Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Bulldogs



Sign in to follow this  
Lucifer's Hero

2018 Contracts and List Details

Recommended Posts

How long until Tom and Oscar re sign? 

Will they remain a package deal? 

Can this thread please be pinned?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Gus needs to be locked in as well, ASAP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

How long until Tom and Oscar re sign? 

Will they remain a package deal? 

Can this thread please be pinned?

 

4 hours ago, DeeZone said:

I think that Gus needs to be locked in as well, ASAP.

Three Essential players.

Noted from original thread list 11 of these player had less than 50 Games at the start of the season. Time for some patience about expectations

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after listening to the mfc podcast, peter jackson seems to think that we could accomodate a 'big fish' if they chose to come along to us at the end of the year.. exciting prospect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Updated for the one year extensions to:  Spargo, Fritsch and Petty

image.png.e311b4563b7142344d0c74ffdc5ff56f.png

Of the major 2018 OOC playres:

  • The McD's have all but signed.
  • After Gus' emotional post game comments on Sunday I would be staggered if he doesn't sign up.
  • I hope the club gives Jetta a decent contract $ wise as he hasn't had the opportunity to earn good dollars having come back as a rookie just four years ago.  He has earnt the right to shore up his family's financial future.  Would hate to lose him.

Edit:  late update for Austin Bradtke - thanks to @red and blue forever

image.png

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Updated for the one year extensions to:  Spargo, Fritsch and Petty

image.png.5f1b3e18b4d71a67bdc71f6cc73ffa71.png

Of the major 2018 OOC playres:

  • The McD's have all but signed.
  • After Gus' emotional post game comments on Sunday I would be staggered if he doesn't sign up.
  • I hope the club gives Jetta a decent contract $ wise as he hasn't had the opportunity to earn good dollars having come back as a rookie just four years ago.  He has earnt the right to shore up his family's financial future.  Would hate to lose him.

Agree with all of that, LH.

Others who we need to re-sign include:

  • James Harmes, who has had a great year to date.
  • Tim Smith, whose last 2 games show that he can be a really handy player for us going forward.
  • They will make a call on it later in the year, but I reckon Bernie deserves one more year at the moment.
  • Harley Balic is probably in line for another year as, from all reports, he's doing pretty well at Casey.

Beyond those above and the players you mentioned (Gus, T Mac, Oscar, Jetta), I'll be interested to see who else we re-sign.  Does Buggy get another year?  Do we give Pedo another year as well, or do we have enough tall cover now?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Agree with all of that, LH.

Others who we need to re-sign include:

  • James Harmes, who has had a great year to date.
  • Tim Smith, whose last 2 games show that he can be a really handy player for us going forward.
  • They will make a call on it later in the year, but I reckon Bernie deserves one more year at the moment.
  • Harley Balic is probably in line for another year as, from all reports, he's doing pretty well at Casey.

Beyond those above and the players you mentioned (Gus, T Mac, Oscar, Jetta), I'll be interested to see who else we re-sign.  Does Buggy get another year?  Do we give Pedo another year as well, or do we have enough tall cover now?

I would agree with those comments.

Even then we will still have 11 OOC players this year.  Would be surprised if we let more than half a dozen go and the perpetually injured may be first in line:  McKenna, Vand and possibly Kent.  Also, we need to make calls on the rookies we have had on our books for a couple of years so some of them may be at risk.  Then there are the players who have barely played in 2016/2017.  Not to mention those that fail the NDH policy ie Jay KH and Kent (disciplined last year for drinking when told not to). 

The decisions on these may come down to list management and having 'too much depth' for some spots rather than ability and replaced with types we need more back up for.

So there is a very good chance that Pedo, Vince, Bugg, Balic, Wagner, King continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugg is mad if he doesn't start looking for another club.

He's on the cusp but it seems he is out of favour. I'm sure both he and his manager are doing the rounds looking at where he would fit on the other lists.

Balic may not be the easy re-sign either if he continues to perform at VFL level and can't crack the senior team.

Good problem to have when players are too good for VFL but can't make the senior team.

Could also see Stretch ask for a trade at year's end.

At least we have the "slowing down" of Lewis and Vince to offer as hope to some of the up and comers.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Updated for the one year extensions to:  Spargo, Fritsch and Petty

image.png.5f1b3e18b4d71a67bdc71f6cc73ffa71.png

Of the major 2018 OOC playres:

  • The McD's have all but signed.
  • After Gus' emotional post game comments on Sunday I would be staggered if he doesn't sign up.
  • I hope the club gives Jetta a decent contract $ wise as he hasn't had the opportunity to earn good dollars having come back as a rookie just four years ago.  He has earnt the right to shore up his family's financial future.  Would hate to lose him.

Why do you say the Mc's are all but signed? Have you heard something other than what we have all heard, that they are in contract talks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Why do you say the Mc's are all but signed? Have you heard something other than what we have all heard, that they are in contract talks?

No new news.  I found their interviews on wanting to stay genuine and convincing.   And there is no noise about engaging other offers.

And as mentioned by @Blinkybill in another thread some players have made a pact to stick with the club.  In that thread I noted that I had heard late last year that players are re signing for unders to be part of our (hoped for) success ala the Hawkes..  

