Jump to content

MO FINE

Permission to train list?

Recommended Posts

Do they still have one or do prospective players no longer train with the AFL club's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good question but the clubs aren't in training at the moment. I don't think Melbourne starts till 6 November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the permission to train list is after the draft but before the rookie draft, to give clubs a chance to assess players that missed the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Big Kev said:

I think the permission to train list is after the draft but before the rookie draft, to give clubs a chance to assess players that missed the draft.

Kev, that used to be partly the case when there was a gap between the main draft and the PSD & rookie drafts but these days they're within a couple of days of each other. 

If potential draftees are still allowed to train with AFL clubs then it would most likely be when they come back from the break early next month. However, I'm not sure whether it's necessary any more and after Fremantle drafted Jack Hannath who was training with us a few years ago, I'm not sure that it's such a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be surprised if we invite some Casey boys like Goy Lok or the kiwi fella for a run come first day of pre season.

These are 2 players the days are looking into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Kev, that used to be partly the case when there was a gap between the main draft and the PSD & rookie drafts but these days they're within a couple of days of each other. 

If potential draftees are still allowed to train with AFL clubs then it would most likely be when they come back from the break early next month. However, I'm not sure whether it's necessary any more and after Fremantle drafted Jack Hannath who was training with us a few years ago, I'm not sure that it's such a good idea.

Yes but we did draft Brayshaw after he trained with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I want to know is , ' Is anyone training the house down yet ??? '

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2017 at 10:35 AM, pineapple dee said:

All I want to know is , ' Is anyone training the house down yet ??? '

They are all flying at Flemington, in the bird cage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2017 at 9:35 AM, pineapple dee said:

All I want to know is , ' Is anyone training the house down yet ??? '

Sylvia

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if Howlett has been quietly asked to have a run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willmoy said:

Anyone know if Howlett has been quietly asked to have a run?

Gosh I hope not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Gosh I hope not.

We try not to bring in mediocrity any more, except for maybe an emergency extra ruck.

PS . Sorry was replying to post before yours.

Edited by Redleg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You two blokes would know better than me, no problems. Thought he might have been a possible candidate, seeing as we've picked up two "goodies"

15 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Gosh I hope not.

 

4 hours ago, Redleg said:

We try not to bring in mediocrity any more, except for maybe an emergency extra ruck.

PS . Sorry was replying to post before yours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, pineapple dee said:

All I want to know is , ' Is anyone training the house down yet ??? '

 

23 hours ago, faultydet said:

Sylvia

I reckon he is only one good preseason from a breakthrough year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The permission to train list is an insurance thing. If a club wants a look at someone, they can't just bring them in and work them. If the recruit gets injured the club faces liability issues. Having them on the PTT list means they are covered by the AFL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sydney Pennski said:

Looks like St Kilda are considering a few delisted players who will be training with them over the next week or so -

Saints offer possible lifeline to delisted trio

Circle-work perhaps?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Freddy Fuschia said:

Good to see that we're not going down the path of trying to recycle mediocre footballers. We have four vacancies - give the youngsters a go.

And there you have smart future list construction, made possible by a reasonable current list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×