Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Brad Green

Demonland

Viney on Track for Round 1

Recommended Posts

Considering the Demonland medicos had him pencilled in to return in June, this is terrific news.

I must admit I'm surprised the Demonland medicos got it wrong, as that's never happened before...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As reported in the Demonland Training Thread by Demons11 Jack Viney is taking part in the the half ground match simulation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viney was born in a lab somewhere in a deep dark forest.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Considering the Demonland medicos had him pencilled in to return in June, this is terrific news.

I must admit I'm surprised the Demonland medicos got it wrong, as that's never happened before...

let's not get ahead of ourselves. he hasnt started training with intensity yet and with tricky food injuries the road to recovery is mostly up and down even in succrssful cases. he will likely miss due to a hiccup once the loads increase as normally happens but doesnt mean he isnt on the right path. dont want him playing underdone in any case. there were enough issues with that last year with players coming back from injury and it cost us a finals spot

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

If he comes back too early and hurts his foot again I'll spew up.

Spewing up? Tricky food injuries will do that to you.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

let's not get ahead of ourselves. he hasnt started training with intensity yet and with tricky food injuries the road to recovery is mostly up and down even in succrssful cases. he will likely miss due to a hiccup once the loads increase as normally happens but doesnt mean he isnt on the right path. dont want him playing underdone in any case. there were enough issues with that last year with players coming back from injury and it cost us a finals spot

I'm with you 18 hundreds, ever since another good player from SA went down to a foot injury a couple of years ago , i don't mind if he doesn't play till June, as long as he's right to go......"full pelt"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spot on re trenners. club should have held him back. dave misson in action and the sports science team needed an overhaul years ago. one the last parts of our club still in the dark ages. will wait for trenners career to end to see if he rightly sues the club.

Edited by Demons1858

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

If he comes back too early and hurts his foot again I'll spew up.

If he comes back midseason and everything goes fine I'll forever wonder if we could have brought him back earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

spot on re trenners. club should have held him back. dave misson in action and the sports science team needed an overhaul years ago. one the last parts of our club still in the dark ages. will wait for trenners career to end to see if he rightly sues the club.

That's absolute twaddle. You've no idea of the inner workings of the medical team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football is a team game - one man out means next man up.  Good teams/clubs can cover for a major out or 2. 

We nearly got through to the the 1987 GF with 2 of our best players having very little impact (or no impact) at the business end of the season - injuries being the reason.

On top of that Peter Moore was also injured early in the season and couldn't get back into the side.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, A F said:

That's absolute twaddle. You've no idea of the inner workings of the medical team.

Nor of the inner workings of the human body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Nor of the inner workings of the human body.

i often wonder about the inner thoughts of some demonlanders :o

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Age reporting Ablett has hamstring tightness upon hearing the news Jack will be right for Round 1. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, A F said:

That's absolute twaddle. You've no idea of the inner workings of the medical team.

And just to add ... it's usually nothing to do with Misson or the "Sports Science Team" whether a player is over an injury or not. That's for the doctors and medics, and in Viney's case, much of this would have come from the outside specialists who did the foot op.

Misson's job is to make sure that IF the medics say a player is right to play, that he's fit, and to maintain fitness during injury and build it back up after.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, A F said:

That's absolute twaddle. You've no idea of the inner workings of the medical team.

lets shut this forum down then if we can't make an observation without being a paid employee. results are what count not inner workings. viney, gawn, watts all came back clearly underdone and it cost us finals. there no acceptable excuse for placed the career of our greatest player asset at risk

Edited by Demons1858
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Demons1858 said:

lets shut this forum down then if we can't make an observation without being a paid employee. results are what count not inner workings. viney, gawn, watts all came back clearly underdone and it cost us finals. there no acceptable excuse for placed the career of our greatest player asset at risk

Gawn was 'gawn' for 10 weeks.  I don't exactly see how people are arguing that he was rushed back early.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demons1858 said:

lets shut this forum down then if we can't make an observation without being a paid employee. 

 

You made a rubbish observation based on nothing but ill-informed speculation. You were called on it. That's how forums work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, bing181 said:

You made a rubbish observation based on nothing but ill-informed speculation. You were called on it. That's how forums work.

your entitled to your opinion but like mine earlier its only an opinion. fact is that.viney gawn and watts struggled and werent fit on return and it cost us. we can look at their stats pre and post injuries if you want some facts

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Demons1858 said:

lets shut this forum down then if we can't make an observation without being a paid employee. results are what count not inner workings. viney, gawn, watts all came back clearly underdone and it cost us finals. there no acceptable excuse for placed the career of our greatest player asset at risk

Yeah, there's a difference between having an opinion and pedalling hysteria based on no facts whatsoever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, A F said:

Yeah, there's a difference between having an opinion and pedalling hysteria based on no facts whatsoever.

Have you thought that you might be being just a little precious about the club and the sports science team? Its never nice hearing / reading negative comments but in this case there are facts that warrant at least a review the department.

Perhaps I could have expanded on the fact early. Here are some without looking back at the year in detail.

1. viney, gawn, watts all came back clearly underdone

2. viney has had a secondary foot injury that places his career somewhat at risk

3. the team has stalled in the back half of the season for the 2 to 3rd years

4. Salem got a brick on his head and tyson injured himself in some macho SAS course last season to the point where the players bypassed the club to go to their players association

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viney has not been rushed back, you can't compare viney injury to trengoves injury, different parts of the foot, trengove was the nav bone which has little blood flow, the only thing that can go wrong is if viney is running wrong, which led to the new injury when his foot was landing differently after the releasing op, is his foot landing the correct way pre all injuries? 

Edited by don't make me angry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×