Jump to content





  •  
Sign in to follow this  
Vineytime

Preseason Training Week commencing - 22/01/18

Recommended Posts

To all you track watchers out there: 

Any thoughts on Harrison Petty?     Apparently well respected junior: how does he look? How’s he training?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Weed should be back after Maroochydoor, Jones did full session today, gives me nothing so asked how his calf, neck, back, being 30 were   all good

Tim Smith back in main group as is Kent

McKenna hamstring issues now sorted solid month of rehab awaits

Hi Saty

Am i right in thinking there is a training session on Friday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The team we love said:

Saty, was Viney doing any sort of running yesterday? Cheers

No was inside, will be outside Wednesday, his program is rigidly controlled to ensure he only does what he is supposed to, as reported previously he is taking it out on the weights in the gym

26 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

Hi Saty

Am i right in thinking there is a training session on Friday?

No, they are having a long weekend before heading off to Qld, work life balance, Lewis for one will be leaving his new twins for a week

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dee Dee said:

To all you track watchers out there: 

Any thoughts on Harrison Petty?     Apparently well respected junior: how does he look? How’s he training?

My rating of the new guys

Baker   natural footballer, just needs the engine

Spargo    fast, great kick and a tough little bugger

Fritsch    would not surprise to debut early but has a lot on competition, reads the ball beautifully 

Petty   amazing vertical leap, built like a stick at the moment, another who reads the ball well

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Correct Tyson was 4th, the competition for midfield spots is going to be fierce, Tyson is finally over knee issues and is another one who is fitter than ever, again his words

Sort a starting midfield out of those who are training with the midfield group during the presason

Jones, Tyson, Petracca, Oliver, Salem, Brayshaw, Harmes, Stretch, Maynard, Baker

Viney

And those that can rotate thru there

Lewis, Vince, Hogan, ANB, Bugg, Melksham, Hannan

Thank you sir.  Where has he been generally placed in the time trials in previous years?

Based on the names you mentioned, the 22 I'd expect;

- Jones, Tyson, Trac, Oliver, Salem and Brayshaw to be locks.

- 2 of Harmes, Stretch, Maynard, Baker and Viney.  Maynard - Yes.  Viney - Yes (if not injured).  Baker - NO.  Harmes/Stretch - Yes (if Viney injured).

- All of Lewis, Vince, Hogan, ANB, Bugg, Melksham and Hannan to play

- Hibberd, Jetta, Lever, OMc, TMc, Jeffy and Gawn

- Bugg could be replaced by Pedo if match-ups require it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

Thank you sir.  Where has he been generally placed in the time trials in previous years?

Based on the names you mentioned, the 22 I'd expect;

- Jones, Tyson, Trac, Oliver, Salem and Brayshaw to be locks.

- 2 of Harmes, Stretch, Maynard, Baker and Viney.  Maynard - Yes.  Viney - Yes (if not injured).  Baker - NO.  Harmes/Stretch - Yes (if Viney injured).

- All of Lewis, Vince, Hogan, ANB, Bugg, Melksham and Hannan to play

- Hibberd, Jetta, Lever, OMc, TMc, Jeffy and Gawn

- Bugg could be replaced by Pedo if match-ups require it 

very good line up but i expect pedo to be one of the first picked

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, forever demons said:

very good line up but i expect pedo to be one of the first picked

Very strong if 100% fit.  Still highlights our lack of depth though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Correct Tyson was 4th, the competition for midfield spots is going to be fierce, Tyson is finally over knee issues and is another one who is fitter than ever, again his words

Sort a starting midfield out of those who are training with the midfield group during the presason

