• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Sign in to follow this  
wise

Fitter Jones flying

Fitter Jones flying

Now entering his second AFL-listed season, Jones is Melbourne's 'flyer' on the training track at this stage of the pre-season, having dropped almost 10 kilograms since Melbourne's season ended against Fremantle in last year's finals series.

"I model myself on hard-running players - (Robert) Harvey, (Ben) Cousins and (Daniel) Kerr - and the West Coast midfield is how Melbourne's trying to model itself on and the best teams - Sydney and West Coast."

Jones reflected on his past 12 months with the Demons and said the journey so far has been a 'dream come true'.

[FULL STORY]

311604al.jpg

Awesome. Talkative lad isn't he? The more I see and hear about him the more the mere mention of his name warms the cockles of my heart, in the same way the mention of Brock did in his early months at the club, before he blossomed.

But I don't know about that St Kilda thing...

Great article, even greater kid.

It makes sense that they'd ask him to lose weight, as he really did struggle with his endurance. The fact that he mentions that he hasn't lost any strength, that's the main thing. If he can still hold his ground, but at the same time run up and down it a couple hundred times, that's how he'll become an elite player.

Once the real Junior retires, I'm going to call him Junior... Brock Junior. :D

Mini chief is his nickname..because of the Jason Dunstall type receding hair line.
Somehow I prefer my nickname of "Glen" or Glen Lovett Jr..... at least that's who he reminded me of or looks a bit like...

How good is it having not only the original Brock, but the next Brock as well?

The CHUNK is featured again today's HUN.

Very happy to hear Bartram is now at full training, and a possibility for Round 1.