Jump to content



  • Melbourne Recruitment Manager
    Jason Taylor Interview
    & Draft Wrap Up


    Melbourne Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor Interview & Draft Wrap Up
     
Lucifer's Hero

2018 Membership Thread

Recommended Posts

I do the auto renewal and have had my 3 already go through.  Will do that each and every year regardless.

4 minutes ago, ding said:

Thing is, a good start to the year will not be enough to bring many back. We could ace the entire pre-bye period and still miss finals. That is the real measure for a lot of ex-members. Finally bloody deliver. No more promises.

DELIVER Dees. Then and only then will i consider rejoining.

No worries, fairweather.  Happy now to pay up during the good times but won't do it during the bad.  Change your username to bandwagon and you're all set.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ding said:

Thing is, a good start to the year will not be enough to bring many back. We could ace the entire pre-bye period and still miss finals. That is the real measure for a lot of ex-members. Finally bloody deliver. No more promises.

DELIVER Dees. Then and only then will i consider rejoining.

What's wrong precious, you posted, don't like replies from other posters, simple don't post in the first place

I kicked every inanimate object on the way home after Rd23 but would never consider not renewing my membership   so as I said Bye

Edited by Satyriconhome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Grapeviney said:

You can add money, which is probably at the top of the list.

 

That would certainly influence some people. 

A poster reported a while back that the cost to add the Grand Final Guarantee went from $80 in 2016 to $229.  That GFG increase would have been quite a shock to people who are used to buying it for $80.  Personally, I think that is a rip off by the club as my Redlegs membership which has the GFG built in went up by only a small amount in total.

For members who were already disillusioned/disappointed by the clubs performance/decisions that GFG increase (and other price increases) could well have been the straw that broke the camels back and it gave them just another reason to walk away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I'd wait on the membership panic until Round 1.  People have a myriad of reasons for not signing up - money is tight, their auto renewal stuffs up because their credit card needs updating, some are still annoyed about the end of last season.

We may be behind on last year, but we are only just rolling over to November.  Plenty of membership water to go under the bridge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

That would certainly influence some people. 

A poster reported a while back that the cost to add the Grand Final Guarantee went from $80 in 2016 to $229.  That GFG increase would have been quite a shock to people who are used to buying it for $80.  Personally, I think that is a rip off by the club as my Redlegs membership which has the GFG built in went up by only a small amount in total.

For members who were already disillusioned/disappointed by the clubs performance/decisions that GFG increase (and other price increases) could well have been the straw that broke the camels back and it gave them just another reason to walk away.  

Club increased it by so much because they were sure the team would be in the finals and could gouge a lot of people who believed the same. IF we make finals in 2018 expect a sharp rise for the same guarantee in 2019.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

What's wrong precious, you posted, don't like replies from other posters, simple don't post in the first place

I kicked every inanimate object on the way home after Rd23 but would never consider renewing my membership   so as I said Bye

lol if you knew what the players said about you when you were not around you wouldnt be such a kiss-arz.

"Santa-Stalker" was the best i have heard so far.

Keep up the training reports though, pre season comedy is always appreciated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ding said:

Thing is, a good start to the year will not be enough to bring many back. We could ace the entire pre-bye period and still miss finals. That is the real measure for a lot of ex-members. Finally bloody deliver. No more promises.

DELIVER Dees. Then and only then will i consider rejoining.

No promises from the club for next year ding. 

In fact, the opposite! 

In the PJ interview on SEN last week Garry Lyon asked him if making finals was 'not negotiable' next year.  Jackson said something like '...nothing is not negotiable...'.  So I doubt anyone from the club will use the F word next year.  Lots of tippy toeing will happen around the F word. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

No promises from the club for next year ding. 

In fact, the opposite! 

In the PJ interview on SEN last week Garry Lyon asked him if making finals was 'not negotiable' next year.  Jackson said something like '...nothing is not negotiable...'.  So I doubt anyone from the club will use the F word next year.  Lots of tippy toeing will happen around the F word. 

