Jump to content

Trade Jack Watts or not?  

474 members have voted

  1. 1. Do we trade Jack Watts?

    • Yes.
      141
    • No.
      311


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Adamant that if we were getting pick 30 it was a rip off. I will still be [censored] if that eventuates. I was never adamant that he was going??

"Lever can't kick mind you, and we just gave up our best user..."

im just stirring the pot mate...nothing malicious..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ChewyOnMyBoot said:

Surely Melbourne wouldn't end up having to pay for any of Jack's contract if he goes to another club!?!!

Woyud it be reported as part of the trade if that was what they ending up agreeing to?

Doubt it.... something that would come out down the track possibly.

But then...a lot about this has been murky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going away to clear his head so he can decide where he wants to go.  Sounds like not many suitors, and no one prepared to pay the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Well that interview was a bunch of pure bull dust...he is in Adelaide for Bernies wedding and has not said he has chosen Port. Fake news

If anyone attends the wedding updates would be greatly appreciated.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One year ago, the club excitedly announced that Jack Watts committed to the club for the next three years.

Trading him for pick 30 to Port (hopefully on full pay) seems quite underwhelming.

I reckon he's more MFC than I am. And that's saying something. I know many here don't give a rat's, but I do.

Sincerely hope the pick we get lands a gold class long term player. I'll be watching it with interest.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JACK Watts wants to play for Port Adelaide.

The Herald Sun has been told Watts on Friday settled on playing for the Power, which has this week announced itself as the AFL’s newest destination club.

Steven Motlop followed Tom Rockliff to Port, with the restricted free agent pair choosing the Power over Adelaide and Gold Coast, and Carlton respectively.

The Watts camp is unlikely to declare his chosen destination given the Jake Stringer-Essendon impasse, but sources close to the forward are adamant he has decided on a fresh start in South Australia........

It is understood the Demons might have to tip in some of Watts’ annual salary of around $500,000 to get a deal for Watts done and gain more traction in next month’s draft.

  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, we have to tip in some of his salary?!

Only Mormons who love Joseph Smith Jnr would agree to this trade.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Seriously, we have to tip in some of his salary?!

Only Mormons who love Joseph Smith Jnr would agree to this trade.

 

Hello !! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't get my head around us having to pay part of his salary and only get a late second round pick for him. I know I'm a dinosaur but I can't see how this doesn't stink. I wish our club would tell Port to go and get farrked.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I can't get my head around us having to pay part of his salary and only get a late second round pick for him. I know I'm a dinosaur but I can't see how this doesn't stink. I wish our club would tell Port to go and get farrked.

Do you know this as fact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

One year ago, the club excitedly announced that Jack Watts committed to the club for the next three years.

Trading him for pick 30 to Port (hopefully on full pay) seems quite underwhelming.

I reckon he's more MFC than I am. And that's saying something. I know many here don't give a rat's, but I do.

Sincerely hope the pick we get lands a gold class long term player. I'll be watching it with interest.

 

Ron...as unpalatable as it may seem..i think the MFC, especially certain quarters talk a lot of shlt !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, binman said:

JACK Watts wants to play for Port Adelaide.

The Herald Sun has been told Watts on Friday settled on playing for the Power, which has this week announced itself as the AFL’s newest destination club.

Steven Motlop followed Tom Rockliff to Port, with the restricted free agent pair choosing the Power over Adelaide and Gold Coast, and Carlton respectively.

The Watts camp is unlikely to declare his chosen destination given the Jake Stringer-Essendon impasse, but sources close to the forward are adamant he has decided on a fresh start in South Australia........

It is understood the Demons might have to tip in some of Watts’ annual salary of around $500,000 to get a deal for Watts done and gain more traction in next month’s draft.

What has Jack's decision got to do with Stringer's situation? They are completely different.

Dogs wanted pick 11 and Bombers traded it.

Port has picks we would accept.

I don't like the paying part of his salary bit. If it is Port they have got the money to pay Rockliff and Motlop.

I would say to any suitor, you want him, you pay his salary or he stays a Demon.

I wonder if his manager or the Cats are involved in this delay. 

There is no way he hasn't decided who he wants to play with, other than us. He has had a few weeks to decide.

I smell a rat.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mo64 said:

Do you know this as fact?

Reported in the herald sun as a possibility for what it is worth. I'm saying if it is true we should clench our buttocks for fear of being violated.

