Jump to content



  • Melbourne Recruitment Manager
    Jason Taylor Interview
    & Draft Wrap Up


    Melbourne Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor Interview & Draft Wrap Up
     
Sign in to follow this  
DaveyDee

What would you pay more money for to help the MFC further stabilize?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, DaveyDee said:

Interesting - but according Dr Gonzo what you heard with your ears is wrong, but I will let you decide. 

Think its clear poker machines revenue are under attack and there is a push led by AFL Commission Chairman to look at ways of getting AFL clubs out of Poker machines. So no doubt some forms of gambling ad revenues are also under attack - but not all forms of gambling ad revenues are up for discussion - in fact if people read the articles it clear states the AFL took the government to court to protect its Sports Betting revenues. Weather the AFL extend it to all forms of gambling ad revenues - who knows. 

This all said and done - this thread is about finding alternative revenue streams in the event poker machines revenues may or may not be removed. If they are not removed - huge bonus to us we get to spend more money in our FD and move one step closer to a flag for our long time supporters. But I also appreciate some supporters wont to do nothing - that is their choice. 

Go Dees

The article you quoted said the Andrews government is doubling the length of pokie licenses and expanding the amount club are able to own. If the AFL tries to impose restrictions on clubs trading they will face severe opposition.

Additional revenue is a must regardless. The club should and are looking at additional potential revenue streams. I don't imagine an online phone directory is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DaveyDee said:

"There is no difference" - you are more than entitled to your opinion. Cheers 

It's not an opinion. But thank you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaveyDee said:

"There is no difference" - you are more than entitled to your opinion. Cheers 

There is no difference. 

Gambling is Gambling. If the public are forced to watch online Gambling adverts constantly when we watch a game, Poker Machines will continue to be used as a revenue stream. 

Why? Because it’s legal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The article you quoted said the Andrews government is doubling the length of pokie licenses and expanding the amount club are able to own. If the AFL tries to impose restrictions on clubs trading they will face severe opposition.

Additional revenue is a must regardless. The club should and are looking at additional potential revenue streams. I don't imagine an online phone directory is one of them.

If you want to argue with the AFL - on any topic - knock yourself out. Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

There is no difference. 

Gambling is Gambling. If the public are forced to watch online Gambling adverts constantly when we watch a game, Poker Machines will continue to be used as a revenue stream. 

Why? Because it’s legal

Why does it not surprise me you cant understand the difference - LOL. Dr Gonzo I am some what surprised. 

But all said and done I admire both your fighting spirits on wanting to take on the AFL - best of luck dont let me stop you.

On the other hand Im keen to explore alternative revenue streams a winner for us one way or another.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaveyDee said:

Why does it not surprise me you cant understand the difference - LOL. Dr Gonzo I am some what surprised. 

But all said and done I admire both your fighting spirits on wanting to take on the AFL - best of luck dont let me stop you.

On the other hand Im keen to explore alternative revenue streams a winner for us one way or another.  

A business Directory is a nice idea. But that is all it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

A business Directory is a nice idea. But that is all it is

I'm happy to hear alternatives - think i said earlier BD was " just a thought" - the more ideas the better, you can never have enough money in AFL football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveyDee said:

If you want to argue with the AFL - on any topic - knock yourself out. Good luck

Do you think the Hawks are just going to roll over and give up tens of millions in revenue? It's not like we're fighting Goliath on our own, the majority of clubs won't stand for it unless the AFL put their money where their mouth is and even then...

As for the topic at hand, you're obviously more intelligent and industrious than the average MFC supporter/demonland poster, what revenue generating ideas do you have? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2017 at 9:51 AM, Diamond_Jim said:

Sale perhaps but we are not developers.

The problem with a sale is that it would give you a few million which is a drop in the bucket from an investment return basis.

Unfortunately the answer lies in increasing the return per supporter which means creating a rarity factor ( Geelong). You cannot rely on ad hoc tin rattling anymore.

There are so many problems with the MFC from a financial modelling viewpoint it is hard to know where to start. Some continued on field success will not alone fix the problem but it might make the journey a little easier.

With two street frontages we should get $10-15Million as a minimum. Astutely invested, it could either return a reasonable income stream or  buy us a nice Clubhouse close to the “G”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you think the Hawks are just going to roll over and give up tens of millions in revenue? It's not like we're fighting Goliath on our own, the majority of clubs won't stand for it unless the AFL put their money where their mouth is and even then...

