1 hour ago, small but forward said:

I’ll be celebrating the girls’ premiership and will completely miss the whole thing

Isn't the AFLW grand final during round 1 of the men's season proper? Might be an early celebration there!

Jack Viney to play in the JLT.

And to show that he’s still playing at the level he was playing at pre-injury last year, and  for him to come through both games completely unscathed and ready to dominate in round 1 v the Cats.

And no other injuries. To anyone. At all.

I still have NFI what a JLT even is, nor do I care. 

Bet it doesn't taste as good as a BLT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, demonstone said:

I still have NFI what a JLT even is, nor do I care. 

Bet it doesn't taste as good as a BLT.

It’s the Spanish version of a BLT, Jamon Lettuce and Tomato. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Actually Jamon, Lechuga y Tomate

It still works nice one Ethan

15 minutes ago, leucopogon said:

Actually Jamon, Lechuga y Tomate

It still works nice one Ethan

Tomate Tomata

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:50 PM, faultydet said:

I'd like to see some positives come out of the JLT personally.

:D

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Beating North Melbourne in JLT 1 would be an unprecedented experiment.

Well at least its been moved from Blundstone Arena to eliminate the home ground advantage .

Now its at Kingston Twin Ovals in Hobart on Feb 24 at 2.05. and we've 2 grounds to confuse Brad Scott or ourselves at the same time !

Don't think we,ll miss the old 4 or 9 this time 

Exclusively broadcast on Fox Footy and the AFL Live App.

12 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Prefer Jalapeño Lettuce and Tomato myself. 

Personally, I'm a little of column A, column B and C.  Would like to see a few of the current outsiders played key roles, step up and push a case to be picked round one, any guns comming back from serious injury put in cotton wool and the rest of the side played more or less in position.  A few of Weiderman, Bugg, Maynard and possibly Harmes, Trac or Brayshaw are the sorts I think of as  potentially stepping up into key roles and Stretch, Kent and JKH as fighting tooth and nail for a Rd 1 spot in their more established roles/positions.  I don't think you can throw the magnets around too much that close to Rd 1 and then expect the team to click and play with good chemistry for the opening of the season proper.

Thus I expect to see a few that are on the cusp of bigger roles in the senior team given some bigger trial runs in that position, some of the developing players given a small taste with limited game time, our B grade and fringe players putting in the bulk of game time and scrapping out their case for a Rd one selection.  Sounds boring, but it's really the development in this later group of players that I think will make or break our season anyway.

Under Paul Roos, Sydney were natiorous for playing preseason sides lacking many of their best 22, but turning up primed to play the season proper.  I'm not sure if we are there yet, but I'd like to think that' where we are heading and that as others are mentioned I'd like to see a sustained full seasons output from guys like Viney, Oliver, Jones, Lewis, Vince, Hibbard, T Mac and Lever.  I don't really think guys of this sort of quality and experience need a heap of game time to step up and be primed for Rd 1.  The only exception of sorts would be that it would be good for Lever to play around his new team mates so they understand how each other plays a little better.

• Like 1