Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Sydney



PaulRB

Farewell Jack Watts

Trade Jack Watts or not?  

477 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Yep. You're right. They got rid of Jack because he dyed his hair blue.

Too be honest I think that was the start of the rot.  It was a mistake but it is was it is, as Mark Neeld would say

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

[censored]!! shocking comparison! 

Well, perhaps I should have made the comparison with Ben Newton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Ouch, keyboard warrior causes flesh wound, if you can't stand the heat precious, stay out of the kitchen

Jack Watts, even to me, had to move on

Saty,

Can you not remember when you meticulously reported the training sessions every couple of days until you got sick of people questioning your commitment, motives, loyalties, etc until you basically stopped reporting?   At the time I didn't blame you because I thought much of the commentary was puerile and simply dumb.  It is a shame to see you become one of those taking cheap potshots at others who care sufficiently to post.  Frankly, I preferred the old, less supercilious version.  FWIW You will be judged by the company you keep.  Find better role models e.g. Old Dee.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack Jack Tappy said:

Actually I'm not, and you are quite rude.  From the start I have held my self back but I won't anymore.  Jack did not come back out of shape, his time trial this year was better than last when he came 5th in the B And F. He gets on great with all the young guys. He is not a bad influence, he trains as well as 80 percent of the boys. He is not Viney. He came back with blue hair which [censored] them off.  He is not ruthless, he treats people with respect.  I don't care what any of you think, Melbourne are back in the Neeld era but with more talent so might survive it. I hope they do for the sake of the beautiful boys they have. There has been a campaign all year to crucify Jack and it has worked but it doesn't pass the pub test.  Finally 18 months of good footy and they trade him, go figure! Do you think Macca is any different to how he was at the Bulldogs? I really wish the Dees well and I'm not a Dees supportor anymore but if you are have a think about how this has happened.

You're not posting from Canada perchance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack Jack Tappy said:

Too be honest I think that was the start of the rot.  It was a mistake but it is was it is, as Mark Neeld would say

Get real Mate. Hair colour last summer was not the issue and if you believe that, this life is going to hit you hard. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Get real Mate. Hair colour last summer was not the issue and if you believe that, this life is going to hit you hard. 

Prey tell ...illuminate us with wisdom SWYL.  

What was the issue ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Prey tell ...illuminate us with wisdom SWYL.  

What was the issue ?

The peroxide locks last summer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The peroxide locks last summer....

Sorry..i thought you said that wasn't the issue ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for all this to stop.

He's gone.

Some will miss him, some won't.

Someone's right, someone's wrong.

Only time will tell and even then, who knows what might have been?

Nothing will bring him back. 

Let's move on...

GO DEES!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'm more interested in the backstory. Why champagne? And why (apparently) hasn't anyone yet taken a sip from theirs? They don't like it?

Tracc forgot to tag Watts into the post.

That's the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One nevers needs excuses to have a Champers ;) A lot of rubbishy sparkling about so beware.

Prosecco is quite acceptable.Brown Bros ..not too shabby as a local.

Probably best we did see the 'before' shot ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Sorry..i thought you said that wasn't the issue ?

It wasn’t to most..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

It wasn’t to most..

Just those looking for a hook to hang upon !! ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jack Jack Tappy said:

Actually I'm not, and you are quite rude.  From the start I have held my self back but I won't anymore.  Jack did not come back out of shape, his time trial this year was better than last when he came 5th in the B And F. He gets on great with all the young guys. He is not a bad influence, he trains as well as 80 percent of the boys. He is not Viney. He came back with blue hair which [censored] them off.  He is not ruthless, he treats people with respect.  I don't care what any of you think, Melbourne are back in the Neeld era but with more talent so might survive it. I hope they do for the sake of the beautiful boys they have. There has been a campaign all year to crucify Jack and it has worked but it doesn't pass the pub test.  Finally 18 months of good footy and they trade him, go figure! Do you think Macca is any different to how he was at the Bulldogs? I really wish the Dees well and I'm not a Dees supportor anymore but if you are have a think about how this has happened.

I have supported Melbourne FC for nearly 60 years, thick & thin, good decisions and bad. I remember the sacking of Norm Smith, the defection of Barrassi, I will always support Melbourne.

I have always supported Jack Watts but now he is a Port player, he was a loyal servant albeit under performing, so we move on.   

I have little time for turncoats, fair weather barrackers such as yourself so Jack Jack Tappy move on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jimcor2 said:

Saty,

Can you not remember when you meticulously reported the training sessions every couple of days until you got sick of people questioning your commitment, motives, loyalties, etc until you basically stopped reporting?   At the time I didn't blame you because I thought much of the commentary was puerile and simply dumb.  It is a shame to see you become one of those taking cheap potshots at others who care sufficiently to post.  Frankly, I preferred the old, less supercilious version.  FWIW You will be judged by the company you keep.  Find better role models e.g. Old Dee.

The poster deserved it, if you post an opinion and someone disagrees, why sulk, why post in the first place

I don't care if some disagree with my opinions, I like if they can articulate why rather than sulk

OD for me is like a lot of MFC supporters, they need something to whinge about, sorry OD

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jack Jack Tappy said:

Too be honest I think that was the start of the rot.  It was a mistake but it is was it is, as Mark Neeld would say

Oh my, the start was when Jack didn't train to the standard that was required after Xmas and disappointed not only the coaches but the players as well

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, the poll should be changed to "Do we trade Jack Watts for pick 31 and salary discounting for 2 years".

 

I realise he didn't have the "eye of the tiger".  I realise he aint someone I'd go to war with.  The whispers now are that "he couldn't accept feedback inside the club". 

 

But if Goodwin's/club is 100% honest, they stated that he should explore his options, and if the right deal came up, then the club would have a look at it.  What the club really meant was "he is gone, we will take the best deal we can get".  The leadership may have even gone to the club and gave a green light for trading him, but again, the deal has to be right.  It wasn't.

 

 

For a club that may push in 2018/19, I'd rather a player that can play multiple positions (forward, pinch-hit ruck +/- back), as a relatively mobile tall; even if he was considered a 'depth' player hereon...than pick 31 and some salary.

 

 

The great thing that Port did, was have the strength to say here is pick 31, and by the way, you will pay part of his salary.  That is pushing a bargain to its limits.  Something we cannot say we did.  No balls in negotiation....no brains either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thread has run it's course

there is nothing new being posted that hasn't been posted before ad nauseum

please refrain from boring repitition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

thread has run it's course

there is nothing new being posted that hasn't been posted before ad nauseum

please refrain from boring repitition

Mate, the whole thread has been full of boring repetition

I doubt anyone's holding a gun to  your head, forcing you to open "The Jack Watts thread"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TGR said:

 

 

The great thing that Port did, was have the strength to say here is pick 31, and by the way, you will pay part of his salary.  That is pushing a bargain to its limits.  Something we cannot say we did.  No balls in negotiation....no brains either.

We don't have many on our list who the footy department would consider expendable/not required, who would attract a 2nd round pick.

Jack admits that he does not live and breathe football. I suspect people with that mindset rarely win flags. Goody and our leadership team want a flag.

Just another part of building of a Premiership list.

I think it's that simple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

thread has run it's course

How about someone accuses someone else of being a Nazi or fascist?

Or accuses a public figure of criminal behaviour.

Those are good reliable thread enders.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

thread has run it's course

there is nothing new being posted that hasn't been posted before ad nauseum

please refrain from boring repitition

Yeah, good point DC. We only want interesting repetition ... :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×