Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

David Schwarz

joeboy

For those who haven't yet had the chance, have a read of his biography 'All bets are off'.  It is absolutely compelling, fascinating and tragic reading.  It is amazing to read of the utter turmoil in his private life while also forging an AFL career.

• Like 3

I have seen 4 players who made me want to travel hours from the country just to see them play: Flower, Ox, Farmer, and Jurrah. The Ox was an arrogant, gifted, brilliant, bullish star. In life I can't stand people like this. Opposition players like this make me want to puke. Dees players like him make me dream of that elusive Premiership. 

An imperfect human being who has totally owned all his errors, especially those which ruined the lives of others.

As a radio man, even though I live too far away to get SEN 1116 now, I liked him when I could listen. 

And that 1994 team... oh what should have been.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I have seen 4 players who made me want to travel hours from the country just to see them play: Flower, Ox, Farmer, and Jurrah. The Ox was an arrogant, gifted, brilliant, bullish star. In life I can't stand people like this. Opposition players like this make me want to puke. Dees players like him make me dream of that elusive Premiership. 

An imperfect human being who has totally owned all his errors, especially those which ruined the lives of others.

As a radio man, even though I live too far away to get SEN 1116 now, I liked him when I could listen. 

And that 1994 team... oh what should have been.

No love for Jako MB38?

I love listening to the Ox on SEN. Love his passion for the club, whether he's excited or frustrated, and he never ceases to get a laugh out of me.

Hopefully, we see his son Cooper line up alongside the Wizard's, Kobe Farmer, under the stern leadership of Jack Viney (it's certainly possible).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

No love for Jako MB38?

He was a rare beast and super talent, but I wouldn't travel down from the country to watch him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

From his highlights package, during the last term against the Dogs he had 25 touches, 12 marks and had kicked 2 goals.  The Ox had a massive tank and would do a mammoth amount of work to not only kick goals but set them up as well.  Lyon kicked 10 that day and he had a hand in many of them.  

It's why I'm still super excited to see Jesse get a full pre-season under his belt as I believe he can play this exact role for us going forward.  He doesn't need to hit the scoreboard each week in big numbers to have a positive impact on the side.  Schwarz was exactly the same.

If Jesse could play with half the dedication, commitment and never say die attitude as did the Ox we will have a genuine star.

One of the reasons I asked earlier whether Ox does any time at the Club, mentoring or guiding.  (Hopefully could help the Weed show what his true talents are)

17 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

No that's only your 3 word analysis, which were becoming repetitive and boring, stopped reading them half way thru the season,

Never understood all the love fo the Ox, never gets a mention in dispatches as a great forward/player etc, a good player, not superstar, an awful media person, unfortunately not alone

Presumably never saw him play live, especially the end part of the 94 season. 

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Satys main issues seem to be that Ox isn't a great media performer (if true, who cares?), and that he doesn't spend as much time hanging around the club as him. (irrelevant) 

Thats what we are dealing with here.

IMO, and this is a forum of opinions, Ox is a very natural media performance with none of the absolute BS meaningless banter, usually mistakenly in the name of humor, we hear on just about every other commercial station, sporting or just general drive (better termed drive with a “l” at the end). 

18 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

From his highlights package, during the last term against the Dogs he had 25 touches, 12 marks and had kicked 2 goals.  The Ox had a massive tank and would do a mammoth amount of work to not only kick goals but set them up as well.  Lyon kicked 10 that day and he had a hand in many of them.  

Gaz had 18 disposals, 11 marks and kicked 10.4.   The most recent player to kick double figures in a final.

What a duo they were.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Read the first post, lots of players have come back from a knee reco and got better, (Gawn), sadly he didn't 

Clayton Oliver says hi for the best individual season and that's now, not reliving past glory and hoping progeny can do the same

How many come back from 3 and get better?  That list is very, very short.

The Ox, before and then after the knee recos, got every possible ounce of talent out of his body.  The fact he played as many games as he did and won a club best and fairest goes to show how committed he was to the club and to giving absolutely everything he had to the cause.

If all the players on our list followed that lead then we wouldn't be going far wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ox was a rare talent. I haven't seen anything close to Ox come through since Ox. He was going to be as good - if not better - than Carey. We were robbed of a flag him doing his knee. He was that good. If people are excited about Ox's son possibly playing for Melbourne - then they most likely seen Ox play pre-knee injury. Ox had the sort of talent that doesn't come around very often. I can understand some people not liking him, but there is no denying he was an absolute freak before his knee injury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Darkhorse72 said:

I remember a comment from when they were deciding to select our next captain between the Oz and Nietz.  We know nit got the honour.  The comment later was they would follow Nietz (Which they did) but they would die for the Ox on the field. I wonder what that would have done for our culture and how we played in that period? 

I remember telling the Ox at a family day at luna park that he should have been given the captaincy ahead of Neita. Mind you at the time I did not know about his gambling issues.

One of the funnier stories from the Ox was when he talked about playing against essendon and he would run into goal and aim low into there cheersquad. he really hated the bummers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/11/2017 at 7:36 PM, dees189227 said:

I remember telling the Ox at a family day at luna park that he should have been given the captaincy ahead of Neita. Mind you at the time I did not know about his gambling issues.

One of the funnier stories from the Ox was when he talked about playing against essendon and he would run into goal and aim low into there cheersquad. he really hated the bummers

Me too

Was married to one(bummer supporter)

Her two sisters needed to be on the end of a couple of those kicks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, Satyriconhome said:

Gee joeboy Jack Viney not good enough for you, and Joel Smith just needs a bit of luck

Kobe Farmer for me if Dad can prize him away from the hoops

Would hate to be young Stot, would be crucified if not as good as the Ox, great footy player, awful media person

WTF?

• Haha 1

I'm somewhat surprised by this debate (even on Demonland), but for my part, I'm very comfortable with David Schwarz the footballer (circa 1994), being mentioned in the same breath as Wayne Carey, the footballer.  It's just a huge pity we only had a brief glimpse of Schwarz at his best.

• Like 2
  • Love 1