• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Sign in to follow this  
McQueen

Melbourne Players Fantasy Value

"Melbourne is set to be a Fantasy Volcano" is one sentence I've read with regards to this years AFL Fantasy competition. It's pretty clear that we're a team that likes to possess the footy which should bode well for good Fantasy scores but, if based on the North JLT game, might we become a team that shares the footy to a point where fantasy scores actually diminish?

Interested to hear some opinions.

At this stage, the MFC players I have in my team are:

DEF: Hibberd

MID, FWD: Petracca 

FWD: ANB

RUCK: Gawn

• Like 1

Melbourne could do really well this year fantasy wise I think.

I've got Clarry in my team, because he is still fairly cheap with the ability to get to the 105-110 score average that the premium players have. 

Fritsch is a great rookie option, as he looks well on his way to play Round 1 and can definitely score high with his marking and goal sense. Joel Smith will make you a lot of cash if he can string games together as well.

I've also got Dec in for obvious reasons.

Other than Hibberd we probably don't have any great defenders for Fantasy because they all share a role and we aren't reliant on one on great key back. 

Will definitely be keeping an eye on tonight's players scores to see if there's anyone else that'd worth a try.

• Like 1

Lots to keep an eye on.

Several players are in that twilight zone where even if they improve significantly in 'real football' terms, their fantasy/supercoach values might not climb dramatically. For example I'd include Hunt, Nibbler, Lever, Salem, Melksham, Stretch and both McDonalds in that category.

Reluctant to take Viney after a flawed preseason. Hesitating about Hibberd because a big part of why his scores climbed so much in 2017 was because he added intercept marking to his game. Now with Lever in to do that as well, our backline looks devastating but the supercoach points look spread out a bit. No points for being part of a super-efficient overall unit!

After all the filtering, I'm left with;

GAWN, because the risk of needing to use a trade if he breaks down is far smaller than the risk of missing out on the supercoach individual highest scorer for the season.

PETRACCA because 'demonstrated improved fitness', 'more midfield time' and 'now 22 years old' are pretty much the fantasy triple treat.

BRAYSHAW. because he can go in as a defender and because I believe in him, I really think he can become a premium. Thing to note about his stats history - as far as 'valuable things done per disposal' goes, he is extraordinary. Half the time when he touches it, it is an effective inside 50 or a clearance or a good long kick and so on. Great as a player and gold in supercoach.

HOGAN. If he performs at the level of 2015/16 you make an easy $100k profit and then move on. If he lifts to the level we all know he could, particularly with the bonus midfield minutes, then he could be one of the absolute top few supercoach forwards.

Keeping an eye on Fritsch and also Hannan. Hannan is a bit like Brayshaw (and Hunt), in that when he gets it, 'valuable' things happen. So a bit more fitness and better whole-game involvement could make him jump price a bit.

On 08/03/2018 at 1:17 PM, Drunkn167 said:

Melbourne could do really well this year fantasy wise I think.

I've got Clarry in my team, because he is still fairly cheap with the ability to get to the 105-110 score average that the premium players have. 

Fritsch is a great rookie option, as he looks well on his way to play Round 1 and can definitely score high with his marking and goal sense. Joel Smith will make you a lot of cash if he can string games together as well.

I've also got Dec in for obvious reasons.

Other than Hibberd we probably don't have any great defenders for Fantasy because they all share a role and we aren't reliant on one on great key back. 

Will definitely be keeping an eye on tonight's players scores to see if there's anyone else that'd worth a try.

You’re right, hard to go past Oliver based on his performance the other night. Especially if he adds another 12 points with a couple of goals per game.

SC for me, but will add my thoughts.

Currently running with:

Def: Hibberd, Salem

Mid: -

Ruck: Gawn

Fwd: Petracca (mid), Fritsch (pending R1 selection)

I usually try not to pick Dees unless they are rookies getting a game or I think they are really good value. The team itself causes me enough pain without ruining my SC as well. I've picked Salem before because he always looks like value and ready to breakout...so that selection will be reviewed plenty of times before R1. Might give Spargo a run as a floating donut as well.

19 hours ago, Kumamoto_Ken said:

SC for me, but will add my thoughts.

Currently running with:

Def: Hibberd, Salem

Mid: -

Ruck: Gawn

Fwd: Petracca (mid), Fritsch (pending R1 selection)

I usually try not to pick Dees unless they are rookies getting a game or I think they are really good value. The team itself causes me enough pain without ruining my SC as well. I've picked Salem before because he always looks like value and ready to breakout...so that selection will be reviewed plenty of times before R1. Might give Spargo a run as a floating donut as well.

Exactly what I was thinking. Overlooked Salem, named J.Smith on the bench instead. (D/M)

Hopefully gets fit, and picks up where he left off. Might save a trade later. That's the plan now, could change next week.