Jones, Tyson, Petracca, Oliver, Salem, Brayshaw, Harmes, Stretch, Maynard, Baker

Viney

And those that can rotate thru there

Lewis, Vince, Hogan, ANB, Bugg, Melksham, Hannan

okay, i'll have a crack:

jones - starting centre square
tyson - starting centre square while viney is injured, otherwise probably the first rotation in there
petracca - half forward / first square rotation
oliver - starting centre square
salem - wing / first square rotation
brayshaw - second square rotation
harmes - wing / half forward
stretch - depth...wing / occasional square rotation
maynard - depth...third square rotation
baker - depth...wing
lewis - wing / defense / occasional square rotation
vince - wing / defense, and i personally wouldn't consider him a square rotation
hogan - forward with maybe an occasional burst on ball
anb - second square rotation
bugg - forward, occasional square rotation
melksham - forward, occasional square rotation
hannan - forward, occasional square rotation

and obviously once viney is fit and firing he's an auto start

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, forever demons said:

very good line up but i expect pedo to be one of the first picked

Pedo will not play round1,  as silly as it sounds he value to the team is as a sole ruckmen, he does not win many taps, but will out smart most ruckmen  around the ground, I think they will play weeds round 1, they will give him first crack, or they won't play either, hogan and T Mac are the 2 tall forwards, I know many love pedo, but he goes missing after every good game.

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, don't make me angry said:

Pedo will not play round1,  as silly as it sounds he value to the team is as a sole ruckmen, he does not win many taps, but will out smart most ruckmen  around the ground, I think they will play weeds round 1, they will give him first crack, or they won't play either, hogan and T Mac are the 2 tall forwards, I know many love pedo, but he goes missing after every good game.

long way to go til the season starts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

long way to go til the season starts

Yes but only injury will get him a game, he is the understudy, I don't see him fitting in, hogan pedo and T Mac is too many talls Goodwin's game plan is to play 2 tall forward, Bailey might play round 1, there are too many  ahead of pedo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Pedo will not play round1,  as silly as it sounds he value to the team is as a sole ruckmen, he does not win many taps, but will out smart most ruckmen  around the ground, I think they will play weeds round 1, they will give him first crack, or they won't play either, hogan and T Mac are the 2 tall forwards, I know many love pedo, but he goes missing after every good game.

weeds better get out of rehab quick then or he won't have a decent pre-season

at this stage no way he makes r1 team. probably needs another development season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to see Mitch King through the Preseason matches.  Saw him play live in the Casey Finals he is a big man that moves well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, i still see pedo as very much in our calculations for round 1, before a football has been kicked in anger

i fail to see how the likes of viney and weed would be ready in time

i also think we're likely to want to put pressure on a geelong backline missing lonergan and mackie; yes, taylor will switch back there, but no lonergan and mackie is still a big loss

it'll be interesting to see what they go with in terms of best 22 next year, particularly around their forward line - will crameri get a game, or will they go was hawkins as sole forward?

here's what fox sports said is their best 22:

B: Jed Bews, Lachie Henderson, Tom Stewart

HB: Jake Kolodjashnij, Harry Taylor, Zach Tuohy

C: Mark Blicavs, Gary Ablett, Mitch Duncan

HF: Cam Guthrie, Stewart Crameri, Sam Menegola

F: Dan Menzel, Tom Hawkins, Nakia Cockatoo

FOLL: Zac Smith, Patrick Dangerfield, Joel Selwood

I/C: Tim Kelly, Brandan Parfitt, Scott Selwood, James Parsons

EMG: Jordan Murdoch, Lincoln McCarthy, Rhys Stanley

based on that we might want to test them out as they're quite tall defensively but not so much in the forward half of the ground

Edited by DemonAndrew
added mackie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

okay, i'll have a crack:

jones - starting centre square
tyson - starting centre square while viney is injured, otherwise probably the first rotation in there
petracca - half forward / first square rotation
oliver - starting centre square
salem - wing / first square rotation
brayshaw - second square rotation
harmes - wing / half forward
stretch - depth...wing / occasional square rotation
maynard - depth...third square rotation
baker - depth...wing
lewis - wing / defense / occasional square rotation
vince - wing / defense, and i personally wouldn't consider him a square rotation
hogan - forward with maybe an occasional burst on ball
anb - second square rotation
bugg - forward, occasional square rotation
melksham - forward, occasional square rotation
hannan - forward, occasional square rotation

and obviously once viney is fit and firing he's an auto start

They are mixing it up at training, they have Salem and Harmes extracting with Oliver and Trac on the outside etc etc, think they are looking at having midfielders that can mix it up

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Pedo will not play round1,  as silly as it sounds he value to the team is as a sole ruckmen, he does not win many taps, but will out smart most ruckmen  around the ground, I think they will play weeds round 1, they will give him first crack, or they won't play either, hogan and T Mac are the 2 tall forwards, I know many love pedo, but he goes missing after every good game.

