dimmy

Jack Trengove signed by Port Adelaide as a Delisted Free Agent

3 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

"The other thing that struck me about Ken is that he really does just focus on what you can bring to the team, opposed to the little inefficiencies you need to improve on...

So there's no such thing as wanting to be a better player? You just do what you "bring to the team" forever?

3 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Good article on JT going to Port.  http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-17/trengove-happy-with-upfront-and-honest-hinkley

He noted:  "The other thing that struck me about Ken is that he really does just focus on what you can bring to the team, opposed to the little inefficiencies you need to improve on...for a player that's been around for a few years now, it's great to hear what you can do again".

Watts said something similar in a post trade interview.  I don't think either meant to chip Goodwin or Macca but it makes one wonder about positive motivation vs 'carrot and stick', post Roos.  

On a lighter note JT is the designated 'chaperone' for Watts:  "Ken was pretty keen for me to live with (Jack) to keep him on the straight and narrow."  Watts said in a recent interview they will share a house at Henley Beach. 

Having his mate who knows his way round Adelaide, is a known hard worker/trainer to buddy with, may just be the making of Jack Watts. 

Wish them every success.

No, it doesn't.  Of course he is going to say something very positive about a coach who has given him a lifeline.  He'll do anything to stay in the good books.

2 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

If only Trengove was at Melbourne for multiple years with Watts then it may have helped Watts become a more professional player.

Absolutely spot on.  He played with Trenners for 8 years and saw how hard the bloke worked to get his body right again, and even that wasn't enough.  I don't think that will change now.