KC from Casey

Jack Trengove wins Casey B & F

Jack Trengove is the winner of the Casey Demons 2017 Best and Fairest award -  the Gardner-Clark Medal.

The runner up was promising youngster Bayley Fritsch who also won the VFL's Fothergill–Round Medal for 2017 which is presented to the most promising young talent in the VFL competition. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to Jack.  Has provided leadership and stability to Casey, and got lots of possessions.  Good luck to Bayley F getting onto an AFL list

6 hours ago, jnrmac said:

The award that no-one wants to win.......the Casey b&f

I don't get this comment. Why do you say that?

I just hope that there is either a role around the MFC where he can continue to keep involved (whilst off our list and outside our salary cap)!  Love to see him keep playing at Casey and maybe even Captain them to a Premiership. He is too popular and too good a footballer to leave the MFC family when he can obviously contribute at this well and help develop our youngsters. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Great to read him win it.

Also good news regarding Bayley Fritsch. I hope we can pick him up in the draft (ahead of other clubs).

Well done, JT. Good luck for whatever the future brings you.

• Like 3

Great news. JT deserves to smile. He is a champion. Unfortunately injury has cruelled his career. He may find another AFL list but will be a fill in type. 

Perhaps captain of Casey or Sturt in SANFL. 

Best wishes to Jack 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, McQueen said:

I don't get this comment. Why do you say that?

Generally any established player that wins your reserves B&F is normally delisted.  Simply they are starring in the reserves but not getting a game in the 1st's.  Which was Jack's situation.  

But congratulations to Jack on the parting award.

1 hour ago, Darkhorse72 said:

Generally any established player that wins your reserves B&F is normally delisted.  Simply they are starring in the reserves but not getting a game in the 1st's.  Which was Jack's situation.  

But congratulations to Jack on the parting award.

Jesse Hogan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I knew Dustin Martin wouldn't win every award. 

Good work JT. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2017 at 10:04 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

Great news. JT deserves to smile. He is a champion. Unfortunately injury has cruelled his career. He may find another AFL list but will be a fill in type. 

Perhaps captain of Casey or Sturt in SANFL. 

Best wishes to Jack 

On 9/29/2017 at 3:10 PM, CBDees said:

I just hope that there is either a role around the MFC where he can continue to keep involved (whilst off our list and outside our salary cap)!  Love to see him keep playing at Casey and maybe even Captain them to a Premiership. He is too popular and too good a footballer to leave the MFC family when he can obviously contribute at this well and help develop our youngsters. 

We need loyal quality people like JT to develop culture in our Club.

Well done JT ,you could have sulked at what could have been, but you have contributed with all that you have.. We cannot aford to lose him.

• Like 1

Congratulations JT a top footballer and great person cruel'ed by injury, good luck with all future endeavor's and as mentioned by earlier posters it would be great to keep someone of Jack's calibre around the club............................Go Jack.......!!!!!

On 30/09/2017 at 12:28 AM, McQueen said:

Jesse Hogan.

Hogan wasn't able to play senior football that year, that's the key point.

Congrats and many thanks to JT for a great season. A champion individual and leader. Keep going lad. You WILL persevere and succeed in life. 

Interesting to read an article yesterday on how the elite sports coach for Storm decided he could improve Billy Slater's running speed even though he is in his 30's. He rated Slater as having good acceleration but average leg speed so worked with Billy during his 2 years of injury and has measured a 10% increase in leg speed in a 34 year old! And of course it has been on display this season. 

I wonder did we put in the same effort with JT to improve his leg speed over the last 2 or 3 seasons? If Jack had 10% more leg speed would he be AFL standard? Of course Jack's problem may be more about acceleration than absolute speed but you can probably do things to increase your explosiveness as well. 

I never got the impression we were doing anything special for Jack in this area. I noted some repeat sprint work at training early this season but then someone commented on how he seemed to have trimmed down in the lower body this year. The exact opposite you would expect if you want to build speed vs endurance. 

Anyway it is all too late now. 

• Like 1

Wow wins Casey's B&F !

Meanwhile a bloke called Martin who we overlooked, just won a premiership, A Norm Smith and a Brownlow!! 

But Congrats!! 

Gee our recruiting was on the nose then!!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

On 29/09/2017 at 4:08 AM, KC from Casey said:

Jack Trengove is the winner of the Casey Demons 2017 Best and Fairest award -  the Gardner-Clark Medal.

The runner up was promising youngster Bayley Fritsch who also won the VFL's Fothergill–Round Medal for 2017 which is presented to the most promising young talent in the VFL competition. 

Big deal. He tried. He was no good at AFL after about year 2 due to injuries. Nice guy. Another Demons bad luck disaster.

49 minutes ago, Skin Deeamond said:

Big deal. He tried. He was no good at AFL after about year 2 due to injuries. Nice guy. Another Demons bad luck disaster.

We have to try to get our hands on Fritsch.

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Wow wins Casey's B&F !

Meanwhile a bloke called Martin who we overlooked, just won a premiership, A Norm Smith and a Brownlow!! 

But Congrats!! 

Gee our recruiting was on the nose then!!

Our recruiting send us to the deep end at the time.

2 hours ago, PartyTimeJohnny said:

Friend who works in sports media told me Trengove will me getting a rookie spot on the Bulldogs list in 2018

He deserves to have another crack. good luck Trenners

52 minutes ago, Skin Deeamond said:

Like Sam Newman says oh well.