pedo is perfect rotation for hogan and tmac he is also quick and can play either end of the ground and can give max a chop out as well should be a good utility for goodwin to use

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Yes but only injury will get him a game, he is the understudy, I don't see him fitting in, hogan pedo and T Mac is too many talls Goodwin's game plan is to play 2 tall forward, Bailey might play round 1, there are too many  ahead of pedo.

they are behind him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

They are mixing it up at training, they have Salem and Harmes extracting with Oliver and Trac on the outside etc etc, think they are looking at having midfielders that can mix it up

salem i can definitely see rotation through, but harmes is a funny one - i love his effort on the outside, so just see him more there at this stage based upon historical perception more so than anything else

as you say, the more mids we have that can mix it up the better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, forever demons said:

pedo is perfect rotation for hogan and tmac he is also quick and can play either end of the ground and can give max a chop out as well should be a good utility for goodwin to use

Agree, think this is the role Pedo is chasing, on the bench as the rotating forward

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

salem i can definitely see rotation through, but harmes is a funny one - i love his effort on the outside, so just see him more there at this stage based upon historical perception more so than anything else

as you say, the more mids we have that can mix it up the better

Harmes is getting better and better, has the self belief after all the games last year, really fit and strong, loves the inside work

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

yeah, i still see pedo as very much in our calculations for round 1, before a football has been kicked in anger

i fail to see how the likes of viney and weed would be ready in time

i also think we're likely to want to put pressure on a geelong backline missing lonergan and mackie; yes, taylor will switch back there, but no lonergan and mackie is still a big loss

it'll be interesting to see what they go with in terms of best 22 next year, particularly around their forward line - will crameri get a game, or will they go was hawkins as sole forward?

here's what fox sports said is their best 22:

B: Jed Bews, Lachie Henderson, Tom Stewart

HB: Jake Kolodjashnij, Harry Taylor, Zach Tuohy

C: Mark Blicavs, Gary Ablett, Mitch Duncan

HF: Cam Guthrie, Stewart Crameri, Sam Menegola

F: Dan Menzel, Tom Hawkins, Nakia Cockatoo

FOLL: Zac Smith, Patrick Dangerfield, Joel Selwood

I/C: Tim Kelly, Brandan Parfitt, Scott Selwood, James Parsons

EMG: Jordan Murdoch, Lincoln McCarthy, Rhys Stanley

based on that we might want to test them out as they're quite tall defensively but not so much in the forward half of the ground

I have no idea why, but all things equal, I'm confident against that team.

What an idiot I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Harmes is getting better and better, has the self belief after all the games last year, really fit and strong, loves the inside work

you watch a lot of training,someone posted awhile back fritsch is like bob flower any thoughts on that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you see him as best 22 for us at this stage saty? i see him really as part of that next rotation of players that will be in a ding-dong battle to make a spot on the bench, along with hannan, anb, brayshaw, stretch, bugg, and hopefully some emerging players like fritsch and spargo too

have you ever nominated what you'd like to see as our starting 22 at this (super early) stage of the season?

mine:

B: Jetta - O Mac - Vince
HB: Hunt - Lever - Hibberd
C: Salem - Jones - Lewis
HF: Petracca - Hogan - Melksham
F: Pedersen - T Mac - Garlett
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I/c: Harmes - Frost - Hannan - ANB
Emerg: Brayshaw - Stretch - Bugg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

do you see him as best 22 for us at this stage saty? i see him really as part of that next rotation of players that will be in a ding-dong battle to make a spot on the bench, along with hannan, anb, brayshaw, stretch, bugg, and hopefully some emerging players like fritsch and spargo too

have you ever nominated what you'd like to see as our starting 22 at this (super early) stage of the season?

mine:

B: Jetta - O Mac - Vince
HB: Hunt - Lever - Hibberd
C: Salem - Jones - Lewis
HF: Petracca - Hogan - Melksham
F: Pedersen - T Mac - Garlett
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I/c: Harmes - Frost - Hannan - ANB
Emerg: Brayshaw - Stretch - Bugg

great to see a team without the pea heart named as an auto selection hope hes enjoying another state

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×