As for the topic at hand, you're obviously more intelligent and industrious than the average MFC supporter/demonland poster, what revenue generating ideas do you have? 

A Business Directory.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveyDee said:

I'm happy to hear alternatives - think i said earlier BD was " just a thought" - the more ideas the better, you can never have enough money in AFL football. 

Winning is the answer. The rest follows with a good CEO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you think the Hawks are just going to roll over and give up tens of millions in revenue? It's not like we're fighting Goliath on our own, the majority of clubs won't stand for it unless the AFL put their money where their mouth is and even then...

Interesting you talk about clubs fighting this and "majorities" - I can tell you for a fact the following clubs will offer us zero support West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, GWS & North Melbourne - by my count you dont have a majority. 

So lets go onto the rest - Richmond, Collingwood & Carlton - wont risk there "financial" fixture to rock the boat on our behalf.

Geelong think already have made their intentions clear - happy to sacrifice poker machines revenue

That leaves Hawks, Bulldogs and Saints - geez not sure one of those clubs are big into picking fights with the AFL. 

Essendon - who knows are they in the "Do what it takes phase" - or "the shut the f up phase and get on with it phase"?

I"m no Christian but you are not fighting Goliath - you are fighting the AFL, you know the organisation that hand picked your CEO AND Board. Dont let me stop you - knock yourself out & the best of luck holding onto your "majority." I admire your fighting spirit. 

 

Edited by DaveyDee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaveyDee said:

I'm happy to hear alternatives - think i said earlier BD was " just a thought" - the more ideas the better, you can never have enough money in AFL football. 

You can never have enough football in AFL money is more to the point

AFLW and AFLX are new opportunities for AFL " fixturing " manipulation to maximise AFL income 

Hopefully the MCC( mfc ) is still a shareholder in the financial equation in the long term !   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puntkick said:

You can never have enough football in AFL money is more to the point

Yeah interesting way to put it - but what can we do but live with the situation.

Every player has a limited AFL life span and only doing the best for their families, every club employee are only as good as the results on the field. In a game where there is only one winner a year and 17 clubs that can please themselves - clubs will always push the boundaries looking for that extra edge. 

If you can suggest a better idea to stop the cycle and get every on board - yip the thread is probably redundant.

However, until them we have some real challenges ahead unless we can find alternative revenues that generate reasonable profits. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winners are grinners

If you want to start playing in the 2nd quarter then ladder position and percentage reflect that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As for the topic at hand, you're obviously more industrious than the average MFC supporter/demonland poster, what revenue generating ideas do you have? 

Thats a really good question - if I was going to have a crack at making $3.6 - $ 4.00 million dollars per year in 2017 I would consider the following 

Title - Melbourne FC Business Directory

Objective - Delivery an online business directory - key component being online almost yellow pages in style

Important to note - 1/ the words I selected in my title 2/ That I elected to abbreviate - football club out for a reason

Quick competition analysis 

a/ Collingwood FC Business Directory, Richmond FC Business Directory, Carlton FC Business Directory - etc 

Not sure if you are aware but many words & phrases have a commercial value in 2017 -

Can you see our "edge" online compared to our competition?

Costs - Hard to estimate but if you had some basic SEO & SEM Website contruction skills knowledge next to nothing

Time Frames - 3-5 years 

Target Market - Any business in Melbourne Australia, who cares if they barrack for the Demons or they dont,  just take their money

Incomes - Geez who knows again if you had some basic SEO & SEM skills, had a database, run the occasional business functions, the internet is you oyster your $3.6 - $ 4.00 million per year is not off the cards

But its only a basic idea, I happy to hear some from others .... I like the just win idea and the player lawn mowing services. But again happy to hear more.  

Edited by DaveyDee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DaveyDee said:

Interesting you talk about clubs fighting this and "majorities" - I can tell you for a fact the following clubs will offer us zero support West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, GWS & North Melbourne - by my count you dont have a majority. 

So lets go onto the rest - Richmond, Collingwood & Carlton - wont risk there "financial" fixture to rock the boat on our behalf.

Geelong think already have made their intentions clear - happy to sacrifice poker machines revenue

That leaves Hawks, Bulldogs and Saints - geez not sure one of those clubs are big into picking fights with the AFL. 

Essendon - who knows are they in the "Do what it takes phase" - or "the shut the f up phase and get on with it phase"?

