•  

Trade Jack Watts or not?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. Do we trade Jack Watts?

• Yes.
    • No.

4 minutes ago, DV8 said:

And stigga this is the problem with watts, & with too many around the club.

He wants to be around, for where others carry the club too.

He doesn't want to miss out on all the festivities, If or when.  He is not a lifter, he is a leaner.

His mindset should read, "I am going to shape this club towards winning and success.

He just wants to be at the party with the boys.

These young men have hardly had a life

I observed a young T Cloke growing up and watched him as his spirit, creativity and sense of fun disappear, as his footy consumed him 24/7

This could be JW's version of teenage angst

• Like 1

Just interested to know how many of those that would trade Jack for his off-feild behavior would have sacked Oliver after his drink driving at the start of the season and how many of those still would now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Redleg said:

To me it looks like Jack would prefer the Cats, but they are playing a game saying they can't get the deal done. We have obviously asked for their 20 and they have refused.

Port has made him an offer and we would accept their 29.

If Jack says Port the deal will be done instantly.

I think the Cats have told him to hold on, to see if they can bluff us, or find out the Motlop compo.

If we hold firm I think we either get 20 from the Cats or 29 from Port.

;)

18 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Just interested to know how many of those that would trade Jack for his off-feild behavior would have sacked Oliver after his drink driving at the start of the season and how many of those still would now.

Oliver is the hardest trainer at the club, never stops trying on-field. JW, well....the opposite.

• Like 1

Just now, SFebey said:

Oliver is the hardest trainer at the club, never stops trying on-field. JW, well....the opposite.

In your opinion....

What does his latest Instagram post suggest? Seems to be Sandringham with the caption "nothing has changed, see you soon".

If he doesn't nominate a club, does he stay?

Just now, jumbo returns said:

In your opinion....

I'm fairly sure it was Vineys opinion about Oliver being the hardest trainer, last to leave the club. As for JW, it's all there for you to see.

• Like 1

I've got the feeling he doesn't really want to go interstate, but might go to the cats who can't satisfy us with pick 20, so still a chance to stay in my book.

6 minutes ago, SFebey said:

I'm fairly sure it was Vineys opinion about Oliver being the hardest trainer, last to leave the club. As for JW, it's all there for you to see.

And there's good stuff, too....

4 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

I've got the feeling he doesn't really want to go interstate, but might go to the cats who can't satisfy us with pick 20, so still a chance to stay in my book.

I thought #20 was off the table??

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

Too much corporate claptrap.

He needs to lay more tackle, chase harder and help creat turnovers instead of being a receiver.

Simples

According to the stats (yes the stats can be misleading at times) he’s actually not as bad as we think with his tackling and pressure acts. 

I feel the clubs biggest frustration with him is his performance levels being so extreme. When he’s bad he’s a liability but when he’s on he’s our link man delivering the ball on a platter for others. The other major frustration (if I’m reading into what’s being said here and in the media) is that he doesn’t take ownership of his standards outside the club. The coaches and leadership group have spoken to him about it but it sounds like he shrugs them off. Nothing concrete has ever been confirmed about his pre-season this year but clearly he wasn’t up to standard. 

If he stays (and I should say I’m one that would like that) then those areas will need to be his focus. If only there was a way to imprint Viney’s hunger and attitude onto Watts’ mind!

9 minutes ago, praha said:

What does his latest Instagram post suggest? Seems to be Sandringham with the caption "nothing has changed, see you soon".

Cryptic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Exactly , which is why it may be difficult for him to move 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

And there's good stuff, too....

Absolutely & I love JW's good stuff but we are trying to build a culture and set standards and the FD & LG have identified that he's a problem.

Edited by SFebey

On 10/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, Satyriconhome said:

Nearly right, have opinions on players, don't always share them, but in this case

Watts, agree with FD , for whatever reason is not where he should be in terms of consistency of performance after 9 years and can understand where Goody is coming from

If he goes, he goes, 22 make a team, support whoever is on the field in that 22 representing the Red and Blue

I find most threads amusing, some of the unintended hilarity is breathtaking 

I was in the intended hilarity yesterday, and last Friday week day....

25 minutes ago, SFebey said:

How many training sessions do you attend?😳He seems to train pretty hard to me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Absolutely & I love JW's good stuff but we are trying to build a culture and set standards.

Standards can be set quite quickly and easily

Hope he ènjoys playing at Casey on a dimly lit, cold Saturday night

17 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Maybe we swap for Motlop?

• Shocked 1

Just now, jumbo returns said:

Standards can be set quite quickly and easily

Hope he ènjoys playing at Casey on a dimly lit, cold Saturday night

Some players can take up to 9+ years 

26 minutes ago, praha said:

Just saw the same thing... Not sure what it means, might have reference to the girl tagged in the photo. Hopefully it's cryptic for him staying

30 minutes ago, SFebey said:

So you're saying that you've actually seen him train poorly?

Jack's cryptic Instagram post, for those who haven't seen it yet. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, ChewyOnMyBoot said:

So you're saying that you've actually seen him train poorly?

Actually yes on one occasion. But I'll back the FD and LG in here in regards to JW

4 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:

Jack's cryptic Instagram post, for those who haven't seen it yet. 

Cracking photo I must say

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Actually yes on one occasion. But I'll back the FD and LG in here in regards to JW

So he's trained poorly on 'one occasion' in the last nine years! Obviously needs to be traded for whatever we can get otherwise his standards might be contagious! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1