Jump to content

  • Demonland Interviews

Whispering_Jack

The Ox and Marko sacked by SEN

Recommended Posts

As [censored] as he is in the media, hutchy knows his business. One of the best businessmen going around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fair fall from grace for the OX.

From calling the 2008 grand final on channel 7 to being sacked from an afternoon radio program. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2018 at 11:16 PM, ProDee said:

One would have to be very Left to think labelling the ABC Left is "unfair".

While at Uni, I had a part time job in a department store selling menswear.  It was appropriate protocol back then to ask a 'gentleman', while measuring his inside leg as to "what side sir dresses on?"

I'm a leftie.  What a crock.  Media bias is in the eye of the beholder.  Shock jocks can make political editorial comment and sell it as general news.  Good save the ABC I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 6:34 PM, demondame said:

Well done Mazer

 

Agree, a terrific summary of the landscape.I really liked Leach but have barely bothered since. Like mazer i just can't see where any new listeners are going to come from. I'll probably give Wheatley  a go but i hardly ever listen to the radio between 9 and 12 which understand is his slot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/01/2018 at 6:56 PM, faultydet said:

The radio news is good. Have always liked it more than any other media.

But as a package, I would rejoice at the death of the ABC because of its enormous lefty bias in any show that has opinions on it.

It's the media arm of the ALP. Any channel that allows anti-Australian filth like yasmin to put its face forward deserves to have its funding withdrawn.

imo

 

Do you work on a particular show, or is it a more general job that you do? I'm surprised we didn't discuss it while on the turps in Philippines. Are the personalities there as big headed as we see on commercial media?

It is important to remember that a major part of their brief is to hold the government of the day accountable for their actions.  As it happens we have had to put up with the current mob for around 15 of the past 20 years being in power.  Is it any wonder that there may develop a perception that they are lefty when in fact they are doing their job.  

The real bias lies in the Fox News style of presentation which makes no effort to hide their leanings  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Was just reading Robbo has also been dumped by SEN.

Great news.

No surprise with Hutchy as the new boss...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

It is important to remember that a major part of their brief is to hold the government of the day accountable for their actions.  As it happens we have had to put up with the current mob for around 15 of the past 20 years being in power.  Is it any wonder that there may develop a perception that they are lefty when in fact they are doing their job.  

The real bias lies in the Fox News style of presentation which makes no effort to hide their leanings  

 

We really should move this to another thread, although Ive been trying to avoid the General board for a while now.

That said.

"Lefty" does not simply mean government.

Same Sex Marriage, The Gender Pay Gap myth, Mass Migration, including economic "Refugees", islamisation of the west are all pet topics that you will find in the ABC barrow. They have zero to do with keeping anyone honest, and everything to do with leftist ideals and opinion. That's why they are reviled by so many.

And you shouldn't mention Fox without giving an equal shoutout to CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO. Obama/Clinton cheerleaders one and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

We really should move this to another thread, although Ive been trying to avoid the General board for a while now.

That said.

"Lefty" does not simply mean government.

Same Sex Marriage, The Gender Pay Gap myth, Mass Migration, including economic "Refugees", islamisation of the west are all pet topics that you will find in the ABC barrow. They have zero to do with keeping anyone honest, and everything to do with leftist ideals and opinion. That's why they are reviled by so many.

And you shouldn't mention Fox without giving an equal shoutout to CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO. Obama/Clinton cheerleaders one and all.

(I agree, it is probably derailing so I will keep it brief and move back to footy related issues) most of those issues look worthy of support to me but it is not my job to convince you that they are worthy or not as this is a football fan forum devoted to the greatest b#$%dy football team in the world - GO DEES!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the boring, political tribalism to the loony general board please

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord knows I don't really want to immerse myself in this kind of discussion but I can't let this bit pass...

11 hours ago, faultydet said:

And you shouldn't mention Fox without giving an equal shoutout to CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO. Obama/Clinton cheerleaders one and all.

CNN & MSNBC are not so much biased or slanted in their coverage as stupid and unaware. They prefer bright shiny objects over actual reporting.

NYT cheerleaders? They have been running a vendetta against Clintons of all flavours for decades.

WaPo is the closest thing to fair and balanced of the lot of them.

 

"Equal shoutout"? This is known as "false equivalence". Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't excuse Fox for their execrable and antisocial coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to The Ox and Marko, I see The Rothfield family end up with an 11% ownership of the company controlling SEN.

Now who is replacing the Run Home Team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dee-Nee said:

Back to The Ox and Marko, I see The Rothfield family end up with an 11% ownership of the company controlling SEN.

Now who is replacing the Run Home Team?

I think you'll find they have always had ownership in Hutchys company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told earlier that Slobbo has been sacked by SEN.

I guess Hutchy realized that there would be a surplus of slovenly, unkempt bums should both of them stay on.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

I was told earlier that Slobbo has been sacked by SEN.

I guess Hutchy realized that there would be a surplus of slovenly, unkempt bums should both of them stay on.

 

Does this mean Rohan Connolly might also be in trouble?

On a more serious note, I would expect Hutchy will be trying to steal Caroline Wilson from 3AW. He already has a working relationship with her and for all his "blokiness" I suspect he recognises that attracting more female listeners would be a good strategy to grow ratings for SEN. Having some female presenters would enhance those prospects. And it has been reported elsewhere that SEN is expected to announce some more on-air signings in the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont you need to be able to speak well to be on radio?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Dont you need to be able to speak well to be on radio?

not for sports radio........but you do generally need boys' club connections 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unleash Hell said:

Dont you need to be able to speak well to be on radio?

Have you ever listened to anyone on FM Breakfast radio? Clearly not. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Mark Fine has gone...

I thought he was the only decent footy analyst they had and Finey's final siren was a classic.

Plus Sam McLure is in for the 6 to 7 slot.

It's getting very vanilla...

  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rjay said:

Now Mark Fine has gone...

I thought he was the only decent footy analyst they had and Finey's final siren was a classic.

Plus Sam McLure is in for the 6 to 7 slot.

It's getting very vanilla...

What?

finey was the only one who spoke his mind

Wow. That is pathetic

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rjay said:

Now Mark Fine has gone...

I thought he was the only decent footy analyst they had and Finey's final siren was a classic.

Plus Sam McLure is in for the 6 to 7 slot.

It's getting very vanilla...

I'm going to miss listening to Finey get abused and getting upset after the games

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Sam Mclure is so dull

he will read whatever is put in front of him

mcclure is a figjam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 9:01 PM, faultydet said:

We really should move this to another thread, although Ive been trying to avoid the General board for a while now.

That said.

"Lefty" does not simply mean government.

Same Sex Marriage, The Gender Pay Gap myth, Mass Migration, including economic "Refugees", islamisation of the west are all pet topics that you will find in the ABC barrow. They have zero to do with keeping anyone honest, and everything to do with leftist ideals and opinion. That's why they are reviled by so many.

And you shouldn't mention Fox without giving an equal shoutout to CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO. Obama/Clinton cheerleaders one and all.

The Dees are  a broad church indeed...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fine 13 years to late. Ultimate narcissist. Craig Hutchinson has gone up in my estimation.Won't be difficult for Heverin to have a more mature response to those who dare to disagree when compared to his infantile predecessor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×