I dont mind that at all tbh. At least we couldnt be accused of getting ahead of ourselves (Again).

The heat is being applied behind the scenes. Not before time either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ding said:

Club increased it by so much because they were sure the team would be in the finals and could gouge a lot of people who believed the same. IF we make finals in 2018 expect a sharp rise for the same guarantee in 2019.

 

It went from $80 in 2016 to $120 in 2017. The big jump to $229 is for 2018... I expressed my displeasure directly to the club over the phone... particularly as it was included in my automatic renewal! I expressed the thought that an extra such as the GF guarantee should be something you opt into rather than opt out of. I was pizzed off because I’m in a position where I can’t really afford $458 for mine and my son’s guarantee, but I have the dilemma that I can’t ask them to refund it as I had promised my son that we will go to the GF if the Dees get there. 

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

What's wrong precious, you posted, don't like replies from other posters, simple don't post in the first place

I kicked every inanimate object on the way home after Rd23 but would never consider not renewing my membership   so as I said Bye

 

Screenshot_20171031-211117.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

What's wrong precious, you posted, don't like replies from other posters, simple don't post in the first place

I kicked every inanimate object on the way home after Rd23 but would never consider not renewing my membership   so as I said Bye

Give it a rest creepy Jesus. If that’s how Ding feels and what he’s decided to do then so be it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My MFC/MCC membership rolled over earlier in the year, but the other membership numbers are certainly worrying. There should be no denying that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hardtack said:

It went from $80 in 2016 to $120 in 2017. The big jump to $229 is for 2018... I expressed my displeasure directly to the club over the phone... particularly as it was included in my automatic renewal! I expressed the thought that an extra such as the GF guarantee should be something you opt into rather than opt out of. I was pizzed off because I’m in a position where I can’t really afford $458 for mine and my son’s guarantee, but I have the dilemma that I can’t ask them to refund it as I had promised my son that we will go The the GF if we the Dees get there. 

Do you honestly believe we will make it to the GF next year though? I mean, deep down genuinely believe?

I get that your word to your lad is solid, but geez its a tough one.

I would have more faith in scalpers on GF day than i do in the team to get there. Call it 50 years of disappointment. You have probably been longer yeah? If money was really tight, i would probably wait till the very last week it was available to make that sort of commitment.

Almost $500 for 2 is big coin for a lot of us (Im a part time nurse so im hardly rolling in it either)

Respect if you chose to stick with it though.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ding said:

Do you honestly believe we will make it to the GF next year though? I mean, deep down genuinely believe?

I get that your word to your lad is solid, but geez its a tough one.

I would have more faith in scalpers on GF day than i do in the team to get there. Call it 50 years of disappointment. You have probably been longer yeah? If money was really tight, i would probably wait till the very last week it was available to make that sort of commitment.

Almost $500 for 2 is big coin for a lot of us (Im a part time nurse so im hardly rolling in it either)

Respect if you chose to stick with it though.

 

Ding...if you're not renewing ( and its not a financial imperitive) in my mind you lose a bit of cred on this site. Still,  ok thats your choice ....but would you mind not trying to talk other people out of jumping in at whatever level they feel to. FFS dude.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Give it a rest creepy Jesus. If that’s how Ding feels and what he’s decided to do then so be it. 

Why share it and not expect vigorous feedback, maybe he won't post on here any more either. 

Why creepy Jesus want to explain that or just being an aninymous troll

Edited by Satyriconhome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A F said:

My MFC/MCC membership rolled over earlier in the year, but the other membership numbers are certainly worrying. There should be no denying that.

It is a worry. There's no hiding from the slump in comparative figures. There may be an innocuous explanation which will correct itself, but ding has fronted up and given his personal reasoning, which whether anyone agrees with it not, fits within the narrative of greatest concern - members are especially angry with the club this year over a combination of (late or post-season) factors and are prepared to bite off their noses (for the time being at least).

