Will Brodie was drafted by the Gold Coast Suns last year with Pick #9 in the National Draft (2016). He is a big bodied inside midfielder with a height of 189 cm and weight of 82 kg (as of the start of 2017). He is also in contract, which expires at the end of 2018.

Growing up he was a Melbourne supporter. Generally, this means nothing once a player is drafted and thus bears little influence when trying to acquire them via trade. However, considering he joined that farce of a club, a desire to come home and join the one he once loved may have some merit (being only one year into the system).

Considering Vince, Lewis, and Jones are ageing we will need on-field (and ready) replacements in the not too distant future. This will occur via development, of the likes of Brayshaw, and trade.

Thus, I would like to see MFC table him and the GC Suns a theoretical offer this trade period, even if it is a low-ball offer that is refused, to at least get his attention and interest for next year.

What are your thoughts on him?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We'll also need to see what trade value we have at the end of this period.

If the GC Suns remain near the bottom of the ladder again and his development is perturbed, however, he should come much cheaper (late teens to the early twenties, guessing).

Edited by ignition.

1 hour ago, ignition. said:

Will Brodie was drafted by the Gold Coast Suns last year with Pick #9 in the National Draft (2016). He is a big bodied inside midfielder with a height of 189 cm and weight of 82 kg (as of the start of 2017). He is also in contract, which expires at the end of 2018.

Growing up he was a Melbourne supporter. Generally, this means nothing once a player is drafted and thus bears little influence when trying to acquire them via trade. However, considering he joined that farce of a club, a desire to come home and join the one he once loved may have some merit (being only one year into the system).

Considering Vince, Lewis, and Jones are ageing we will need on-field (and ready) replacements in the not too distant future. This will occur via development, of the likes of Brayshaw, and trade.

Thus, I would like to see MFC table him and the GC Suns a theoretical offer this trade period, even if it is a low-ball offer that is refused, to at least get his attention and interest for next year.

1 hour ago, ignition. said:

Like you say lets give him a sniff and and receive a reaction. Get the ball rolling. 

Don't think he was a Melbourne supporter growing up.

Didn't a bunch of those 1st round draft picks from last year extend their contracts with GCS?

13 hours ago, ignition. said:

We'll also need to see what trade value we have at the end of this period.

If the GC Suns remain near the bottom of the ladder again and his development is perturbed, however, he should come much cheaper (late teens to the early twenties, guessing).

Will Qatar keep the World Cup? Will Suncorp stadium revert to sanddunes and tumbleweeds? The AFL needs to address Queensland football bigtime and merge the two Queensland clubs. That will free up Vic players to come home and allow all the remaining 'Fitzroy' players of these two clubs to have some dignity in their playing careers. What was Brodie's favourite Melbourne player, I wonder. Yes, I would take him.

8 hours ago, bush demon said:

Will Qatar keep the World Cup? Will Suncorp stadium revert to sanddunes and tumbleweeds? The AFL needs to address Queensland football bigtime and merge the two Queensland clubs. That will free up Vic players to come home and allow all the remaining 'Fitzroy' players of these two clubs to have some dignity in their playing careers. What was Brodie's favourite Melbourne player, I wonder. Yes, I would take him.

There will be no merger its not happening.