Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Anyone else feeling sick in the guts

doc roet

54 minutes ago, D4Life said:

Tigers and Dogs winning the flag is great for the AFL, means anyone who has few injuries, good draw, bit of luck and can put together a very good last 6-8 weeks is in with a chance for the flag.

Demons best players still seem better suited to 2019/2020 for a tilt at the flag, but finish top 4 this year and you never know! 

2018 shapes up as an exciting year, just a little luck and we are finals bound, and our best will get us in the top 4, go Dees!

Tongue in cheek mate. It’s defnitely a good trend.

I’m still bitter though. I’m yet to meet a Tigers supporter whose company I enjoyed. I’m sure they exist. I just haven’t met one yet.

• Haha 1

Doc, interesting post in the light of a telephone conversation I just had with a fellow demon fanatic of 50 years. At the end I said something to the effect “how good are those demons”. Silence....when I explained it was the women, we both agreed in our lifetimes we are far more likely to see the girls win (possibly multi) premierships than the men.

Personally I am investing very little emotional energy this year in the men after being so disappointed in the last two years. I am predicting a 12-14th finish for them. As I have previously posted, I think we will very much regret our trading this year with Port Adelaide finishing in thr top four off the back of the demon players we have given to them in the last two years. 

It will be a tough year, but go girls - they are a star studded outfit!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dees2014 said:

Doc, interesting post in the light of a telephone conversation I just had with a fellow demon fanatic of 50 years. At the end I said something to the effect “how good are those demons”. Silence....when I explained it was the women, we both agreed in our lifetimes we are far more likely to see the girls win (possibly multi) premierships than the men.

Personally I am investing very little emotional energy this year in the men after being so disappointed in the last two years. I am predicting a 12-14th finish for them. As I have previously posted, I think we will very much regret our trading this year with Port Adelaide finishing in thr top four off the back of the demon players we have given to them in the last two years. 

It will be a tough year, but go girls - they are a star studded outfit!

After the debacle at the end of last year, I had a feeling of peace come over me and i guess it was from knowing that its done and dusted.I wouldn't be kicked in the guts any more.The pathetic finale to the end of the year had taken it all out of me and i dare say a lot of other supporters of long standing (in my case 53 years)It was like stuff this,i'm going fishing next year.But as the new season approaches,and I look at our list,with all our youngsters with another year under their belt,and hopefully not so rotten of luck with injuries the old spirit is coming back with what I started this thread with a nervous feeling in the guts.

I'M BACK IN.

GO YOU MIGHTY DEMONS. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Port will finish top four off the back of the players we have given them over the past two years? Crikey. I should stop following the Demons while I’m still young. 

What with all the back Patter's, those players are  satisfied playing one or 2 Good Games then they rest of their Laurels

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Port will finish top four off the back of the players we have given them over the past two years? Crikey. I should stop following the Demons while I’m still young. 

Will be happy to reload this thread in September - and I will!!

Edited by Dees2014

10 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I really do wonder what the implications of missing the finals will be?

We'll all do a 180 on the "we dont need a big fish" talk. I think we'll be trading quite a few players to make cap room for a massive offer to Sloane or another player, if this group cant deliver finals.

Edited by Doodle Dee

On 06/02/2018 at 9:16 AM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I really do wonder what the implications of missing the finals will be?

I reckon the  Boot camp might have a lot of new players!

I'm quietly confident. I thought we should have finished top 4 last year. We knocked over one Grand Finalist on their home soil, and should have taken out the other but for injuries. Brain farts undid us. Not playing out 4 q's did us. I think, as our list matures, that will get less and less. We have the list and the support... the real question is if we have the cojones .

• Like 7

Just try to pick our best 22 and you can see our depth is much better and we have a lot of players who will hopefully be headed for breakout years. It looms as an exciting year. 

Petracca

Salem

Brayshaw

Hogan

Max

All seemingly had good preseasons, am feeling optimistic about 2018!

• Like 1

On 06/02/2018 at 7:10 PM, Doodle Dee said:

We'll all do a 180 on the "we dont need a big fish" talk. I think we'll be trading quite a few players to make cap room for a massive offer to Sloane or another player, if this group cant deliver finals.

Ollie wines is out of contract at the end of the year.

• Haha 1

I like all long suffering Dee supporters feel a bit crook in the guts at this time of year, 2017 gave us some great wins, un-explainable poor losses, a massive fade out against the lowly Lions and then a gut wrenching loss to the Pies. The Lions win set off alarm bells in my head once again, so I wasn't as surprised as some that we played so poorly in Round 23. This year I am not expecting it to be an easy road to the finals, there are 10 other teams that can make it, I want and expect this group of players to guts out wins that we would have lost and put teams to the sword that aren't 100% on or are injury depleted. No more mister nice guy's, I want mean hard, tough players that play for each other the Club and us supporters. Nothing else will be good enough in 2018.

Go Dee's....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, DeeZone said:

I like all long suffering Dee supporters feel a bit crook in the guts at this time of year, 2017 gave us some great wins, un-explainable poor losses, a massive fade out against the lowly Lions and then a gut wrenching loss to the Pies. The Lions win set off alarm bells in my head once again, so I wasn't as surprised as some that we played so poorly in Round 23. This year I am not expecting it to be an easy road to the finals, there are 10 other teams that can make it, I want and expect this group of players to guts out wins that we would have lost and put teams to the sword that aren't 100% on or are injury depleted. No more mister nice guy's, I want mean hard, tough players that play for each other the Club and us supporters. Nothing else will be good enough in 2018.

Go Dee's....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Here Here”

On 04/02/2018 at 8:49 PM, doc roet said:

Having been a Demons supporter since switching from Carlton under peer pressure from taunting school mates in 1964. I have been living with hope every year that the next year will be the one.

50+ years on and it hasn't changed, however this upcoming season has me feeling more than ever that we can take the next step and really give it a good shake, but I am torn between putting all my emotional energy into a team that has ripped my heart out,or giving it another shot. I guess it's nature's way of  warning my body.

Cassandra? Just teasing, but is there any chance there is no 'Norm Smith curse' but you swapping from the Blues...?