Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The Rory Sloane article in The Age gave me a moment of sympathy for Adelaide. But only a moment. Over the years we have been back-doored more than once losing top-line players when were in a high ladder position. We could have done with a Healey, a Thompson, a Farmer, even a Barassi  over many a suffering season. So who cares if Jake Lever comes our way and helps to break this decades long pattern of losing top players when it counts. Perhaps it is a sign of the smartness of our new administrators that this failure has finally been recognised and acted upon.

The article:

 http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rory-sloane-in-no-rush-to-enter-contract-talks-with-adelaide-ahead-of-2018-free-agency-20171102-gzduf1.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bush demon said:

The Rory Sloane article in The Age gave me a moment of sympathy for Adelaide. But only a moment. Over the years we have been back-doored more than once losing top-line players when were in a high ladder position. We could have done with a Healey, a Thompson, a Farmer, even a Barassi  over many a suffering season. So who cares if Jake Lever comes our way and helps to break this decades long pattern of losing top players when it counts. Perhaps it is a sign of the smartness of our new administrators that this failure has finally been recognised and acted upon.

The article:

 http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rory-sloane-in-no-rush-to-enter-contract-talks-with-adelaide-ahead-of-2018-free-agency-20171102-gzduf1.html

He's gone!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bush demon said:

The Rory Sloane article in The Age gave me a moment of sympathy for Adelaide. But only a moment. Over the years we have been back-doored more than once losing top-line players when were in a high ladder position. We could have done with a Healey, a Thompson, a Farmer, even a Barassi  over many a suffering season. So who cares if Jake Lever comes our way and helps to break this decades long pattern of losing top players when it counts. Perhaps it is a sign of the smartness of our new administrators that this failure has finally been recognised and acted upon.

The article:

 http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rory-sloane-in-no-rush-to-enter-contract-talks-with-adelaide-ahead-of-2018-free-agency-20171102-gzduf1.html

As they said at Villers Bretonneux, "Do not forget Australia" 

And at Melbourne we should say "Do not feel sorry for Adelaide."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old dee said:

He's gone!

I have a strange and disturbing feeling that he may eventually turn up at Collingwood.

Rory and Eddie of course will say that they did not have any discussions until after the end of the footy season and his contract with the Crows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arctin, the God of Player Movements, has looked upon us with benevolence in recent years. A few prayers might have him send Sloane our way.

As opposed to Stormbung, the evil God of the End of Season Draft (and of High Priced Chips), who afflicted us with curse after curse for a number of years.

This year we have sacrificed Jack Watts to Nar-bing, the God of Ladder Position, to see if we can rise up into the finals. Here's hoping!

Go Nar-bing!

Go Demons!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hemingway said:

I have a strange and disturbing feeling that he may eventually turn up at Collingwood.

Rory and Eddie of course will say that they did not have any discussions until after the end of the footy season and his contract with the Crows.

The deal is already done Ernest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hemingway said:

As they said at Villers Bretonneux, "Do not forget Australia" 

And at Melbourne we should say "Do not feel sorry for Adelaide."

I don't Ernest they are  the only club that I truely hate.

as they say in the classics I would p--- on them if they were on fire.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, old dee said:

I don't Ernest they are  the only club that I truely hate.

as they say in the classics I would p--- on them if they were on fire.

We must read different texts. My version says that "I wouldn't..."

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

We must read different texts. My version says that "I wouldn't..."

Might depend on what OD has been drinking (literally on the turps?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

We must read different texts. My version says that "I wouldn't..."

 

 

Good point LDC for some reason the edit bottom does not exist when I am using my iPad. Bloody apple again giving me heart ache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old dee said:

Good point LDC for some reason the edit bottom does not exist when I am using my iPad. Bloody apple again giving me heart ache.

Don't think it's your iPad. I'm on a PC with Windows 10 and the ability to edit seems to have disappeared for me, too.

 

And now it's back...

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia
Showing edit function is working again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Don't think it's your iPad. I'm on a PC with Windows 10 and the ability to edit seems to have disappeared for me, too.

 

And now it's back...

Now that is strange it has disappeared from my PC and just checked it is back on my iPad.

Too hard for a mere Dees supporter to figure out.

I am still struggling with a 53 year drought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 9:52 AM, hemingway said:

I have a strange and disturbing feeling that he may eventually turn up at Collingwood.

Rory and Eddie of course will say that they did not have any discussions until after the end of the footy season and his contract with the Crows.

It's kind of funny.  These days Collingwood is looking like one of the worst clubs in the league for player development.  Almost every quality player in their side was poached from another team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

It's kind of funny.  These days Collingwood is looking like one of the worst clubs in the league for player development.  Almost every quality player in their side was poached from another team. 

They have been very quiet lately, which makes me suspicious. 

Eddie spends much of his time plotting and thinking of the next deal, so something is cooking!

And he and Buckley need to pull something out for the fire next season or good night nurse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hemingway said:

They have been very quiet lately, which makes me suspicious. 

Eddie spends much of his time plotting and thinking of the next deal, so something is cooking!

And he and Buckley need to pull something out for the fire next season or good night nurse. 

Tom Lynch (GCS) has been the go-to rumour for all things Collingwood, and Sloane for St Kilda.

Edited by Deeprived Childhood
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the Sun of God has arisen at Jeelong and is preaching his low paid reincarnation and thankfulness, its time that us mere mortals, atheists and doubters just stood back and behold the wonder of the all Australian Coach C Scott and his disciples Selwood and Dangerfield distribute the bread and fishes.

That they prey pray at their own home town citadel so often is almost unbelievable ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×