Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

The Scrapping of the Bounce is Imminent

6 hours ago, sue said:

My my, I see that umpires used to run straight back without indicating to players that that is what they will do.  Who thinks up this ludicrous ideas...

They didn't have D&Ms and counselling sessions with the players at stoppages either.

"Nathan .... Nathan .... Nathan ... give me the ball please. Nathan .... give me the ball please. Nathan ..."

"Dustin ... move one metre back please. Dustin ... Dustin ... move one metre back please ... Dustin ..."

They hardly spoke to them at all. No flapping around. Don't give the ball back = free. Don't move back = free.

Now it's like they're trying to talk the drunk guy at the pub out of decking them using the skills they learnt at their effective communications course at the CAE.

• Haha 2

At least we won't have to witness these maggots practicing something that they have not been able to master, before the start of games anymore. Amazing that this is a feature of the bloody game for over 150 years, so they just get rid of it.

Look forward to seeing them practice measuring all sorts of things now, like distances between things.etc etc

4 hours ago, willmoy said:

Appears Peter Schwab was in favour of retaining it. Find a new job ! 

18 hours ago, sue said:

My my, I see that umpires used to run straight back without indicating to players that that is what they will do.  Who thinks up this ludicrous ideas...

It's redundant, more than ludicrous.

...as I say to my mates.

In all the years I've played and watched football I've never seen an umpire run forward after a ball up.

Just another change to our once great game!

it will be unrecognisable in 10 years!

1 minute ago, Big Carl said:

Just another change to our once great game!

it will be unrecognisable in 10 years!

Stupid away-strip jumpers, no melees, no power full forwards anymore kicking over 100 goals a season, no one on one duals like Jakovich on Carey or Knights on Van der Har.

Just teams full of midfielders racking up meaningless possessions in the backline, umpires who have selective vision and who suffer anxiety and workplace injuries over trying to bounce the ball.

What a joke.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, puntkick said:

Hey willmoy, who are you? i'm willmoy, you're an imposter, not cricket.......