be avoided at all costs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i'm not a big fan of players having a column in the papers or a regular tv or radio spot during the season

too easy to end up drinking you know what

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i'm not a big fan of players having a column in the papers or a regular tv or radio spot during the season

I get what your saying but I do enjoy reading and listening to what our players have to say, I really like Lewis on AFL360 

22 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

Raspberry Cruisers?

2 hours ago, hemingway said:

Losing patience OD ?

I would have thought that the last 50 years would have taught you to be patient!

But I know, time is running out for all of us.

We haven't many goes left. If each year is one go, then there aint many goes, so come on Dees! GIVE US A GO!!!!!!

This is what happens when you don't have leadership at the club. The club failed collectively as we know but imagine Cpts Trengove and Grimes telling Max and others to pull their head and work harder. Un-fricken-believeable we made such a poor decision to appoint those two but just as bad is the fact there was no-one else to lead.

3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

What about coaches?