Demonland

Jack Viney will Return to the Track in January.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:56 AM, poita said:

I have absolutely no confidence that Jack will be right for round 1, and little confidence that he will make a meaningful contribution this year. This is just one delay / setback after another, some six months or so after the original injury.

The club can periodically release little fluff pieces such as this story as often as it likes, to kid us into believing that all is well, but it has no credibility on this issue. 

As I have posted previously on other threads, this was abysmal player and injury management by the club and it will hurt us big time this year, as it hurt us big time last year.

No need to be so positive, poita.  It's only January.

• Like 2

On 09/01/2018 at 10:33 AM, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

As far as I can see/read, we still haven’t been told what the injury actually was.  This article refers to it as a ‘setback’.

From the horses mouth 

"I had my plantar fascia operated on after I partially tore that against Sydney halfway through the year," Viney said. 

"Coming back from that, five to six weeks down the track, I ended up getting a stress fracture in my third metatarsal so that's what I'm trying to get back from now.

"There's a few things to juggle around after having the surgery on my plantar fascia. 

"The dynamics of my foot are a little bit different so I'm just adjusting to different loads going through different parts of it and I'm finally at a point now where I do feel like I'm progressing well and I don't see too many hiccups along the way now." 

url  http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-12/cautious-viney-still-weeks-from-full-training

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

full interview: 

gotta say, it's not terribly encouraging that sometimes he feels comfortable on the foot and other times he doesn't

i can feel an mfcss attack coming on!!

Hnmm Typical !! We cannot take a trick! As I said in an earlier post he and us ( as in club, are in all sorts) with this injury. Sounds like coming back from original injury, perhaps too early, has put pressure on other parts of his foot!

I feel very uneasy about this !! 

• Like 1

If you need to feel better...read other clubs forums where a lot of “star” players are on modified programs ...relax a little...rather have him mid year fit than push him to play...we are not a one man team ...that is absolutely Goodwins philosophy!!

• Like 1

On 28/11/2017 at 7:35 PM, Skuit said:

My MFCSS Pavlovian conditioning:

Minor delay reported on a return from foot injury during early pre-season =

Persistent feelings of deep unease characterised by sharper periods of anguish, anger, despair and self-pity prior to a settled recurrent state of weary fatalistic acceptance.

Or as I like to put it

Ohhhhhh, FFS, not again.....