•  
Sign in to follow this  
Mach5

Dees Fitness Guru Rob Jackson jumps ship to Umpires

Massive loss.

I'm not sure if many appreciate or understand the difference he makes. Obviously someone at the AFL does.

Hopefully he'll improve their decision making as well

:goody:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Are we able to use this as a valid excuse if we miss finals?

Think of it more as an advantage having a mole in the umpires camp. I trust he will threaten the umpires with endless 100x100 metre runs if they give any free kicks against us.

I’d suggest there was less poaching and more applying for the position. 

• Like 2

Very disappointing. He took Saints to the Grand Finals with no injuries.  Knows how to build up the conditioning required.

At the Demons for 5 years?

That's almost a lifetime in today's marketplace. 

I'm sure he would feel that he has done as much as he can at the Dees in terms of teaching, instructing, motivating and passing on his knowledge. 

• Like 2

I enjoy his instagram videos, but surely Misson and the rest of his team have a handle on the various aspects of the job. Represents an opportunity to retain most of his knowledge and then bring in some fresh ideas.

It is disappointing that the AFL would open what surely must be an attractive position on the verge of the season starting at a busy time for strength and conditioning. Is it only with the introduction of a new head of umpiring recently that they worked out they needed new strength and conditioning programmes?

You'd think it would be better for everyone if the hiring and firing in these positions occurs over the October break time.

• Like 1

So the maggots will run out of puff around round 19, be behind the play most first quarters and struggle to turn up in round 23?

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

The timing is the only thing that is anoying me about this. Puts us on the spot to adjust, late in the preseason. But I'm sure the handover within the club will be managed well, team-based planning, all that.

For me, I'm just chalking up another mark on the 'signs the AFL HQ are a complete shambles' board.

• Like 1

I've literally never heard of this guy. Isn't Dave Misson our "fitness guru"?

• Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 3:45 PM, hemingway said:

At the Demons for 5 years?

That's almost a lifetime in today's marketplace. 

I'm sure he would feel that he has done as much as he can at the Dees in terms of teaching, instructing, motivating and passing on his knowledge. 

I’m $ure he i$ thrilled to be teaching, in$ructing, motivating and pa$$ing on hi$ knowledge to the umpire$. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've literally never heard of this guy. Isn't Dave Misson our "fitness guru"?

Misson is the master, Jackson was the guru. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

On 2/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, Demonland said:

Umpires' High Performance Manager?  If they want high performing umpires they need to spend less time in the gym and more time studying the rules and watching game footage. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 5:44 AM, dazzledavey36 said:

Maybe the umpires will now be able to summons enough strength to bounce the ball? Here's hoping.

Edited by dee-tox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looking forward to the vision of an umpire climbing the rope 20m using only arms, like Jack Viney last year....

13 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

The timing is the only thing that is anoying me about this. Puts us on the spot to adjust, late in the preseason. But I'm sure the handover within the club will be managed well, team-based planning, all that.

For me, I'm just chalking up another mark on the 'signs the AFL HQ are a complete shambles' board.

And for me, its a sign that the Melbourne Football Club is no longer considered a shambles because we have people worth pinching.

4 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

And for me, its a sign that the Melbourne Football Club is no longer considered a shambles because we have people worth pinching.

careful, ldvc. pinching people these days can get you into hot water. just ask robert doyle

• Shocked 1