I"m no Christian but you are not fighting Goliath - you are fighting the AFL, you know the organisation that hand picked your CEO AND Board. Dont let me stop you - knock yourself out & the best of luck holding onto your "majority." I admire your fighting spirit. 

 

Interesting expression, given David slew Goliath about 1000 years before Jesus Christ was born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would buy merchandise if it was unique to the MFC (not the same rubbish every other club has with their brand and colours).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DaveyDee said:

So lets go onto the rest - Richmond, Collingwood & Carlton - wont risk there "financial" fixture to rock the boat on our behalf.

 

It's not on "our" behalf

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveyDee said:

Thats a really good question - if I was going to have a crack at making $3.6 - $ 4.00 million dollars per year in 2017 I would consider the following 

Title - Melbourne FC Business Directory

Objective - Delivery an online business directory - key component being online almost yellow pages in style

Important to note - 1/ the words I selected in my title 2/ That I elected to abbreviate - football club out for a reason

Quick competition analysis 

a/ Collingwood FC Business Directory, Richmond FC Business Directory, Carlton FC Business Directory - etc 

Not sure if you are aware but many words & phrases have a commercial value in 2017 -

Can you see our "edge" online compared to our competition?

Costs - Hard to estimate but if you had some basic SEO & SEM Website contruction skills knowledge next to nothing

Time Frames - 3-5 years 

Target Market - Any business in Melbourne Australia, who cares if they barrack for the Demons or they dont,  just take their money

Incomes - Geez who knows again if you had some basic SEO & SEM skills, had a database, run the occasional business functions, the internet is you oyster your $3.6 - $ 4.00 million per year is not off the cards

But its only a basic idea, I happy to hear some from others .... I like the just win idea and the player lawn mowing services. But again happy to hear more.  

This idea had some merit, but now I've seen a rough business plan, it stinks.

Why would "Any business in Melbourne Australia, who cares if they barrack for the Demons or they don't" register for a Melbourne FC Business Directory?  There's a thing out their called "Google".  If you are a business, you should really have website, that's where their marketing dollars get directed to, not an AFL club that would "just take their money".

If are are a consumer that isn't a MFC member, which in Melbourne alone would be approx 3.8m people, you go straight to Google and search away.  Consumers are familiar with that search engine to look for businesses, not a MFC business directory.

I don't see this idea making the income you are talking.  It'd be a warm and fuzzy "add on" service for our current members.  That's it.

Edited by The Chazz
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's not on "our" behalf

Sure you could argue is also on "their" behalf but - The AFL Gave, and the AFL hath taken away.  

They are not in such a precarious position as we are in, Collingwood, Richmond, Cartlon - check out their membership numbers, their average crowds size, growing sponsorship deal. They would have to have a "series" think if they wanted to join your minority. I may suggest they wouldn't - but again dont let me stop you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

This idea had some merit, but now I've seen a rough business plan, it stinks.

Why would "Any business in Melbourne Australia, who cares if they barrack for the Demons or they don't" register for a Melbourne FC Business Directory?  There's a thing out their called "Google".  If you are a business, you should really have website, that's where their marketing dollars get directed to, not an AFL club that would "just take their money".

If are are a consumer that isn't a MFC member, which in Melbourne alone would be approx 3.8m people, you go straight to Google and search away.  Consumers are familiar with that search engine to look for businesses, not a MFC business directory.

I don't see this idea making the income you are talking.  It'd be a warm and fuzzy "add on" service for our current members.  That's it.

Interesting you should mention the term/phrase Google. Organic search terms are far more valuable than PPC - the world is starting to wake up to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaveyDee said:

Interesting you should mention the term/phrase Google. Organic search terms are far more valuable than PPC - the world is starting to wake up to that. 

Thanks for that IT update.  Doesn't at all change my view of your business proposal - it still stinks.

I'm trying to work out your reasoning for being on this forum.  Based on your posting on this thread, as well as the Craig Cameron thread, I've finalised my list of "what/who you could be";

1. A relation of Craig Cameron or Barry Prendergast

2. Craig Cameron or Barry Prendergast

3. Cameron Schwab (given you have intimate knowledge of the runnings of both the Richmond FC and the Melbourne FC)

4. A troll

Whatever the answer, you're clearly not a Melbourne supporter.  I acknowledge that you don't have to be a MFC supporter to post on here, but I'd imagine people will lost patience with your line of posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. Why set up a Melbourne Yellow Pages when Google already exists for free. 

It just doesn’t add up. I smell a rat with DaveyDee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×