Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Jack Watts

PaulRB

Trade Jack Watts or not?  

477 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Biffen said:

With that logic I'm going to put the house on Winx .

But only for a place.

well it paid 1.02 last outing for a place.   

It took over 2 mins to do.

average house price in Melb ...around $850, 000

so a return of $17000  for less time than to make a coffee....not too shabby ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biffen said:

With that logic I'm going to put the house on Winx .

But only for a place.

Don't be ridiculous

You don't own a house son

Pseudo intellectuals like you spend your time on forums trying to make others feel silly, and thus avoid any introspection.

And stalking the posts of your intellectual superiors :)

9 minutes ago, robbiefrom13 said:

It is so disappointing to see diversity at MFC being flushed away in the general trend to right-wing thuggery that is ascendant in the western world today.  So disappointing.  I'm old, and I remember different times.

Please. I'm a lefty Green voter. ProDee's right wing views are well known here. It appears we are of a like mind on this issue. This is footy. Don't link this footy club decision with politics.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Stretch Johnson said:

Don't be ridiculous

You don't own a house son

Pseudo intellectuals like you spend your time on forums trying to make others feel silly, and thus avoid any introspection.

And stalking the posts of your intellectual superiors :)

I can clearly see why you call yourself Stretch.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

well it paid 1.02 last outing for a place.   

It took over 2 mins to do.

average house price in Melb ...around $850, 000

so a return of $17000  for less time than to make a coffee....not too shabby ;)

You've discounted Stamp duty, and real estate agents fees.

So a loss overall.

• Haha 1

For those interested. 

For the Watts haters, please direct comments to Ralphy, I'm just doing a copy and paste.

---

IS JACK WATTS REALLY THAT BAD?
Jon Ralph - Herald Sun

JACK Watts is gone from Melbourne, pushed out in an amazing turn of events.

He probably doesn’t care to look back any more given he has moved on to touring clubs like Geelong and Port Adelaide.

-----------

Edited by Grapeviney
Please don't copy and paste the full text of articles
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Older demon said:

"Dogs, Demons want it both ways on Jake Stringer and Jack Watts, says their manager"

"Who do they think they are? Player managers? We'll do the having it both ways, thank you very much", Connors continued.

5 hours ago, Older demon said:

"It's a total backflip, for mine. He's contracted, so there's an option. But again, it's really hard to go back to an organisation where he's probably not welcome."

"We'll do the backflipping around here" said Connors sternly. "And we will backflip, have it both ways, and do whatever else it takes to extract more fees from .... I mean, get better deals for my clients. The clubs can go to hell. Unless they up their offers in which case I will praise their professionalism."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

IS JACK WATTS REALLY THAT BAD?

Jon Ralph - Herald Sun

JACK Watts is gone from Melbourne, pushed out in an amazing turn of events.

(etc)

I presume "Ralphy" read some Champion Data stats and learned that JW is elite for hard arsed-ness, top 2 in the comp for crawling over broken glass, and third for stopping bullets with his teeth.

Maybe he's never actually watched MFC play?

40 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I really hope the trade goes down to the wire Thursday week, and then somebody accidentally faxes /emails the paperwork at 2:01pm.

Then Watts kicks a career high 5 goals/12 marks  in our season opening win against Collingwood next year.

The way it is going there will not be any trades done. this is amazing. Boring too!

Stephen Wells just said on Trade Radio that the Cats are unlikely to be able to do a deal for Jack Watts to come to Geelong.

So why in the world did they bother with a tour and showing some interest in him?  Or are the Cats being tight with what they have?  Either way, sounds more and more like Jack will head to Port Adelaide.

2 hours ago, robbiefrom13 said:

Seems there are some who would "dream of recruiting him".  

Dangerfield?   Roos?  Hinkley, etc etc.  Lot of interest...

Dangerfield has first-hand experience, from this year, of how Watts could strip him of the ball and deliver...  

This IS, clearly, about how we judge people.  Watts is a larger-than-life PERSON, and has attracted opinions like a magnet ever since he curved in that first goal for Sandringham.  I think he has a charismatic presence, and the Moloneys, Neelds, Joneses of the club have never understood his particular differentness.  But, in their unimaginative focus on what they themselves were, they couldn't accept and embrace the obvious excellences he brought, in skill, intelligence and human culture (morale - like Gawn).  Some would say a club needs such people in the goldfishbowl.  

Some historian once observed that nobody studying American History had any idea whether or not Abraham Lincoln balanced the budget; nobody cared either, because he abolished slavery.  Lots of illegitimate children, I've heard, to coloured women - starting to get criticised now, but not really what his place in history really is either.  Well, Watts' contribution to the club has been woefully handled since day one.  His leads have been ignored forever, and you say he can't mark overhead - I remember a lot of last-line-of-defence marks he's taken late in the quarter.  But, even since we have all known he is the absolute best finisher in the team, still they ignore his leads into space.  Jones as much as anyone.  Watts' place in the history of MFC is going to be recognised as a lost opportunity; and while there'll no doubt be criticism of his application, the story of how he was not boosted up by being USED to the maximum, not recognised for what he was, is going to be clearer and clearer over time.  I'll bet it will be coupled with the criticism of Jurrah's "defensive skills", which drowned out appreciation of what he did bring - unmatched goal-kicking - and general kicking - instinct and prowess.

It is so disappointing to see diversity at MFC being flushed away in the general trend to right-wing thuggery that is ascendant in the western world today.  So disappointing.  I'm old, and I remember different times.  

I wasn't going to have any more to say on Demonland, but, boy some of the flat denial of the obvious is provoking.

Sorry, but are ypu suggesting Dangerfield has a say in the recruitmemt at Geelong? If so, he absolutely doesn't.

9 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Stephen Wells just said on Trade Radio that the Cats are unlikely to be able to do a deal for Jack Watts to come to Geelong.

So why in the world did they bother with a tour and showing some interest in him?  Or are the Cats being tight with what they have?  Either way, sounds more and more like Jack will head to Port Adelaide.

Think their lack of picks is really starting to bite. They were hoping to persuade players to head to GCS so they didn't have to use their highest pick on GAJ, and that didn't happen. They were hoping to get a big compo pick for Motlop, and that's unlikely to happen. So the cupboard is bare.

You could be right about PA.

2 minutes ago, A F said:

Sorry, but are ypu suggesting Dangerfield has a say in the recruitmemt at Geelong? If so, he absolutely doesn't.

No, I think the club wants to recruit him, and they're using Dangerfield & Selwood to try to win him over. Good bait.

Edited by Akum

1 hour ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I am genuinely interested in what @Satyriconhome has to say about the entire Watts fiasco.

Fire away scooter-mcGee.

he doesnt care who plays for the Dees once they give 100%

he finds all the hysteria in this thread amusing and looks down his nose at us fools.

but he is crying on the inside

• Like 2