Rodney (Balls) Grinter

No White for MFC Clash Jumpers for Season 2018

18 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Was never a problem when everything was in black and white!.......you could still tell us apart, even from Fitzroy!.....

Exactly. These clash jumpers are a pathetic joke.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 12:15 PM, DaveyDee said:

Could not give a toss what colour or clash jumpers are. Its just such a non-issue. 

I care more how we play the game, how many wins we will have and if we are going to make the finals. 

Sorry cannot stand this stupid response.  In what way is caring about the jumper we wear in conflict with us winning games or not?  It's not like it's a mutually exclusive propersition.

I can thint of a lot of things I care less about posted on Demonland  (like Ty Vickory) and this time of year, few more that I care about than seeing our club properly address this issue.  I mean obviously there is the draft, but until it happens, it's like throwing darts at a dart board.  And even then, until those players that are drafted actually produce on the feild, it's more an act of navel gazing for us mere supporters.  And it's not like directing some of the club's management staff to take this issue up with the AFL and get an appropriate outcome is distracting our playing group, coaching or recruiting staff.  Getting a good outcome for our footy club could also help to recruit and retain more members.

Beyond all, when our team wins, I want to see it happen in a jumper that actually looks like our teams, not some crappy half baked version that looks more  like a Sydney jumper than a Melbourne one.  

Every Heart  Beats True for the RED and BLUE

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Sorry cannot stand this stupid response.  In what way is caring about the jumper we wear in conflict with us winning games or not?  It's not like it's a mutually exclusive propersition.

I can thint of a lot of things I care less about posted on Demonland  (like Ty Vickory) and this time of year, few more that I care about than seeing our club properly address this issue.  I mean obviously there is the draft, but until it happens, it's like throwing darts at a dart board.  And even then, until those players that are drafted actually produce on the feild, it's more an act of navel gazing for us mere supporters.  And it's not like directing some of the club's management staff to take this issue up with the AFL and get an appropriate outcome is distracting our playing group, coaching or recruiting staff.  Getting a good outcome for our footy club could also help to recruit and retain more members.

Beyond all, when our team wins, I want to see it happen in a jumper that actually looks like our teams, not some crappy half baked version that looks more  like a Sydney jumper than a Melbourne one.  

Every Heart  Beats True for the RED and BLUE

8VElEDC.gif

• Like 2

On 15/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, Demonland said:

I don't know why we can't have a predominantly red strip as our clash strip.

AFL told us years ago red is a "dark" colour and we need a jumper with predominantly "light" colour. However Essendons clash jumper is an inverted version of their normal jumper so not sure why ours couldn't be the same. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rpfc said:

8VElEDC.gif

I agree with you - its a non-issue for me its a clash jumper. Now I dont think the views shared by Rodney are stupid - if its that important to him, knock yourself out, go for it and Good luck. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Thanks Morgan - us Demons supporters could use all the luck we can get.

804.gif

How anyone can be apathetic about what jumper and colours your team wears is beyond me.

Players come and go, but the glue that knits generations of fans together is the jumper and colours.

One can try and place themselves above such menial matters in an attempt to seem more enlightened, but you've just taken a position that is at odds with footy, reason, and passion.

Naturally, fans put up with it, as there's little choice, but how anyone couldn't care or could even embrace a clash jumper beggars belief.  I assume such supporters wouldn't give a yelp if the club decided to push for a permanent change to green and aqua.

I find the position disingenuous.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

When coaches and clubs start jumping up and down that there are jumper clashes and it could cost someone a flag!!! then I will believe it is an issue.

Until then it just the typical AFL bullsh!t inconsistency and making it up on the run.

The last time I heard clubs grumbling was when the AFL themselves engineered a clash between us and the umpires!

On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 8:58 PM, old dee said:

Finally a man after my own heart.

just win I don't care what we are wearing.

Totally Old Dee.

From 2007 to 2017, we lost more games than I care to think of and wore a plethera of putrid white/grey jumpers.  We should consign both acts to the annals of history.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:53 PM, Demonland said:

I don't know why we can't have a predominantly red strip as our clash strip.

Neither do I, but I really don't care. As long as we return to being a successful football club, the type of jumper we wear means little IMO. It doesn't bother the Manchester Uniteds or Liverpools of the sporting world and it shouldn't concern us. That is 21st century sport. Jog on.

Edited by A F