Acknowledging such an occurrence isn't a criticism of the club - they would have had a pretty good idea of the impact in moving on Jack - but also would have weighed it up as a one-step-back-two-steps-forward overall strategic approach. Sustained on-field success is the only reliable tonic, and we have everyone at the club now driving toward this result. It may be the membership recession we had to have.

Here's hoping some of the anger will subside soon after the boys strap on the boots for pre-season training - boys including Jack Viney, Clayton Oliver, Jesse Hogan, Christian Petracca, Angus Brayshaw, Jayden Hunt, Christian Salem, and, drum roll, Jake Lever, and that chaps like ding will get back on board - but here's hoping more so that we finally win a bloody flag and don't have to concern ourselves anymore with supporters being in a huff.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Ding...if you're not renewing ( and its not a financial imperitive) in my mind you lose a bit of cred on this site. Still,  ok thats your choice ....but would you mind not trying to talk other people out of jumping in at whatever level they feel to. FFS dude.  

lol at no stage did i try to talk anyone out of doing what they wanted to with their money. In fact i made it clear to anyone with a grasp of English that its what I would do with my money, not what they should do with theirs. 

I seriously worry about the comprehension skills of some MFC supporters. "Respect if you chose to stick with it though." wasnt clear enough mate?

Peace out Wells.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if the Watts trade cost the club 3000-4000 memberships.

What would that translate to in $$$?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ding said:

Thing is, a good start to the year will not be enough to bring many back. We could ace the entire pre-bye period and still miss finals. That is the real measure for a lot of ex-members. Finally bloody deliver. No more promises.

DELIVER Dees. Then and only then will i consider rejoining.

I have already renewed, been a member for 15 years but after last year they are really testing my patience, I’m glad the club took a ruthless approach and traded watts it made me want to jump on board, they are trying to break this loser mentality the whole club has, but saying that finals or bust for me next year it’s time to deliver, have another stuff up year and it will seriously test my loyalty 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Why share it and not expect vigorous feedback, maybe he won't post on here any more either. 

Why creepy Jesus want to explain that or just being an aninymous troll

lol not the first time i have heard that name either, although its not the players favorite lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

What's wrong precious, you posted, don't like replies from other posters, simple don't post in the first place

I kicked every inanimate object on the way home after Rd23 but would never consider not renewing my membership   so as I said Bye

 

images (5).jpg

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, brendan said:

I have already renewed, been a member for 15 years but after last year they are really testing my patience, I’m glad the club took a ruthless approach and traded watts it made me want to jump on board, they are trying to break this loser mentality the whole club has, but saying that finals or bust for me next year it’s time to deliver, have another stuff up year and it will seriously test my loyalty 

 

6 minutes ago, The Stigga said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Watts trade cost the club 3000-4000 memberships.

What would that translate to in $$$?

Make that 2999-3999 memberships.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgraded my membership this year and both kids signed up too.

i must say I do wish the club would be more vocal when things seem to continually go against our club like the draw, umpiring and suspensions that defy any logic compared to other decisions.

if you don’t stand up for yourself you will keep getting trodden on.

PS who’s [censored] are Carlton sucking to get so many prime time slots?!!!!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

That would certainly influence some people. 

A poster reported a while back that the cost to add the Grand Final Guarantee went from $80 in 2016 to $229.  That GFG increase would have been quite a shock to people who are used to buying it for $80.  Personally, I think that is a rip off by the club as my Redlegs membership which has the GFG built in went up by only a small amount in total.

For members who were already disillusioned/disappointed by the clubs performance/decisions that GFG increase (and other price increases) could well have been the straw that broke the camels back and it gave them just another reason to walk away.  

So is that a tax deductible donation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ding said:

. The final straw for me was when i heard ( after round 23 )how our players were smart-mouthing Stk late in the year with ( as reported ) "What are you guys doing in September" or words to that effect. To miss the finals after displaying such rank arrogance had me livid.

 

This is pretty silly.  Sledging happens every game.

Me thinks you've taken it a tad too seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×