17 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

So Hannah 'The Package' Mouncey can't play in the major league but, oddly, can line up for Ainslie in the suburbs of Canberra. That should be fun for the public servants having a run around just to keep fit.

Seems a bit odd doesn't it? Can't play at the elite level but can play at the next level down. My daughter plays for Queanbeyan (juniors) and she's fairly robust, but when/if she graduates to the seniors who do play Ainslie I'd be concerned about her lining up on Hannah.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2017 at 5:25 PM, Bitter but optimistic said:

Sometimes, but not always, true.

In any case, Mouncey's testosterone levels are well below IOC guidelines.

And finally, she will apparently still be allowed to play in more junior comps where I imagine opposition players would be less skilled in protecting themselves.

My point stands, there is no logic in the AFL's decision.

What would the IOC ruling be if Mouncey decided instead of football, boxing was her sport?

does everyone cheer her on whilst a man beats up a woman just because her testosterone levels say it’s ok?

the AFLs logic is to protect girls being injured and thrown around by a grown arse man in a contact sport.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2017 at 10:29 PM, Return to Glory said:

So Hannah 'The Package' Mouncey can't play in the major league but, oddly, can line up for Ainslie in the suburbs of Canberra. That should be fun for the public servants having a run around just to keep fit.

The ALP girls will stay on message and do nothing, the Greens will put no energy into Defence , the Liberals will argue amongst themselves ,the Nationals will be infighting and "The Package" will have a day out.

19 hours ago, Gipsy Danger said:

What would the IOC ruling be if Mouncey decided instead of football, boxing was her sport?

does everyone cheer her on whilst a man beats up a woman just because her testosterone levels say it’s ok?

the AFLs logic is to protect girls being injured and thrown around by a grown arse man in a contact sport.

You missed my point Gip.

I have no particular interest in the moral, social or physiological debate.

My point was that the AFL was illogical in making a decision that allows Mouncey to play against lesser opposition but not in the main comp.

Logic dictates that Mouncey either be banned from all comps or allowed to participate at any level.

• Like 1

There’s no way I’d allow my daughter to play against Hannah. I’d prefer to look out for my own daughter’s health and safety before caring about Hannah’s feelings. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2

Saw a short on Tele last night that he/she will be interviewed on 60 minutes on Sunday.

On the surface, Hannah doesn’t exactly answer certain questions all that clearly although does state that he/she is still highly attracted to women.

It should be an interesting watch.

13 hours ago, faultydet said:

13 hours ago, Salems Lot said:

Anyway, the AFL's logic in Hannah playing at amateur level and not professional level seems pretty simple and can be pieced together from the 'competitive' and 'paid professional' words.

At a wider level this case does raise the interesting point that Australian football competitions are separated on the basis of both biological sex and identified gender.

There's a funny side thing to it all - as a junior presumably Hannah or any m-f transgender person would have been identified as a boy, an thus had access to dramatically greater sports development, mentoring and competitive opportunities even as a completely ordinary kid. Which brings us all the way around to clarifying the difference between sex and gender. Where sex is the physical differences in your body, and gender is the difference in how society understands who you are.

Just following another tangent, if Australian football had a 'Mulan' scenario where a young girl had pretended to be a boy in order to access the dramatically higher sports resources, they would now have years of extra football development put into them compared to most of the same-age girls and women they later played against.

Edited by george_on_the_outer

3 hours ago, McQueen said:

Saw a short on Tele last night that he/she will be interviewed on 60 minutes on Sunday.

On the surface, Hannah doesn’t exactly answer certain questions all that clearly although does state that he/she is still highly attracted to women.

It should be an interesting watch.

Strange way to go about getting action but not totally unjustified when put into context. Go Girl!!

why are some calling this bloke hannah ?

On 12/11/2017 at 11:38 AM, BarnDee said:

why are some calling this bloke hannah ?

Generally, you call someone by their name...

• Like 4

Medically and scientifically there's no such things as transgender.

Those with gender dysphoria should be getting treatment for their psychological disorder, but unfortunately the gender fluid brigade too often encourage them to identify as whomever they please. 

If you're pre-op you're a bloke in a dress.

If you're post-op you're a bloke with girly bits.

You cannot change your sex.  

• Like 3