• Latest Podcast: Sydney

Sign in to follow this  
Dee Dubya

Ocean Grove/Geelong Match Day Bus

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the above Demon Supporters bus still operates? 

1 hour ago, Dee Dubya said:

Hi all,

Why don't you ring the membership line - 1300 366 667 - and ask them if they know of a supporter bus coming from down that way. There used to be a supporter bus I think from the Bendigo area and the Gippsland area. They might be able to put you in contact with one of the supporter groups.

9 minutes ago, Deeman said:

Is that the one they threw Mark Neeld under?

A clash of coaches?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

Why don't you ring the membership line - 1300 366 667 - and ask them if they know of a supporter bus coming from down that way. There used to be a supporter bus I think from the Bendigo area and the Gippsland area. They might be able to put you in contact with one of the supporter groups.

Thanks for that suggestion.

1 hour ago, Dee Dubya said:

Hi all,

Yes it does, Ill pass on the details if you like... just currently tied up (but not enough to check demonland))

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danelska said:

Yes it does, Ill pass on the details if you like... just currently tied up (but not enough to check demonland))

Thanks Danelska, that'd be great.

1 hour ago, demonstone said:

Nah mate, that was the reality bus.   It was what it was.

In that case, it was hijacked by Patrick Dangerfield while making his unscheduled exit from Central Reserve, Colac. 

The good news is that the club will have it fully operational for Round 1 and Dangerfield is not on the passenger list.

I would suggest getting a ride with a Geelong supporter.  Hopefully it will be a very enjoyable ride home!  As a kid, I remember doing the Cattery run with a cocky Geelong supporter from Melbourne.  He crowed all the way down.  When we won, us Melbourne supporters grinned from ear to ear the whole way back - didn’t say a word, but didn’t need to!

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

I would suggest getting a ride with a Geelong supporter.  Hopefully it will be a very enjoyable ride home!  As a kid, I remember doing the Cattery run with a cocky Geelong supporter from Melbourne.  He crowed all the way down.  When we won, us Melbourne supporters grinned from ear to ear the whole way back - didn’t say a word, but didn’t need to!

Thought about that. They're actually running the Portarlington ferry from Geelong to Docklands with a special tram to the G. Trouble is, if we win it's like being in a funeral procession coming home and if we lose you have to put up with a constant, non_stop commentary of how great so and so played and the patronizing "don't worry-youse will come good soon". Rather be with fellow crazed demons singing the Grand Old Flag all the way home. I'll wait for Danelska who is kindly chasing up a phone number for me.

• Like 1

I have done the OG/Geelong bus a few times back in the Bailey days. You would be surprised with the amount of Demons in that neck of the woods but I guess it makes sense if you consider the amount of sea change retirees down there.

Though by the time you hit the City of Geelong, the number of boarding passengers tends to get fewer and fewer!

53 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

I have done the OG/Geelong bus a few times back in the Bailey days. You would be surprised with the amount of Demons in that neck of the woods but I guess it makes sense if you consider the amount of sea change retirees down there.

Though by the time you hit the City of Geelong, the number of boarding passengers tends to get fewer and fewer!

Yes, the number of Demon car stickers you see around Geelong & the Bellarine has increased quite rapidly in the past few years. If this keeps up the Geelong Advertiser may even discover that other teams actually exist and have players that aren't named Ablett, Dangerfield or Selwood.