Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Bulldogs



Whispering_Jack

The Ox and Marko sacked by SEN

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Whateley is heading SEN as morning host and chief sports caller.

Big get.

Really, have heard nothing about that. 

I wait with interest...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Maher is a k*ob.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Whateley is heading SEN as morning host and chief sports caller.

Big get.

Big get, yes. Money speaks. 

What a waste of talent. One of my faves. Was hoping he'd go to 7 and half of their knobbs get the flick, especially BT. Oh well...

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/gerard-whateley-leaves-abc-radio-to-host-sen-morning-show-20180101-h0c5za.html

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Big get, yes. Money speaks. 

What a waste of talent. One of my faves. Was hoping he'd go to 7 and half of their knobbs get the flick, especially BT. Oh well...

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/gerard-whateley-leaves-abc-radio-to-host-sen-morning-show-20180101-h0c5za.html

Well there you go. Good call Gorgoth

SEN just got serious. 

Still should have kept The Ox

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either SEN is going to change sufficiently, to start appealing to more than bogans (I count myself as one, considering the amount of time is spend listening to it) , or Whateley won’t last the year

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I read he has the 9am - 12 slot Monday to Friday. Did KB also get the boot? 

KB will be on from 12pm - 3pm with Dr Turf.

Sorry, from 3pm to 6pm.

Edited by Demon77
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Demon77 said:

KB will be on from 12pm - 3pm with Dr Turf.

Is it a full time gig for Dr Turf or just his normal cameo’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Is it a full time gig for Dr Turf or just his normal cameo’s?

They will fill the 3pm - 6pm time slot. 

It will be called " KB and the Doc".

I posted the wrong time slot earlier.

Edited by Demon77
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The challenge for SEN,apart from getting a few intelligent english speakers to listen in, will be to explain to Garry that he is no longer the smartest guy on the block.

Whateley will be ok with whoever comes along given he has managed to deal with Slobbo 360 for several seasons of TV.

I reckon that the cretin Turf has some money in the game ...the afternoon will be an unlistenable few hours of content free slagging off and bickering  and the end of KB

Edited by IRW
Speling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I though KB went alright by himself along with his regular guests. Don’t see a need for him to be paired off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garry Lyon is awful on radio. His voice is just not suited

the station is mad if they don’t hear this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite like Garry on radio. Tim too. I listen to the morning show every, errr, morning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, demondame said:

Either SEN is going to change sufficiently, to start appealing to more than bogans (I count myself as one, considering the amount of time is spend listening to it) , or Whateley won’t last the year

 

4 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I though KB went alright by himself along with his regular guests. Don’t see a need for him to be paired off.

Except the content free half hour KB did with  dr.idiot which was impenetrable garbage unless  you fancy horse torture and gambling.

you are correct about Whately....short term surely

Edited by IRW
Speling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it too  late for  Ox to replace the laughing hyena OKeefe on the ABC cricket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IRW said:

 

Except the content free half hour he did with  dr.idiot which was impenetrable garbage unless  you fancy horse torture and gambling

Ease up. Dr Turf has been a clever, successful and funny bastard since his days on 3RRR

A lot of the topics he raised with KB were very worthy of discussion

and no i am not gambler or horse lover of any note. 

The Jon Ralph hours were far worse

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr turf i like and a supporter.

I would give dr turf a lead role.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whateley is a huge get.

An old fashioned type of caller, but adjusted for the 21st century.

Clear intelligent commentary and does his homework.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Wonder if this means he calls on foxtel now?

And replace Deeeeeerwayne? One can only hope.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2017 at 2:34 PM, jnrmac said:

kvKT8lt.jpg

haha takes me back to when Lee Dixon scored an own goal over the keeper's head

"He's lobbed seaman from 30 yards!"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have often wondered about the economics of SEN especially outside the AFL season.

Talk back personality radio is a high price model by comparison to say Smooth FM where you just have one presenter to the whole of Australia who "pretends" to be in each city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Ease up. Dr Turf has been a clever, successful and funny bastard since his days on 3RRR

A lot of the topics he raised with KB were very worthy of discussion

and no i am not gambler or horse lover of any note. 

The Jon Ralph hours were far worse

The Coudabeens were funny and genuinely irreverent on RRR as well....doesnt mean they are not bat sheet boring now.

If Turf  can revisit the 70s/80s before he got rich and he and KB can actually let each other finish a sentence ..........? 

We will see.-Dont hold your breath .

He might try because surely he's a silent partner with the ogre who brought the Station and money is a motivator  par excellence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×