• Latest Podcast: Hawthorn

Demonland

Poll: Which New Recruit ...

POLL  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recruits.png

Which new recruit are you most excited to see your first glimpse of in the AFLX/JLT?

* Harrison Petty has not been named in the AFLX and I'm not sure on his availability for the JLT series.

I'm kind of excited to see all of them but Bayley could be the most important for us in the short term.

• Like 1

Oskar Baker. Aside from the fact that he has cult hero written all over him, I liked what I've seen at training. 

• Like 1

I voted for “Sideshow” Baker, I think he’s got a bit of the old X factor about him. 

• Like 1

Oskar with a K for mine. He seems to have both urgency and grunt then adds polish, traits we have lacked in the last decade.

It is indeed exciting to see the list grow with young players who have genuine skillsets, rather than young players who fill our list obligations.  All those on the poll fit that former criterion.

Edited by Hot as Hell
typo
  • Like 1

Like everyone around here, I'm very keen to see all of them, but I nominated Spargs, simply because he was our first pick in the draft.  I'm loving the snippets I'm reading on all of them in the media and in training reports etc.  Our list seems to be in excellent shape right now (depth, spread, age and ability) and I can't wait for the real stuff to start, when we'll find out with a bit more certainty.

• Like 2

Spargo for me.  Might be short in stature, but won't be short in the courage, hard work and team work categories.  Very keen to see how he goes when the ball hits the deck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon Jack said:

Oskar Baker. Aside from the fact that he has cult hero written all over him, I liked what I've seen at training. 

I think he has a bit of  j hunt about him

Spargo for mine. He’s the most competitive player from the entire draft last year. Add in his good skills and speed and he was a top 10 pick if not for injury. If his body holds up he’ll be a 10 year player for us IMO. 

Also excited to see Baker purely due to his pace, as pace through the middle is something we are lacking.