Sign in to follow this  
KC from Casey

Casey Demons 2018

The word from out at Casey is that recently retired MFC 141 gamer Colin Garland who will have coaching roles with the club’s AFLW and VFLW teams in 2018 could also turn out during the season with the Casey Demons. Delisted rookie Mitch White is also said to be a likely recruit.

With the axing of the Development League, the Casey Demons’ VFL list will be reduced significantly.

One player off to the Frankston Dolphins for their return season to the VFL is Jake Lovett.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I believe that Tom Couch who has joined the coaching panel might also put in some games. 

Could be an experienced team which is what generally wins this competition nowadays.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:54 PM, KC from Casey said:

The word from out at Casey is that recently retired MFC 141 gamer Colin Garland who will have coaching roles with the club’s AFLW and VFLW teams in 2018 could also turn out during the season with the Casey Demons. Delisted rookie Mitch White is also said to be a likely recruit.

With the axing of the Development League, the Casey Demons’ VFL list will be reduced significantly.

One player off to the Frankston Dolphins for their return season to the VFL is Jake Lovett.

Colin Garland is what footy ought a be about.

Have we had any better a clubman, then Garlo?

Takes the train to the footy.

just a great fella I reckon.  A real community spirited person imo.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2017 at 4:24 PM, KC from Casey said:

What are the circulating words about Jake Lovett? What is he like as a developing footballer and does he bear any similarity with his father? If he has one ounce of his father's talent, he may well be a great talent for us down the track.

26 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

What are the circulating words about Jake Lovett? What is he like as a developing footballer and does he bear any similarity with his father? If he has one ounce of his father's talent, he may well be a great talent for us down the track.

He's a one paced, nuggetty onballer. Hasn't shown enough at Development level to suggest he'll be a good VFL player, lit alone an AFL one. 

51 minutes ago, Tough Kent said:

He's a one paced, nuggetty onballer. Hasn't shown enough at Development level to suggest he'll be a good VFL player, lit alone an AFL one. 

Thanks for this advice. Maybe it is too early to extract expectations from one so young. His father was a little slow at times but read the play and his roles extraordinarily well.

News to date

Jade Rawlings - new coach 

Tom Couch - player and assistant coach 

Mitch Gent - signed up for another year

Some of the development team (2017 premiers) are trialling at Frankston including Jake Lovett. 

Casey confident that 7-8 of key development list will stay at Casey and push for the senior team (Collis, Hillard, Cox, Allsopp, Lefau, Vanderhaar, Gordon)

Edited by spirit of norm smith
X

I had read in a local Peninsula newspaper that Lefau had signed to paly with Crib Point next year, but I hope I am wrong.  He looked extremely promising in the games I saw him play.

17 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Casey confident that 7-8 of key development list will stay at Casey and push for the senior team (Collis, Hillard, Cox, Allsopp, Lefau, Vanderhaar, Gordon)

I would love to know how van der Haar is progressing...his old man was sharp! Wasn't too bad as a mobile utility, either,