• Latest Podcast: Bulldogs

Demonland

Behold your 2018 Midfield

That's our future right there!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Regardless of where they play I'm expecting big things from Petracca and Salem.

Interestingly so is Salem, he is finally free all injuries/ailments etc and did a heap of extra work, wants to show what he can do, hasn't missed a beat up to now, his running has gone to another level

• Like 16

no lewis or vince in that group? would've thought they'd both be part of the 'rotation' as it stands...

any other obvious candidates missing? is that tyson in the middle? hard to tell

36 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Interestingly so is Salem, he is finally free all injuries/ailments etc and did a heap of extra work, wants to show what he can do, hasn't missed a beat up to now, his running has gone to another level

Glad to hear of some self confidence from him.

He has most of the tools, and at least one elite trait. Only needed the continuity of games, and no niggles.

Im tipping he might be the midfield link man we have been craving. Only wish is that he could find a tad more speed.

@DemonAndrew It's been reported that Lewis will play in defence this season, hence his absence from the pic.

Edited by faultydet
  • Like 2

Most forget Salem started 2017 very well before injury, and like others, he never really got going after that.

If he stays injury free, he will be one of our big movers this year.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

any other obvious candidates missing? is that tyson in the middle? hard to tell

Click on the image and ya get the names. Yeah,, Dom in the middle.

A couple of observations:
1. I think he's a bit out of the best 22 and I'd like to see him train with the forwards or backs in the future to open up other roles (it doesn't much matter especially at this time of the year) but it really seems like Corey Maynard is a classic glue guy. He's someone both the older and younger players seemed to have warmed to and the coaches rave about how he goes about it.

2. You have to run and kick footies in preseason but I like variety in training and off field bonding as well. Some of it is junk but it's a long preseason and this kind of stuff matters. Jones and Viney in the midfield with a bunch of talent is nice to see, but it's also good to know Lever and Lewis give the backline group some fresh perspective both on and off the field and Tommy Mc is something new for the forwards. Tennis sounds a little bland for the forwards and a little soft for the defenders so hopefully those guys make a weekend get away for us to all obsess over as well! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Forest Demon said:

Most forget Salem started 2017 very well before injury, and like others, he never really got going after that.

If he stays injury free, he will be one of our big movers this year.

More worried about his thyroid condition than any possible injuries.

Billy Stretch looks to have muscled up a bit unless he is flexing for the shot!

On 12/10/2017 at 11:04 AM, Demonland said:

GREAT LOT OF HEADS

7 hours ago, The Chazz said:

Brayshaw's head has surely been photoshopped on, right?

I'll say! It looks really creepy 

7 hours ago, Jock Strap said:

Can’t see ANB ... 

He'd be with the forwards wouldn't he?

Has good game sense for a forward.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:24 PM, Satyriconhome said:

I've loved Salem from his first game, he oozes class and not just in his kicking skills. I think given a free run he will be one of our most important and impactful players. Hopefully he gets the midfield minutes this year as I think he will be a great addition to our rotations and provide depth of class through there when Oliver and Viney need a rest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've loved Salem from his first game, he oozes class and not just in his kicking skills. I think given a free run he will be one of our most important and impactful players. Hopefully he gets the midfield minutes this year as I think he will be a great addition to our rotations and provide depth of class through there when Oliver and Viney need a rest.

salem has the capacity to be a super player

he's got to now get the football under his belt to become that damaging user of the ball who also contributes defensively

he hustles and bustles like luke parker when he's up and about

• Like 1

There’s aspects of Salem’s game (silk, ability to extract the pill, movement) that reminds me of Adem Yze. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulRB said:

There’s aspects of Salem’s game (silk, ability to extract the pill, movement) that reminds me of Adem Yze. 

Yep except he has an added hardness to his game that gives him an edge. Yze obviously had better goal sense though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Salo can get consistent 20+ disposals, he'll be an A+ grader. Beautiful kick, good game sense and not shy of the contest. Has all the tools. I hope his body gives him a chance.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2017 at 8:09 PM, Jock Strap said:

Can’t see ANB ... 

ANB was a big improver last year and suspect he will tear it apart in 2018. He will attract a less opposition which will be at their cost. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 4:16 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yep except he has an added hardness to his game that gives him an edge. Yze obviously had better goal sense though.

Have no doubt the Lebanese stallion will be all class! Best ball user and has composure when under the pump.