dimmy

Jack Trengove signed by Port Adelaide as a Delisted Free Agent

45 minutes ago, WA Demon13 said:

Is Toumpas still on their list ?

For the time being. Out of contract, but guessing he stays at it looks like Port have made their cuts.

Three former Dee top5 picks at Port next year.

Super happy for Trenners.

Edited by ChaserJ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

All ex-Melbourne DFAs, have gone to their new 'home' with my very best wishes, but Jack undoubtedly heads that list.  I can't think af any other sub -100 game player who is so universally liked. Thanks Jack, for carrying yourself so professionally and proudly as a Demon, through the toughest of times.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Im rapt for him and I do hope he can have  a good year and put his injuries behind him. 

It will probably be a good thing for Watts to having his good mate there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes really glad Jack got picked up. Two Demon  “Jacks” now at the power. 

Jack T was on radio saying that he contacted Jack W (in Canada) who shed a tear or two on hearing they would be together at Port.  Shows how much they think of each other.   I shed a few tears too. 

Never thought I would say this but I hope Port has great success next year (except vs us) with our Jacks!  

Good luck JT.  Whatever happens, you'll always be a Demon champ!

• Like 14
  • Love 1

Absolutely stoked for Trenners.  I think the club made the right decision to move him on, but I also feel as though he deserved a second chance elsewhere as well.  Hopefully it's a positive outcome for all involved.

• Like 9

What will happen to the culture of the rabid, feral, bogan supporters of the south Australian filth with our two nice boys from Melbourne playing for them?

• Haha 2

Love the bloke and hope like anything he gets a good run at it. He deserves every success. Don't care who he plays for, I'll cheer him on regardless (maybe not against us).

Go you good thing JT

• Like 8

I hope he returns to his best and tears it up for Port, but not against us. Just one of those quality people that make the whole club a better place. And if he and Watts get a run against us, I actually hope we cheer and clap when they come on. After that I will feel happy to treat them like the opposition and abuse the carp out of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best news I’ve heard all day.

Hope he tears it up and finishes his career on the note it deserves. 

• Like 6

good on him.

I don't think he'll crack the side, might be given a chance, but I guess he was destined for SA anyway to play in the SANFL and Port thought it would be better to fill their cap with an establish guy of character and skill than a nobody. I suspect this is more of a coaching gig than anything.

• Like 3

good news!

could have played a part in Wattsy agreeing to move!

Very happy for him.  Hope he does well.

I will continue to cheer for both Jacks indefinitely.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ChaserJ said:

For the time being. Out of contract, but guessing he stays at it looks like Port have made their cuts.

Three former Dee top5 picks at Port next year.

Super happy for Trenners.

I’m fairly certain Toumpas got a three year contract when he was traded.

• Thanks 1

He signed with Port for two years and is currently OOC.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

13 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Port are certainly turning their list over. How many is that now that are new to the club after the season ended?

Turning it over with some average players.  They better hope it works.  

Wrapt for Jack if it works. Gun player if only he had regained his speed. Sorry in a way that the MFC didn’t find a role for him (such as leading the Casey Demons to a Premiership) however having Watts as a teammate should make him pretty happy!👍

• Like 1

Crazy Kenny. They are shamelessly going all out for a flag next year. But for a team who has played 1 final in 3 or 4 years, I fear they are further away than they think.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-03/power-shock-delisted-demon-signs-on

Super dodgy photo of him in his new Port jumper.  Pumping out his guns with his fists cross armed, he looks stoned (I guess that's how they roll at Port) and the Port jumper really doesn't suit him (wish he still had a red and blue one on).  But overall, I can't argue with the sentiment of others that have posted here in wishing this bloke all the best.  Of all the players we have lost over to other AFL clubs the past ten years, I don't think there are are any that have gone with the same high praise and universal good will as Trenners.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 1

Great for Jack, can’t see the sense for Port.  Is he back up for Rocky?  Do they want him for leadership?

we know he is a great bloke and a smart footballer, but he was off the pace of AFL in the games he played this year for Melb.  I think he will dominate the SANFL, but will be found out if selected for Port.  

Ports strategy is difficult to understand, with their outs and ins.  Have brought in 4 players with specific question marks- they must believe that Kochie’s Kool Aid fixes all.

2018 will be an interesting year for this team.

• Like 2

Was hoping crows or power would take a punt on Trenners , will be watching to see how  Watts and Trenners go next year. 

No doubt Wattsy will kill it -

Go Trenners . !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Port are certainly turning their list over. How many is that now that are new to the club after the season ended?

15 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Great for Jack, can’t see the sense for Port.  Is he back up for Rocky?  Do they want him for leadership?

we know he is a great bloke and a smart footballer, but he was off the pace of AFL in the games he played this year for Melb.  I think he will dominate the SANFL, but will be found out if selected for Port.  

Ports strategy is difficult to understand, with their outs and ins.  Have brought in 4 players with specific question marks- they must believe that Kochie’s Kool Aid fixes all.

2018 will be an interesting year for this team.

Very strange times at Port

Good luck to Jack, but he is far too slow for AFL now. 

Be very suprised if he plays more games than Toumpas

• Like 1