• Latest Podcast: Hawthorn

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Lever's a good intercept marking 3rd defender that doesn't play on the number 1 gun forward if I recall at Adelaide. He'll hopefully be a great acquisition for our defence.

Now who take Hawkins in round 1? He slaughterd both McDonalds in our last meeting and I can't recall Frost ever winning a duel against a premium A Grade forward?

Frost probably gets first crack at Hawkind (and he have Tex a bath last year in Adelaide).

I think the perception of Lever being only an intercept defender who doesn’t take the no 1 tall is a bit unfair.  We need to remember how young he is.  How many KPDs take the no 1 opposition tall in their first and second years???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doc roet said:

With no response from the beast to date, one can only assume it has gone to ground in respect 

of the conclusive evidence, and exposure, as revealed by members of this forum, of the debauchery that occurs 

in and around Romsey with the Manor being the central hub and gathering place of all the 2 headed,

wine swilling igor types, but have no doubt , it will be planning some sort of revenge attack on those who 

seek to expose the true nature of all happenings in and around the area.

You have reason to be afraid.

Doc you sound messed up. Romsey will do that to you.

Bitters is currently doing his best to avoid Biffen in SE Asia, a long way from Romsey. 

Jake Lever will be pleased to know that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Be afraid. Be very afraid. 

Where you goin’, city boy? 

5 hours ago, doc roet said:

With no response from the beast to date, one can only assume it has gone to ground in respect 

of the conclusive evidence, and exposure, as revealed by members of this forum, of the debauchery that occurs 

in and around Romsey with the Manor being the central hub and gathering place of all the 2 headed,

wine swilling igor types, but have no doubt , it will be planning some sort of revenge attack on those who 

seek to expose the true nature of all happenings in and around the area.

You have reason to be afraid.

257A0A50-1057-4BF9-BF34-FABC1F7DC825.gif

14 hours ago, doc roet said:

of all the 2 headed,wine swilling igor types

Those congregating at the manor are more your Riff Raff and Franken Furter from Rocky Horror types.

15 hours ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Frost probably gets first crack at Hawkind

image.jpeg.9c1f45225cbf9adb4de9ceaaa7b07137.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, binman said:

image.jpeg.9c1f45225cbf9adb4de9ceaaa7b07137.jpeg

Had to google it, but well played!

On 27/01/2018 at 6:29 PM, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Frost probably gets first crack at Hawkind (and he have Tex a bath last year in Adelaide).

I think the perception of Lever being only an intercept defender who doesn’t take the no 1 tall is a bit unfair.  We need to remember how young he is.  How many KPDs take the no 1 opposition tall in their first and second years???

The defence is based on a zone with rotations, which means, at times, smalls play on talls.

So, the game plan where monster defender playing on big forward are not in vogue. 

Versatility is key. Jetta can play on talls and Lever on smalls. Clearly mismatches occur which is where the zone hopefully enables the other defenders to help in the contest, then run the ball out with speed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Melb-A-Toast said:

The defence is based on a zone with rotations, which means, at times, smalls play on talls.

So, the game plan where monster defender playing on big forward are not in vogue. 

Versatility is key. Jetta can play on talls and Lever on smalls. Clearly mismatches occur which is where the zone hopefully enables the other defenders to help in the contest, then run the ball out with speed.

I’m not sure Hawkins ever leaves the one zone though- he plants himself front and centre.

On 1/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

You're right, I forget Frost got the better of Tex in that great win last year.

He was in a rich vein of form mid season, before he fell off the cliff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Melb-A-Toast said:

Glass half full.

He will give his all, as always, but last year when we got caught out with the zone-style defence so that Jetta ended up as the sole defender on a tall forward,  it wasn't usually a success. 

• Like 1

Fact is in 2017 we were:

18th in defensive one on ones

18th in opposition scoring from 50m entries.

We were also monstered by guys like Brown, Hawkins, Daniher etc.

Our defence is very vulnerable.

The club knows this and Lever is clearly there to help us improve on this. There will be a multitude of strategies to deal with improving our defence including improving individual performances.

Hibberd and jetta are not infallible but are AA quality. So is Lever.

Frost and OMAC are the clear weak links that oppositions try to exploit. How the coaching staff manage/improve these two will go a long way to to ensuring our game style is fit for finals. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Glass half full.

He will give his all, as always, but last year when we got caught out with the zone-style defence so that Jetta ended up as the sole defender on a tall forward,  it wasn't usually a success. 

Agree, but that is the defensive plan from my reading of the game.  So either they need to change the plan, or continue to get hybrid defenders

3 hours ago, Melb-A-Toast said:

Agree, but that is the defensive plan from my reading of the game.  So either they need to change the plan, or continue to get hybrid defenders

They don't have to change the plan if the coaches decide the net result of an occasional mismatch is worth the cost. In other words, if the zone defence is overall a better strategy than the alternative, then it's a cost we have to live with.

48 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

They don't have to change the plan if the coaches decide the net result of an occasional mismatch is worth the cost. In other words, if the zone defence is overall a better strategy than the alternative, then it's a cost we have to live with.

We're being monstered? So monster them back. I think we also have to take into account the forward line as a defensive measure, we now have TMac & Hogan forward with Pedo or Gawn popping up fwd. And all of them can drop back into defence. We should monster a few (most) teams and out-shoot (net benefit) whatever defensive weaknesses we have that are being exploited. Judging by last year, Goodie has this mindset, but didnt have the cattle.

Edited by Doodle Dee
  • Like 2

He is flabby and white-the major reason for Richmonds victory-He has no excuse for complacency.Trim down and perform.

35 minutes ago, Biffen said:

He is flabby and white-the major reason for Richmonds victory-He has no excuse for complacency.Trim down and perform.

? You go off topic a lot don't you?

23 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

? You go off topic a lot don't you?

He was being sarcastic. He's referring to Lever

5 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

He was being sarcastic. He's referring to Lever

Biffen is the master of sarcasm, and often goes in different directions, 

On 30/01/2018 at 4:48 AM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

How can you tell? I'm never sure if he's off-topic or obtuse or whether it's just me.

You are  as correct as you will ever be.

Geeze and I thought everyone was just referring to Oscar again !

8 hours ago, puntkick said:

Geeze and I thought everyone was just referring to Oscar again !

Is that the Oscar with the turning circle of the Queen Mary, or the Oscar that gives his opposition four yards and hopes they fumble?