So, I just think there is a 95% chance the Mcd's will resign.  Will eat massive humble pie if that isn't the case 😐

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Updated for the one year extensions to:  Spargo, Fritsch and Petty

image.png.5f1b3e18b4d71a67bdc71f6cc73ffa71.png

Of the major 2018 OOC playres:

  • The McD's have all but signed.
  • After Gus' emotional post game comments on Sunday I would be staggered if he doesn't sign up.
  • I hope the club gives Jetta a decent contract $ wise as he hasn't had the opportunity to earn good dollars having come back as a rookie just four years ago.  He has earnt the right to shore up his family's financial future.  Would hate to lose him.

don't forget to put Austin Bradtke on the list...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

No new news.  I found their interviews on wanting to stay genuine and convincing.   And there is no noise about engaging other offers.

And as mentioned by @Blinkybill in another thread some players have made a pact to stick with the club.  In that thread I noted that I had heard late last year that players are re signing for unders to be part of our (hoped for) success ala the Hawkes..  

So, I just think there is a 95% chance the Mcd's will resign.  Will eat massive humble pie if that isn't the case 😐

I agree they will stay, as they have worked too hard to get the chance of success to just leave.   

They seem to be a very united and committed group atm and if given reasonable coin and duration it should be a formality, even if there are slightly better offers out there. Gus should join them in recommitting at some stage of the season.

I think this group of players are very happy together and that is always a factor in extending contracts.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, red and blue forever said:

don't forget to put Austin Bradtke on the list...

He isn't on our list yet. He has committed to join the MFC

AUSTIN Bradtke will officially join Melbourne as a Category B rookie on November 1 this year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Updated for the one year extensions to:  Spargo, Fritsch and Petty

image.png.e311b4563b7142344d0c74ffdc5ff56f.png

Of the major 2018 OOC playres:

  • The McD's have all but signed.
  • After Gus' emotional post game comments on Sunday I would be staggered if he doesn't sign up.
  • I hope the club gives Jetta a decent contract $ wise as he hasn't had the opportunity to earn good dollars having come back as a rookie just four years ago.  He has earnt the right to shore up his family's financial future.  Would hate to lose him.

Edit:  late update for Austin Bradtke - thanks to @red and blue forever

image.png

Great job and great resource.

Tim  Bull Smith out of contract...  get the mad man signed up!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2018 at 4:56 PM, Petraccattack said:

Great job and great resource.

Tim  Bull Smith out of contract...  get the mad man signed up!

Just a couple of notes,

 

fritsch at EOC will be 23

Spargo at EOC will be 20

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Updated for Tom McDonald contract till 2022!

image.png.280bde0f838a01668d3018c1df197cf0.png

Re Tom McD.  Lewis said last night he would have been silly to leave.  That goes for all our players.  Unfortunately, we will have to push some out. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy this has been pinned. 

It is a great resource. Thank you muchly Luci H 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 2018 expiration column writes itself. There would be a large chuck of those players who won't get to put pen to paper and be delisted.

Credit needs to go to list management here, I don't think we have any players under long term deals that shouldn't be. Get Harmes, Jetta, Gus and Omac under contract and you have our core locked up. The others ooc will either perform for another one year deal or find somewhere else to play.

Fantastic list management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do people think Tyson is currently on? Just wondering if we have a Gaff prospect to come in, do we need to flip someone to free up space. If the guy
 continues to not get a game is it better to free up the space? Same might go for Hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting with Bugg, Garlett and Kent in the seconds and Spargo playing well.

Hard to see us keeping all four.

Dion J is another on the cusp.

The others almost answer themselves save for Balic who may choose to walk if he does not think he is on track for a senior spot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Interesting with Bugg, Garlett and Kent in the seconds and Spargo playing well.

Hard to see us keeping all four.

Dion J is another on the cusp.

The others almost answer themselves save for Balic who may choose to walk if he does not think he is on track for a senior spot.

Kent injured mate but agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Kent injured mate but agree. 

Understand...could have made myself clearer... they all play the same/similar position in different ways

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Harmes re-signed until 2020 and Wagner to 2019

Q: Is OMac and Brayshaw trade bait?

Edited by SFebey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

image.png.69edb6823b9d20f14fe371e1d7b1e8c7.png

Update for re-signing of Harmes till 2020 and Wagner till 2019.

Nev and Oscar are in contract discussions with the club. 

A bit concerned that no word of Gus contract talks starting. 

Given some selections/non-selections of late, I would be very surprised if we don't trade out a contracted player/s.  Especially, if we want to upgrade our Draft position.  GCS need experienced players and will have plenty of draft picks to play with.  We have had good draft relations with them (pick trade to get Oliver, even after Howe pulled out of the trade at the last minute) so could easily see trading with them, if any of our players agree to go there. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

image.png.69edb6823b9d20f14fe371e1d7b1e8c7.png

Update for re-signing of Harmes till 2020 and Wagner till 2019.

Nev and Oscar are in contract discussions with the club. 

A bit concerned that no word of Gus contract talks starting. 

Given some selections/non-selections of late, I would be very surprised if we don't trade out a contracted player/s.  Especially, if we want to upgrade our Draft position.  GCS need experienced players and will have plenty of draft picks to play with.  We have had good draft relations with them (pick trade to get Oliver, even after Howe pulled out of the trade at the last minute) so could easily see trading with them, if any of our players agree to go there. 

What with the prospect of DanHan and Go and Get Gaff, coupled with Brayshaw....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×