Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Sydney



Whispering_Jack

The Ox and Marko sacked by SEN

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, martin said:

Fine 13 years to late. Ultimate narcissist. Craig Hutchinson has gone up in my estimation.Won't be difficult for Heverin to have a more mature response to those who dare to disagree when compared to his infantile predecessor. 

Have a bland response...no real personality with young Jack but he is one of Hutchies boys.

I found Finey very entertaining and next to Bartlett the best thing on SEN, but each to there own.

Fine's gone and I reckon Bartlett is in the waiting room & on his way out. Turf has probably saved him for the time being.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finey lost the plot somewhere along the way IMHO. I used to quite like him, but stopped listening to him a couple of years ago. He became way too belligerent, opiniated and aggressive/disrespectful to callers who dared to disagree with him.

Have a bex and a lie down Finey, and enjoy spending more time with you family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bingers said:

Finey lost the plot somewhere along the way IMHO. I used to quite like him, but stopped listening to him a couple of years ago. He became way too belligerent, opiniated and aggressive/disrespectful to callers who dared to disagree with him.

Have a bex and a lie down Finey, and enjoy spending more time with you family. 

Spot on. New his stuff, although biased,but rambled incessantly. Interview technique was appalling. Sure, don't want bland,but almost anything would be an improvement. Fine mastered the art of 'talk to' rather than 'talk back' radio.Demeaned the caller and listener.Incredibly self indulgent.Would be very surprised if any other network would pick him up. Then again, Campbell Brown gets a gig at 7!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped listening to Finey when he defended Essendon and couldn’t see the difference between what they did and a player taking a pain-killing injection at half time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now Rodney Hogg is gone....

The last one out with any personality please turn off the lights.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

So now Rodney Hogg is gone....

The last one out with any personality please turn off the lights.

Bet more NFL is broadcast. Hutchison loves it

Yawn City from me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rjay said:

So now Rodney Hogg is gone....

The last one out with any personality please turn off the lights.

they'll probably bring in shane "the human foghorn" mccinnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rjay said:

So now Rodney Hogg is gone....

The last one out with any personality please turn off the lights.

I actually like listening to Rodney. The replacements are probably all getting paid less. So far I have not heard a name I would listen to 3aw looks like getting more of my listening time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, old dee said:

I actually like listening to Rodney. The replacements are probably all getting paid less. So far I have not heard a name I would listen to 3aw looks like getting more of my listening time.

too many funeral company ads on 3AW ... we are obviously not their target audience OD .... stick to JJJ

Actually I have gravitated to Smooth FM... not too many ads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so far it's hard to tell if these sackings are all part of a master plan or just dear leader going through a stalinist purge of everyone he doesn't like

it could be that he has pretensions to up market acceptability (in the sports arena????), and any presenter with a whiff of bogan, meathead or numbskull about them, or someone who might not pass muster in camberwell village, is being shown the door.

why then would hillier go? why would maher stay? why would those two knuckleheads in the morning stay?

they're sacrificing a lot of SPORTS knowledge for .... what exactly? the mellifluous tones of mr "i have unshakeable principles unless slobbo is around to shout me down" whately?

ultimately it's all about ratings and ad revenue, so time will tell. but so far this brave new SEN seems to be all over the shop.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Bet more NFL is broadcast. Hutchison loves it

Yawn City from me

I went to an NFL game a few years ago. 11 minutes of actual play during a 3.5 hour game.  11 minutes. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I went to an NFL game a few years ago. 11 minutes of actual play during a 3.5 hour game.  11 minutes. 

 

More action fighting for a spot at the urinal.

NFL is bog ordinary. Would not cross the road to watch it. Staggering egos and pay-cheques, and full of politics. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I went to an NFL game a few years ago. 11 minutes of actual play during a 3.5 hour game.  11 minutes. 

 

I went to an ice hockey game.

Fair dinkum, the yanks would watch tiddlywinks if it was in a huge stadium with flashing lights, ear splitting music, popcorn, kiss cam, remote control blimps, G-rated strippers cheerleaders, and various other mind numbing distractions for tiny minds.

I'm surprised they were able to concentrate for 11 entire minutes. No wonder they hate cricket.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I went to an NFL game a few years ago. 11 minutes of actual play during a 3.5 hour game.  11 minutes. 

 

How much did it cost you all up?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

How much did it cost you all up?

Standard prices are $200 - $500 for the tickets and $150 to $300 for the psychiatrist afterwards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

How much did it cost you all up?

From memory around $600 for two. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

 

why then would hillier go? why would maher stay? why would those two knuckleheads in the morning 

G Lyon has the worst voice for morning radio. Absolutely no projection, which is the first principle taught to anyone who went to a Radio School. 

Kevin Hillier has been booted as well??

outrageous, the guy is an old school professional. 

He did breakfast radio with The D Generation in the early 90’s

Halcyon days!!

Edited by Sir Why You Little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Standard prices are $200 - $500 for the tickets and $150 to $300 for the psychiatrist afterwards

$400 of junk foods?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

G Lyon has the worst voice for morning radio. Absolutely no projection, which is the first principle taught to anyone who went to a Radio School.

Unfortunately Radio School as a prerequisite for radio announcing went out just as DVD players, Blackberry phones, disposable cameras and other primitive devices once used by ancient civilisations were coming in.

Now any numbnut can spout off any way they like. Adam Cooney the latest egregious example of someone who can barely be understood, but ... he's talking about AFL, can that be wrong???

 

PS surely you remember Hillier from 3XY days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Unfortunately Radio School as a prerequisite for radio announcing went out just as DVD players, Blackberry phones, disposable cameras and other primitive devices once used by ancient civilisations were coming in.

Now any numbnut can spout off any way they like. Adam Cooney the latest egregious example of someone who can barely be understood, but ... he's talking about AFL, can that be wrong???

 

PS surely you remember Hillier from 3XY days?

I remember 1420 3XY very well and yes Kevin was there, but this period was Kevin’s best work

https://youtu.be/7GBX-CwwcBk

Edited by Sir Why You Little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

too many funeral company ads on 3AW ... we are obviously not their target audience OD .... stick to JJJ

Actually I have gravitated to Smooth FM... not too many ads

Funny I have too DJ.

However I am probably a candidate for the funeral ads. Well my wife is for me I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

1422, actually.

Former callsigns 3XY (1935–1991)
Former frequencies 693 kHz AM (1992–2006)
1420 kHz AM (1935–1978)
1422 kHz AM (1978–1991)
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier in this thread we had a few headline gems. Today we have a new contender. Irrespective of your politics, this surely has to be accepted as a masterful piece of work:

DTy3EbaUQAA_W0D.jpg:large

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×