• Demonland Interviews

Satan

Remembering Troy Broadbridge

I tip one in his honour while watching day one of the Boxing Day Test. Was a Fat Yak today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satan said:

RIP 13 years gone

A tremendous loss for us all. He was a very rapidly developing player with some silky natural skills when, in his moment of glory, was taken. I hope the club can make some appropriate statement on his memory and behalf; he was certainly an impressive young man who happened to also be a very talented footballer. RIP

• Like 4

Gee can’t believe it was 13 years. Still remember that feeling when he was reported missing. Just thought he would show up as he would have survived as he was fit etc. just proves we are not bullet proof and life can be taken in a blink of an eye. Really puts life into perspective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still cannot watch the movie that was made about that Tsunami. 

I have been to many of those places :(

i still get sad 13 years later...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Still cannot watch the movie that was made about that Tsunami. 

I have been to many of those places :(

i still get sad 13 years later...

Will be back in Phuket with the brother in early April.

Will probably make the trip to Phi Phi to visit the resting place, as we did last time we were there. Hoping the site is better cared for than it was back then.

R.I.P Troy. Although the comments get fewer each year, you are still remembered, even if some of us don't say anything.

I hope Troys family are ok at this time, and remember the good times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

Amen to that faultydet, I can't believe that 13 years have passed since the shock and horror of that Tsunami, we had a good one in Troy. A real tragedy for all of us MFC supporters, his friends and family. Our hearts go out to them.

• Like 2

As Deemania said above, Troy was a quickly developing player who at the time I thought would definitely make it. Still clearly remember the memorial match at the G. Teams united and the game played accordingly. Just the way Troy would have wanted it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, maximum bob said:

As Deemania said above, Troy was a quickly developing player who at the time I thought would definitely make it. Still clearly remember the memorial match at the G. Teams united and the game played accordingly. Just the way Troy would have wanted it.

I was at that match too. It was very moving.

• Like 1

In my minds eye I see his face so clearly and I think that demonland remembering him each year has a lot to do with that. I think it's terrific and congratulate those that post this yearly tribute.

• Like 2

Agreed. I remember watching him play at the G in 2004 vs Port Adelaide. Beautiful sunny afternoon, the boys in bay 13 in full voice. Neita kicked 6, we won by 9 goals. Fond memories. Sadly missed. 

Edited by small but forward
  • Sad 1