• Latest Podcast: Bulldogs

Sign in to follow this  
nutbean

Podcasts

Okay - I am late to arrive on the podcast scene but have now been listening to some great stuff over the last couple of months.

A must listen is "serial" - especially the first one and from the same people "S-town".

The other podcast which i have been enjoying is "those conspiracy guys" - this podcast does not reveal too much new stuff but it is 3 Irish dudes talking a bit of fact and whole lot of really amusing nonsense. I only have to hear an Irish accent and i get the giggles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutbean said:

Okay - I am late to arrive on the podcast scene but have now been listening to some great stuff over the last couple of months.

A must listen is "serial" - especially the first one and from the same people "S-town".

The other podcast which i have been enjoying is "those conspiracy guys" - this podcast does not reveal too much new stuff but it is 3 Irish dudes talking a bit of fact and whole lot of really amusing nonsense. I only have to hear an Irish accent and i get the giggles. 

Yeah,  I'm heavily into podcasts nb ... Movies & TV shows mainly.  But for something different,  'Inside Psycho' & 'Inside The Exorcist' are both extremely good (both rank high on the various podcast charts) 'This American Life' is also quite good.  

For any movie that I've really liked or for a particular favourite movie,  I can listen to as many as 10 podcasts to re-live that film.  Once done,  listening to that many podcasts about a movie often makes one want to watch that particular movie again!

The intriguing part about podcasts is that anyone can do them ... and because of that,  they are not exactly big money-spinners.  In effect,  podcasts are like a community service out in the public domain.  They're here to stay for the same types of reasons.

Here's Podbay's top ranking Film & TV podcasts (click on 'browse' for other categories)

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 1:17 PM, nutbean said:

Serial and S-Town were unreal. Actually looked forward to getting out of bed and heading to work in the morning coz I knew I could get through an episode in the car 

• Like 1

I just finished listening to S-town which was very good. I occasionally listen to the Joe Rogan Experience when he has interesting guests on there which I would recommend checking out. For my more macabre interests there is one called "The Last Podcast On The Left" where 3 comedians go into depth about different serial killers, murders, war crimes and things like that which can be very funny at times and extremely morbid.

14 hours ago, Rafiki said:

I just finished listening to S-town which was very good. I occasionally listen to the Joe Rogan Experience when he has interesting guests on there which I would recommend checking out. For my more macabre interests there is one called "The Last Podcast On The Left" where 3 comedians go into depth about different serial killers, murders, war crimes and things like that which can be very funny at times and extremely morbid.

There is so much good stuff to listen to. Thanks !

I listen to a lot of podcasts now, in no particular order here's some of the better ones I've listed to:

• Serial (both seasons)
  • Black hands
  • Trace
  • Dirty John
  • Crimetown
  • How I Built This
  • Reply All
  • S-Town

Anything by Gimlet seems to be good, very polished and the hosts are always excellent.

On 08/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, Clint Bizkit said:

I listen to a lot of podcasts now, in no particular order here's some of the better ones I've listed to:

• Serial (both seasons)
  • Black hands
  • Trace
  • Dirty John
  • Crimetown
  • How I Built This
  • Reply All
  • S-Town

Anything by Gimlet seems to be good, very polished and the hosts are always excellent.

S-town was quite amazing i thought - it made me happy, sad, smile, cringe and angry at any given minute. John McLemore was the most complex person I think I have heard of.

• Like 1

If you've seen the hit comedy 'The Big Sick' here's an excellent podcast which includes interviews with a number of the stars of the movie (Holly Hunter,  Kumail Nanjiani,  Ray Romano & Emily V Gordon)

The Big Sick (podcast)

I've enjoyed a few podcasts on the commute to work. I really enjoyed Serial. I love TEAM Effort for a laugh. It's Ed Kavalee, Tony Martin and a range of guests. The early Cracked podcasts are interesting and funny. They've really gone downhill over time though.

• Like 1

For history buffs - Slow Burn - a podcast about Watergate - really good.

• Like 2

Here is a dramatised real-life tale of survival worth a listen.  Given up for dead the survivors of a shipwreck remained on a freezing barren island half way between Cape Town & Antarctica for 7 lonely months. 

Tell me a Shipwreck (55 minutes)

On 01/08/2018 at 4:54 PM, nutbean said:

For history buffs - Slow Burn - a podcast about Watergate - really good.

That is an excellent find nb ... I've listened to 4 of the 8 episodes so far and it is first rate and very enlightening.

• Like 1

Came across 3 podcasts lately,  all of which hit upon different themes - The Mafia,  Covert Operations & The World Game.  Worth a look ...