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Lets just suppose for a moment Ron might be a lot closer to the mark than wise.:rolleyes:

Ok so it's just conjecture as far as you're concerned

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is this serial underperformer  going to pissoff Geesssus!!!

Yawn yawn yawn who cares ?

the world moves on and so does the MFC

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Yep, every employee uncritically loves their employer in priority to their fellow employees irrespective of how their fellow employees are treated (with whom they actually have a friendship).

Feels like I'm trying to convice Kansas that Earth is actually part of a heliocentric solar system - not the centre of the universe and not 6,000 years old.

Bloody hell.

 

 

But you said the players weren't happy, texting each other etc - I just asked whether you knew that for a fact or were just spitballing. Not having a go mate, I think you're a good poster and don't want to get involved in a [censored] for tat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Reported in the herald sun as a possibility for what it is worth. I'm saying if it is true we should clench our buttocks for fear of being violated.

Chook, I've been told, on very good authority, that that tactic is not necessarily successful.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Spot on mate. They have picked up quality in return for.little..we have sold the farm for a 21 year old potential star and will recruit a bunch of fringe types in the mould of.Vandenberg, Bail, Mitchie etc etc. Dumb move. I couldn't care loss if Watts left, but to get bugger all in return gives me.the [censored]$$$$. Lever can't kick mind you, and we just gave up our best user...we still have not one player with elite foot skills in our side..Viney can't kick, Jones can't kick, hibberd can't kick, Oliver refuses to kick...where does it end....

Lever is a very good kick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redleg said:

What has Jack's decision got to do with Stringer's situation? They are completely different.

Dogs wanted pick 11 and Bombers traded it.

Port has picks we would accept.

I don't like the paying part of his salary bit. If it is Port they have got the money to pay Rockliff and Motlop.

I would say to any suitor, you want him, you pay his salary or he stays a Demon.

I wonder if his manager or the Cats are involved in this delay. 

There is no way he hasn't decided who he wants to play with, other than us. He has had a few weeks to decide.

I smell a rat.

 

Well Stephen Wells said that Watts' salary wasn't an issue for the Cats. They just couldn't give us what we want.

If we have to pay part of his salary, it's neither here nor there. The FD don't want him, so if we have to pay $100k, it's immaterial.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ok so it's just conjecture as far as you're concerned

Its not the only possibility

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Reported in the herald sun as a possibility for what it is worth. I'm saying if it is true we should clench our buttocks for fear of being violated.

this is becoming more of a farce by the hour...

why am I not surprised anymore by the MFC.

By the way... anyone remember Woewodin who we traded to Collingwood and then part paid his salary while he became a valuable cog in their Grand Final Team.

We are the team that keeps giving !!

And yes... we were paying W way too much based on his Brownlow year in 2000

Edited by Diamond_Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want Jack to leave. Absolutely love him. I'm sure many posters can put forward plausible, well founded arguments for Jack and the clubs to part ways ...and I'm not saying they're wrong. It may be a good move for club and player. But I'll miss him if he moves on. For all his faults (which are relentlessly scrutinized), I have no doubt he loves the club. So I'm hoping for a miracle...

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mo64 said:

Well Stephen Wells said that Watts' salary wasn't an issue for the Cats. They just couldn't give us what we want.

If we have to pay part of his salary, it's neither here nor there. The FD don't want him, so if we have to pay $100k, it's immaterial.

Might also suggest no one has to pay it all ?? Just provide a pick or two ? ( The right one(s) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mo64 said:

Well Stephen Wells said that Watts' salary wasn't an issue for the Cats. They just couldn't give us what we want.

If we have to pay part of his salary, it's neither here nor there. The FD don't want him, so if we have to pay $100k, it's immaterial.

You only do that when you get a better pick. If we do that and get a poor pick we have caved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Spot on mate. They have picked up quality in return for.little..we have sold the farm for a 21 year old potential star and will recruit a bunch of fringe types in the mould of.Vandenberg, Bail, Mitchie etc etc. Dumb move. I couldn't care loss if Watts left, but to get bugger all in return gives me.the [censored]$$$$. Lever can't kick mind you, and we just gave up our best user...we still have not one player with elite foot skills in our side..Viney can't kick, Jones can't kick, hibberd can't kick, Oliver refuses to kick...where does it end....

One of the best posts on this topic. You are spot on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×