grazman

An interesting listen of an outsider's perspective of our list

4 hours ago, daisycutter said:

d-l is ah-ha on 'ology

Was his move there inspired by Range Rover’s boycott of ‘land?

13 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Was his move there inspired by Range Rover’s boycott of ‘land?

I believe he was given the arse Col.

Sad really. I used to enjoy his maniacal posts.

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I believe he was given the arse Col.

Sad really. I used to enjoy his maniacal posts.

They were kind of like ‘A Beautiful Mind’ minus the chalkboard but with a greater emphasis on manly handshakes, the Northern stands, social clubs and multicolored and uncountable varieties of different font types.

2 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

They were kind of like ‘A Beautiful Mind’ minus the chalkboard but with a greater emphasis on manly handshakes, the Northern stands, social clubs and multicolored and uncountable varieties of different font types.

Yes Col, the immoderators on this site have much to answer for.

Such beauty, such eloquent prose, such insight - a postmodernist genius destroyed at a stroke.

[censored] vandals!

I'll add a PS here. No doubt you are familiar with Seldon's commentary on Roland Barthes. I think it applies equally to ' luded.

" The virtuous writer recognises the artifice of all writing and proceeds to make play with it. .... Avant garde writers ( such as 'luded) allow the unconscious of language to rise to the surface ... (they) undermine the censorship of the signified and its repressive insistence on one meaning."

I'm sure you will agree on this fine point Col.

Edited by Bitter but optimistic
  • Like 2

I would like a quid from us diehards for which game from 2017 our best 22 will be viewing prior to our first fair dinkum game......

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Such beauty, such eloquent prose, such insight - a postmodernist genius destroyed at a stroke.

[censored] vandals!

Luke 4:24 in the New Testament holds more weight than most would ascribe to it, Uncle Bitter.

11 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

You can't destroy something which only ever existed as a societal construct in the first place. 'Luded was just told to Foucaulf.

15 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

[censored] vandals!

I'll add a PS here. No doubt you are familiar with Seldon's commentary on Roland Barthes. I think it applies equally to ' luded.

" The virtuous writer recognises the artifice of all writing and proceeds to make play with it. .... Avant garde writers ( such as 'luded) allow the unconscious of language to rise to the surface ... (they) undermine the censorship of the signified and its repressive insistence on one meaning."

i just love it that roland was a semiotician. such a wonderful word........very 'woody'

Semiotics is the study of meaning-making, the study of sign process and meaningful communication. It is not to be confused with the Saussurean tradition called semiology which is a subset of semiotics.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Luke 4:24 in the New Testament holds more weight than most would ascribe to it, Uncle Bitter.

Sagaciously put Col. 

22 hours ago, Skuit said:

You can't destroy something which only ever existed as a societal construct in the first place. 'Luded was just told to Foucaulf.

You dare to compare the great man to a mere artifact, "a societal construct" ? You deserve a jolly good thrashing Skuit.

19 hours ago, daisycutter said:

i just love it that roland was a semiotician. such a wonderful word........very 'woody'

I'm sure the many blue rinsers of your  err .....acquaintance will be pleased to learn of your woody reaction dc.

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

You dare to compare the great man to a mere artifact, "a societal construct" ? You deserve a jolly good thrashing Skuit.

From what I understand Michel Foucault was quite partial to the administration and reception of, as you so eloquently put it, a jolly good flogging.

• Haha 1

Shhhhh......keep the lid on it....