Jump to content

Whispering_Jack

The Ox and Marko sacked by SEN

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Easily amused

Ummm.. I have an opinion 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

The other on that show carry him

He sounds like a 10 year old. I find it quite sad. 

But he has certainly ripped the place apart. 

To me Breakfast radio is the heart of the place. Get that right and the rest follows

Hutchison has made a mistake there. 

But, SEN is a niche market so time will tell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joeboy said:

Ummm.. I have an opinion 🤷‍♂️

Yes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The picture of Hutchison in todays HUN on page 17 makes me want to vomit profusely. 

His wage is $883,752 a year!!

boycott that organization

Still the only millionaire I know of whose car is still strewn with Macca's boxes and take out bags.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Still the only millionaire I know of whose car is still strewn with Macca's boxes and take out bags.

I expect nothing less from such a class act. 

To sack radio people en masse weeks before christmas is just downright low. 

Contracts are usually finalized around August/Sept for the following year...

hope he is sued by all and sundry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SEN is owned by an ASX listed company. The Board of Directors is accountable to its shareholders and made what they presumably think is the right decision to merge with Crocmedia and install Hutchison as CEO. If the changes Hutchison makes don't work the Board would expect him to fix them and if he doesn't or can't shareholders would expect the Board to change the CEO. And if they don't the shareholders would likely change the Board. 

Keeping on air and off air people employed just because they are "good blokes" isn't the way to run a business. And neither is not paying people what they are owed. If Schwarz and Allen are owed money, they need to be paid. I would be very surprised, though, if employment lawyers weren't consulted by SEN before the terminations happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

SEN is owned by an ASX listed company. The Board of Directors is accountable to its shareholders and made what they presumably think is the right decision to merge with Crocmedia and install Hutchison as CEO. If the changes Hutchison makes don't work the Board would expect him to fix them and if he doesn't or can't shareholders would expect the Board to change the CEO. And if they don't the shareholders would likely change the Board. 

Keeping on air and off air people employed just because they are "good blokes" isn't the way to run a business. And neither is not paying people what they are owed. If Schwarz and Allen are owed money, they need to be paid. I would be very surprised, though, if employment lawyers weren't consulted by SEN before the terminations happened.

i'm sure if hutchy got the flick his contract would ensure a nice golden handshake. as for the mug punters who bought shares....well that would be a different story........but it is nice to see you have such confidence in public company corporate governance and the machinations of the stock exchange and shareholders' rights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i'm sure if hutchy got the flick his contract would ensure a nice golden handshake. as for the mug punters who bought shares....well that would be a different story........but it is nice to see you have such confidence in public company corporate governance and the machinations of the stock exchange and shareholders' rights

Of course, my opinion would be completely different if we were talking about the big four banks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 7:50 PM, daisycutter said:

i'm sure if hutchy got the flick his contract would ensure a nice golden handshake. as for the mug punters who bought shares....well that would be a different story........but it is nice to see you have such confidence in public company corporate governance and the machinations of the stock exchange and shareholders' rights

If you don't like the management don't buy the shares. Simples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

If you don't like the management don't buy the shares. Simples.

absolutely, or sell the ones you already have

much easy than trying to change the ceo or sack the board as suggested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

absolutely, or sell the ones you already have

much easy than trying to change the ceo or sack the board as suggested

That's true for small shareholders. But fund managers with large holdings (for example, more than 10% of the company's shares which would, on today's valuation of Pacific Star Network, be worth over $3 million) might have enough clout to get changes made and may prefer to do that than sell.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

That's true for small shareholders. But fund managers with large holdings (for example, more than 10% of the company's shares which would, on today's valuation of Pacific Star Network, be worth over $3 million) might have enough clout to get changes made and may prefer to do that than sell.   

That's exactly what they have done. The board selects the CEO. The Board of PSN clearly wanted change and installed Hutchy to make the changes. Aside from the personal toll on employees - which is clearly an issue - they are within their rights to do such a thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SEN is unbareable atm. Wheatley puts me to sleep and has no sense of humour and The doc and KB doesn’t work at in the arvo..

Tim Watson, Andy Maher & Mclure holding that station together..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MudDogs Gawn Win.. someday said:

SEN is unbareable atm. Wheatley puts me to sleep and has no sense of humour and The doc and KB doesn’t work at in the arvo..

Tim Watson, Andy Maher & Mclure holding that station together..

I previously listened to KB on every morning. I rarely listed to any other shows on SEN other than Mark Allen's golf show early Sunday morning and Rodney Malcolm Hogg at 1pm Tuesday arvo (cricket season)  Have switched off completely. The amount of ads seems to have increased. Not sure about calling a show 'Whateley'.

Edited by M_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×