• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Marco

Preseason Training Week commencing - 8/01/18

41 minutes ago, faultydet said:

In what way Sat?

Please explain

When they do the full length drills and stoppages, he is featuring more as the receiver to do the kicking or handballing, his kicking, instead of handballing,  is getting bettet and better, obvioysly this was a knock on him last year by the 'pundits'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Robot Devil said:

Anyone know where Lever finished in the 2k time trial?

Curious to know where his general fitness level is compared to the rest of the team. 

Between 8 and 15 I would say, finish was crowded

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

When they do the full length drills and stoppages, he is featuring more as the receiver to do the kicking or handballing, his kicking, instead of handballing,  is getting bettet and better, obvioysly this was a knock on him last year by the 'pundits'

Thanks.

interesting. A Clarrie able to play outside, in addition to his elite inside work. Would win our next 5 B&F's

• Like 3

Thanks for the photos Tim. They are fantastic. 

Frost is looking like Arnie in T2

superb!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The Optimus Prime thing is starting to make more sense.

Check this thread if you're in need of an Optimus primer:

Edited by Skuit
  • Like 1

Great pics Tacky (and Tacky jnr). Much appreciated. I think you should move to Melbourne and attend training regularly ;)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hardtack said:

I think that’s Tim Smith.

He has trimmed right down. Seems to be the trend for the older players

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hardtack said:

As Frustrated Demon said, it’s the body language. For example, there was one exercise he was doing with Peteacca and Jones starting in the centre where in this case Kent would kick to Petracca, keep running then take the handball from Petracca and kick to Jones, keep running and receive the handball from Jones and then kick a goal... while Jones and Petracca run as hard as they could, when it was his turn, Kent barely got above a jogging pace.  He just seemed to be going through the motions.

That disturbs me, as I have been a fan of Kent in the couple of years he has been around. Onfield, I saw great similarities between Kent and Hassa Mann, particularly on the flanks. I'd hope that Dean can improve this observed aspect to become as competitive as possible. We could do with another 'Hassa'. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DeezNuts said:

Wow, the frost gigas looks like a beast!

That man Frosty is looking totally awesome ... he has pace, muscle and no-one would like to run into him! Very exciting for the new season. I'd reckon that Frosty might make a good fullback given a bit of confidence. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Onfield, I saw great similarities between Kent and Hassa Mann,

They're nothing alike 'Deemania'...

Mann was a brilliant player, elusive and could kick well off both feet.

Kent is a one dimensional, purely one sided unreliable left footer.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, rjay said:

Kent is a one dimensional, purely one sided unreliable left footer.

Part apart from that is a gun......

15 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

That man Frosty is looking totally awesome ... he has pace, muscle and no-one would like to run into him! Very exciting for the new season. I'd reckon that Frosty might make a good fullback given a bit of confidence. 

If he can keep his consistentency up he will be a first 22 player every week. He played some really good games last year but dropped off. He has the same physical attributes that’s for sure, mental attributes  are yet to be seen all of the time.

19 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Geelong plan to use Dangerfield up forward more this year.  As crazy as it sounds, Frost may be the logical match-up as he has the pace and strength to go with him.

• Like 1

So who is officially still in the rehab group? 

14 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Geelong plan to use Dangerfield up forward more this year.  As crazy as it sounds, Frost may be the logical match-up as he has the pace and strength to go with him.

My first thought was to give Jetta first crack as I think he can match him both in the air and when the ball hits the deck, but I see the merit of Frost as well. 

13 minutes ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

I'd thought of that, so thanks for the reminder...I like his height from the ground when he goes in for a clearing punch from behind but he can also do this from either side of a forward. Pace to burn, body mass improving all the time, elevation, spring, reads to play well, intrepid by nature, close-checking, good kick. Got most of what is needed and certainly, better than OMac.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Got most of what is needed and certainly, better than OMac.

Yeah right.

Which is why, with finals on the line the paid professionals had Frost plaiyng at Casey at the end of the season and Tmac's younger brother in the ones. I mean what would would the coaching staff know. 

• Thanks 1