Jump to content

Steno

Melbourne player investigated over alleged assault whilst overseas

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, praha said:

how much more serious can you get on the sexual assault scale than...sexual assault?

Well, to quote the noted jurisprudence expert Matt Damon, a pat on the behind is not as bad as rape.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the victims sort clarification from Victoria Police if there was anything that could be done in Australia and was advised no. Hence why no statements etc were taken. 

 

I dont think it happens here much her much but it seems in the US the star sports player never go down criminally but always go down when sued by the victim. 

 

Maybe it’s the different onus of proof. Unless the victim was to sue the player then it doesn’t appear this will see the light of day (the allegations). 

 

Does that happen much in Australia, as I can’t recall any major cases?? 

Edited by Wolfgang219

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked replies. Congrats on close to the most garbled post I've ever read on this site Wolfgang. (And tx for trying to summarise my observations). Now [censored] off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like whack-a-mole with you lot sometimes. Delete one post as another three appear.

  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, maximum bob said:

Just checked replies. Congrats on close to the most garbled post I've ever read on this site Wolfgang. (And tx for trying to summarise my observations). Now [censored] off.

No problem, maybe you should get over yourself. 

 

Nothing will happen as it was in Indonesia  but the lack of a guilty verdict in court (which you seem to imply is required) doesn’t mean an incident didn’t happen. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maximum bob said:

Couple of points. (some already noted).

There was an incident in Indonesia according to the claimant and now acknowledged by the MFC. So far unsubstantiated in law and fact. This is the salient point. The media might be all over it but it doesn't matter a whit.

It occurred outside any jurisdictional aegis of any Australian authority. Tell the Victorian police all you want, true or not. It doesn't matter. The claimant can pursue absolutely nothing unless a complaint is lodged with the Indonesian police. Evidence will be required, hard evidence and believe me the Indonesians are used to dealing with this particularly in Bali.

It's a serious allegation and not what we need on our (for me brief )holiday break.

I will welcome due process but hanging anyone out to dry at this stage is  way off the mark.

 

 

Did you work for Harvey Weinstein’s PR or Legal team?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, praha said:

Argh....I immediately think "this club is cursed" but then I'm reminded someone may have been assaulted sexually and the football is secondary.

I just can't fathom how anyone could assault a woman against her will. It's so foreign to me, the idea that would force yourself on someone. I'll admit I've made [censored] advances on women in the past and made them visibly uncomfortable, I'm sure we all have, but once I've realised I've always backed off.

Problem for this woman is that it's a legal matter for Indonesian police. There's little Vic police could do except refer it to the department in that jurisdiction.

Have you been raped before? I'm sure that if you'v been treated that way by a person in power, you'll do everything you can to ruin them. The girl has to know that this havng happened in bali means the player will almost certainly never face the law.

At the risk of sounding like a lawyer, this is at the moment an allegation, not a fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People should really wait until the full facts are made public. In th e meantime 2017 - like he last ten years - just keeps on producing wonders for the club.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nasher said:

It's like whack-a-mole with you lot sometimes. Delete one post as another three appear.

Whack-a-mole, on this thread???

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky news headline uses the word rape. Sounds bad...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most common word in the English language these days, particularly in the news, is the word '"alleged".

Another media bonanza.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty hard to keep a lid on these things. You could try but the point is probably moot.

Edited by Chook in Perth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing will be revealed on this thread, you all know that for a fact. Forget about this issue until something of substance is revealed by the club or by whichever appropriate authority may be involved in an investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a rubbish last couple of months from the MFC. One deplorable PR nightmare after another.

Edited by SaberFang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry but this situation is totally pathetic for the MFC and the girl if true. Sounds like too much pizz one night in bali.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Emerald said:

Might end up a prison camp.

Can the AFLPA issue an injunction for the incarcerated to avoid breaking rocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, maximum bob said:

Couple of points. (some already noted).

There was an incident in Indonesia according to the claimant and now acknowledged by the MFC. So far unsubstantiated in law and fact. This is the salient point. The media might be all over it but it doesn't matter a whit.

It occurred outside any jurisdictional aegis of any Australian authority. Tell the Victorian police all you want, true or not. It doesn't matter. The claimant can pursue absolutely nothing unless a complaint is lodged with the Indonesian police. Evidence will be required, hard evidence and believe me the Indonesians are used to dealing with this particularly in Bali.

It's a serious allegation and not what we need on our (for me brief )holiday break.

I will welcome due process but hanging anyone out to dry at this stage is  way off the mark.

 

 

The Indonesian police will not be taking any further action.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we managed to get into the finals this crap would perhaps never have happened. Damned the luck.

Edited by america de cali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×