Jump to content

Whispering_Jack

Max Gawn Contract Extension

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Would leave Tmac and who else as RFAs? 

Nev

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Nev

I can't imagine Nev going anywhere else.

  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demonland said:

 

Don't pay to much MFC he is a good player but has a frail body.

He has had one good season the rest have been average or lost to injury.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demonland said:

I can't imagine Nev going anywhere else.

Definitely not. We gave him a second chance and he's flourished; he seems like a loyal bloke 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I thought Max was disgruntled because the club traded Watts. Guess not.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Oh, I thought Max was disgruntled because the club traded Watts. Guess not.

very dry... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old dee said:

Don't pay to much MFC he is a good player but has a frail body.

He has had one good season the rest have been average or lost to injury.

 

 

Kind of agree on this one OD.  There seems a bigger risk on the investment with Max due to his knees and body generally. We need both his ruck ability at the bounce/ball up and marking power/mobility around the ground. He needs to be able to jump and run.

Could we ask that a clause in his contract stipulates that he is contracted as a footballer and not a comedian. Lets just focus on the footy Max.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, old dee said:

Don't pay to much MFC he is a good player but has a frail body.

He has had one good season the rest have been average or lost to injury.

 

 

This a question I've been pondering od. And not only considering Max.

Lever has been added to the list on a purported 750k for 4 years.

Is not reasonable then, that an established an iconic (not that iconic means possessions) player such as Max demands at least as much?  And what about TMac, I think he's up next year?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hemingway said:

Kind of agree on this one OD.  There seems a bigger risk on the investment with Max due to his knees and body generally. We need both his ruck ability at the bounce/ball up and marking power/mobility around the ground. He needs to be able to jump and run.

Could we ask that a clause in his contract stipulates that he is contracted as a footballer and not a comedian. Lets just focus on the footy Max.  

Agree 100% needs to get back to AA status then he can go back on the Footy Shows!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While comments about Max might be warranted, if there are points of view in any negotiation, one that Max could use, should be, if the ball is coming into the forward line quick enough in 2018, opposition players are going to struggle to get to the contest "en masse" Big advantage Max.

We already know how good he is in his element, and so does Clarry, Viney, Jones and any god dammed palm ruckman whose ever played the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hemingway said:

Kind of agree on this one OD.  There seems a bigger risk on the investment with Max due to his knees and body generally. We need both his ruck ability at the bounce/ball up and marking power/mobility around the ground. He needs to be able to jump and run.

Could we ask that a clause in his contract stipulates that he is contracted as a footballer and not a comedian. Lets just focus on the footy Max.  

Max needs a Good back up or two that are going to be regulars and can help say TMac and maybe Pedo if he is a regular. Max to ruck 60 to 70 percent of the game and rest him forward stretching opposition. However if he is a bit fragile as you say, he should be fit enough to handle at least the 70 percent of the ruck work with comfort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

This a question I've been pondering od. And not only considering Max.

Lever has been added to the list on a purported 750k for 4 years.

Is not reasonable then, that an established an iconic (not that iconic means possessions) player such as Max demands at least as much?  And what about TMac, I think he's up next year?

It's generally accepted that you need to pay more to poach a player than to keep one.  I think the players would understand this as well as anyone.  Lewis will be pushing the mantra that it's worth taking a little less to have a successful team that stays together for multiple premierships.  That should help.  With luck we'll see some of our senior players set the example as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An inform Max Gawn gives our midfielders a great chance of gaining clearances from centre bounces, boundary throw ins and ball ups. You don't give up an advantage like this. We don't have many! Sign him up. Quickly!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2017 at 11:21 PM, Deemented Are Go! said:

Nev

He is the most important, imo.

 I could handle leaving Max until next year to sign. 

If Max becomes one of the highest paid at Mfc,  I hope it is only for 2 seasons.

We can work things out during those 2 seasons, to arrange proper cover on the ruck position.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, corowa said:

An inform Max Gawn gives our midfielders a great chance of gaining clearances from centre bounces, boundary throw ins and ball ups. You don't give up an advantage like this. We don't have many! Sign him up. Quickly!

 

The hawks grew their midfielders into some of the best going this century if not all time, without arm chair service.

Maybe not being spoilt, has a bearing on making the talented Mids rise to their best.

Maybe being spoilt lets some mid players rest, on the good service.

I'd prefer max take pack marks around the ground, And crucially deep forward.

If he isn't doing these things, he isn't worth a Wangaratta Wahini.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gawn is well within his rights to ask for a good deal, 3-4 years and high pay.  He knows his body won't let him play 7 more years.

if we try to shaft him with a poor deal he would leave (so would I) as this is likely the last deal of his career. I'm confident he can get his body right and play a big 3-4 years for us, his knees seem good just unlucky with that hammy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DubDee said:

if we try to shaft him with a poor deal he would leave (so would I) as this is likely the last deal of his career. 

Don’t u mean if we do what the cows did and try to LEVER him!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Gawn is well within his rights to ask for a good deal, 3-4 years and high pay.  He knows his body won't let him play 7 more years.

if we try to shaft him with a poor deal he would leave (so would I) as this is likely the last deal of his career. I'm confident he can get his body right and play a big 3-4 years for us, his knees seem good just unlucky with that hammy

Not suggesting we give him a bad one but he should not be in the best paid group.

74 games over seven years is an average of just over 10 pa. that is not much.

Edited by old dee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, old dee said:

Not suggesting we give him a bad one but he should not be in the best paid group.

74 games over seven years is an average of just over 10 pa. that is not much.

i hear ya but I reckon its a bit harsh on the big fella.  last 3 years he has averaged 16 games/season.  and the missed games in 2015 was partly coz he was in vfl not due to injury

i think he is in our top 5 players and certainly our top 5 most important. so happy to pay him as such

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×