4 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Barely?  I'd disagree with that.  He makes the odd poor decision from time to time, but more often than not when he's not trying to take a huge risk he can hit a target.  He has been able to improve over time, although it would be nice to see him improve even more.

I highlight the kick-out against the Filth in the last round. Sure, it is only one example, but what a critically bad time to make such an error in disposal and judgement. That for me right there told me that he hasn't come as far as what you allude to Wise.

5 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

I highlight the kick-out against the Filth in the last round. Sure, it is only one example, but what a critically bad time to make such an error in disposal and judgement. That for me right there told me that he hasn't come as far as what you allude to Wise.

I disagree.  He's a beautiful set shot at goal, something you wouldn't have expected from him a few years ago.  That's just one example.

However, I can't see either of us changing our opinion, so let's leave it at that rather than going on and on for a few pages.  Cheers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

1 decision within one high pressure situation within one high pressure game? Appropriate sample size.

Tom is a good long straight kick, but average short-middle distance. His decision-making has been poor, but he has learnt to generally not try to thread the needle, as he is not an elite kick. Beyond that, he's actually not too bad, yet better suited to being forward of the ball where he just needs to focus on kicking long & straight when he gets it.

Deciding where exactly to place the ball and how to weight it to deliver it to a moving teammate is where his kicking skill lacks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

He's a beautiful set shot at goal, something you wouldn't have expected from him a few years ago.

He is rather accurate in front of the sticks i agree. He also has a huge tank and is a great overhead mark, so i think playing him up forward is a smart move that should pay handsomely once he and Hogan get in sync with each other.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2017 at 10:28 AM, Bitter but optimistic said:

Thanks Wise - I just love that saying.

I always thought you'd be more of a 'good above the knees and below the waist' type of fella BBO?

• Haha 1

Fox Footy still hasn't listed the Draft in their program guide, 6 days out. 

People complain about club websites.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Maybe Optus picked up the rights like they did with the EPL. Never mind. It’s as boring as hell and we won’t feature in the first half anyway.

1 hour ago, Pink Freud said:

Maybe Optus picked up the rights like they did with the EPL. Never mind. It’s as boring as hell and we won’t feature in the first half anyway.

I only want to watch the second half.

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

17 NAB AFL Draft

Friday 24 November

7:00 PM AEDT

Fox Footy

SEN

3AW

AFL Live Pass

At least the AFL site now has some info even though Fox Footy doesn't.