Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hell Bent    1,190

Spencer, Hulett, White and Trengove ALL delisted today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unleash Hell    1,236
22 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

Vital Dread on BF has a connection with Casey and has indicated the following:

Hulett Gone
King One year deal
Spencer Gone
Trengove Gone
Vandenberg rookie list/one year
White gone
Vince one year vet contract
Flip one year

Also, Kent looking elsewhere.

No mention of Kennedy (is he even out of contract this year for certain?)

IMO his mail has been solid in the past 

Solid info

Cheers 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord Travis    1,892

Sad end to the career of Trengove. His first few years were great and showed such promise, to the point he was made the youngest AFL captain in AFL history. He was neck and neck with Dustin Martin for the first few years, but then injuries ruined him. Supremely talented player, cross between Jimmy Bartel and James Hird. A friend of mine who's currently an assistant coach of another AFL club said he was viewed by most clubs as one of the best young talents in decades, leadership, skill, bravery, he was the full panache. Shame to see his body let him down and prevent him from fulfilling his potential.

Thanks for all the hard work Trenners. 

  • Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McQueen    8,077

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:
  22 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

Vital Dread on BF has a connection with Casey and has indicated the following:

Hulett Gone
King One year deal
Spencer Gone
Trengove Gone
Vandenberg rookie list/one year
White gone
Vince one year vet contract
Flip one year

Also, Kent looking elsewhere.

No mention of Kennedy (is he even out of contract this year for certain?)

IMO his mail has been solid in the past 

@Beetle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buck_nekkid    852

No surprises here.  Now we upgrade, trade and draft our way to a stronger list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Garland. Kennedy. Stay for depth. Surely Kennedy gets a chance. 

Kent trade?  West Coast??

Vandenburg rookied?

that would create 5 list spots (4 spots as J Smith promoted).   Lever and 3 draftees around 35,45,59. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bing181    3,958
2 hours ago, Judd's Granny said:

Ben Kennedy will only remain on list if trade for Kent is found. Kent is seeking trade, let's hope he gets one

Guessing, or that's what you've heard from "sources close to the club"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bing181 said:

Guessing, or that's what you've heard from "sources close to the club"?

This has come from 2 separate sources. Perth based family of a current player and Melbourne based family of a current player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Judd's Granny said:

Ben Kennedy will only remain on list if trade for Kent is found. Kent is seeking trade, let's hope he gets one

Surely Ben Ken has got to go?  When he couldn't get a game this year at the depths of our injury woes, then that has to say something.  You'd think he has some minor trade currency for someone like GC but I wouldn't expect to see anything exciting for him, perhaps a swap of final round draft picks or something ... I'd swap him for the Son of God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Surely Ben Ken has got to go?  When he couldn't get a game this year at the depths of our injury woes, then that has to say something.  You'd think he has some minor trade currency for someone like GC but I wouldn't expect to see anything exciting for him, perhaps a swap of final round draft picks or something ... I'd swap him for the Son of God.

I agree, he should have been on delisted list yesterday. He was rated very highly by MFC, we almost used high draft pick to originally draft him. They followed his progress closely at Collingwood and were extremely excited to finally recruit him. However Goodwin is not a fan, and rightly so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deeoldfart    2,361
9 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes. Garland. Kennedy. Stay for depth. Surely Kennedy gets a chance. 

Kent trade?  West Coast??

Vandenburg rookied?

that would create 5 list spots (4 spots as J Smith promoted).   Lever and 3 draftees around 35,45,59. 

Upgrade Maynard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clint Bizkit    12,963
On 9/6/2017 at 2:43 PM, GUS BUS said:

I would never delist Bugg - he's exactly what we need.

We need good footballers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fifty-5    4,584
9 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Vandenburg rookied?

We have to de-list VDB and then re-draft him in the Rookie Draft to achieve this.  Other clubs have 2 free swings at him as a De-listed FA and then ahead of us in the RD.   

The players that you consider this strategy for are players on the Senior List that have contracts that you should honour but that you don't really care one way or another about retaining.  You guarantee you'll rookie them if no-one else picks them up.

Many here were suggesting we do this with Hunt two years ago but we because we valued him we retained him on the list. If we value VDB then we should retain him.

Edited by Fifty-5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mauriesy    2,482

Aren't Kennedy and Kent contracted to the end of 2018?

Apart from yesterday's delistings, the other players coming out of contract this year are vandenBerg, King, Vince and Weideman.

I'd expect a year (or two) extension for all four.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnrmac    7,905
On 9/11/2017 at 9:26 PM, bing181 said:

Thought you had to have 10 years at the club?

Though thought these vet contracts were being phased out?

A 1 yr contract should get Vince to 100 MFC games barring injury.

We'll have the best looking father sons going around.....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
old dee    10,685
12 hours ago, mauriesy said:

Aren't Kennedy and Kent contracted to the end of 2018?

Apart from yesterday's delistings, the other players coming out of contract this year are vandenBerg, King, Vince and Weideman.

I'd expect a year (or two) extension for all four.

Kennedy final year was this season 2017.

all over for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akum    2,455
On 12 September 2017 at 6:12 PM, Lord Travis said:

Sad end to the career of Trengove. His first few years were great and showed such promise, to the point he was made the youngest AFL captain in AFL history. He was neck and neck with Dustin Martin for the first few years, but then injuries ruined him. Supremely talented player, cross between Jimmy Bartel and James Hird. A friend of mine who's currently an assistant coach of another AFL club said he was viewed by most clubs as one of the best young talents in decades, leadership, skill, bravery, he was the full panache. Shame to see his body let him down and prevent him from fulfilling his potential.

Thanks for all the hard work Trenners. 

Great post. Too easy to forget how damn good he was in 2010 & 2011.

What struck me about Trengove in his early days was his sheer footy intelligence for such a young player. He so often seemed to be in the right spot at the right time, or was able when in heavy traffic to hit up the teammate in space. This stood out in that game against Port in Darwin where he alone out of all the much more experienced players (& coaches) fully grasped the situation at the end of the game. At a stoppage near goal when scores were level, he went third man up to hit it through for a point (both of which you could do at the time) and got us an unlikely win. 

There was another game, I think it was against Essendon, where we had been several goals behind but came back in the third quarter and beginning of the last. Watts had the ball on the wing, kicking into a congested forward line and Trengove timed his lead into space perfectly, then drilled a difficult set shot to put our noses in front. I think Essendon seized back the initiative and won in the end, but just that characteristic of being in the right place at the right time and executing a difficult task at a critical point in the game was just so typical of Trengove in his first & second years.

I always hoped that maybe this level of footy smarts might overcome the constraints of his injury, but those constraints were too great in the end. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pates    2,828
On 12/09/2017 at 9:21 AM, bandicoot said:

Would trengove be rookied?

I think this needs to be a clean break between us, he's not a part of our future. That is now a stone cold (sad) fact. I hope he gets another chance somewhere. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×