Jump to content

Demonland

Post Match Discussion - Round 23

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I said 3 or four games back we need every morsel of percentage we can scrape up. Now it all comes down to this.

Edited by america de cali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like a typical script of the MFC for the last 50yrs I followed them!

Continued heartbreak after heartbreak for its suffering members/supporters!

Bar a miracle in the last qtr its just another failed chapter of the MFC failure!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, demonchris said:

Im not here to start any trouble. Im also incredibly angry and upset. The thought of Melbourne playing finals made me feel like a little kid. I am giddy and excited. After yesterdays loss, I was pretty close to throwing the baby out with the bath water (Thank Chris Scott for my use of that saying). Realistically, the chances of us winning the premiership this year were never high, nor should they have been. But the fact we still are in with that chance should be a case for optimism. 

 

I'm probably not making much sense to some of you. Im not making much sense to myself either. Im still trying to comprehend how I am currently feeling. But the key thing i think we should all remember is just how far we have come in 3 years. This is the first year we will finish with a positive W/L record for over a decade, the emergence (Not prospects) of some ripper young talent holds us in good stead. 

 

Lets put this in a different light, we are sitting in finals contention and this year alone we have had:

Jesse Hogan's issues (His father, cancer, suspension, collar bone, hamstring)

Suspensions (Lewis, Vince, Bugg, Hogan etc)

Max Gawn missing approximately 3 months

Jack Viney's plantar fascia

Angus Brayshaw's concussions

I could keep listing thing after thing, but its not the point. The point is, we are a chance of playing week 1 of finals. That is bloody exciting. I know theres a chance we might miss out. Thats no different from the last 11 years then is it? The fact is we are actually able to re-load and have a real red hot go next year (Not the old "Next year will be our year line").

 

Things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

 

 

we are not in finals contention we are just making up the numbers believing we are there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, demonchris said:

Im not here to start any trouble. Im also incredibly angry and upset. The thought of Melbourne playing finals made me feel like a little kid. I am giddy and excited. After yesterdays loss, I was pretty close to throwing the baby out with the bath water (Thank Chris Scott for my use of that saying). Realistically, the chances of us winning the premiership this year were never high, nor should they have been. But the fact we still are in with that chance should be a case for optimism. 

 

I'm probably not making much sense to some of you. Im not making much sense to myself either. Im still trying to comprehend how I am currently feeling. But the key thing i think we should all remember is just how far we have come in 3 years. This is the first year we will finish with a positive W/L record for over a decade, the emergence (Not prospects) of some ripper young talent holds us in good stead. 

 

Lets put this in a different light, we are sitting in finals contention and this year alone we have had:

Jesse Hogan's issues (His father, cancer, suspension, collar bone, hamstring)

Suspensions (Lewis, Vince, Bugg, Hogan etc)

Max Gawn missing approximately 3 months

Jack Viney's plantar fascia

Angus Brayshaw's concussions

I could keep listing thing after thing, but its not the point. The point is, we are a chance of playing week 1 of finals. That is bloody exciting. I know theres a chance we might miss out. Thats no different from the last 11 years then is it? The fact is we are actually able to re-load and have a real red hot go next year (Not the old "Next year will be our year line").

 

Things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

 

 

The problem is that they had the opportunity on a number of occassions to actually have a go this season

they failed every time,  no excuses no injuries  the players lost it because they diidnt care enough to win 

again Careys words "Pathetic"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just cant wait for the pre seson, training the house down every player a star  on fire  supporters juice dup again Whats going to change?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rubbish 

You muppet Gonzo.

If we were good enough we would be playing them. Boom.

Rubbish to you.

You were wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rubbish 

You muppet Gonzo.

If we were good enough we would be playing them. Boom.

Rubbish to you.

You were wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So wce have something to play for and play accordingly and we have something to play for and choke under the pressure and expectation.

It seems like this club never learns their lessons. 

Really disappointing end to the season. 

Its gunna be a long preseason and I tell u what it will take a lot next season for me to believe they have turned it around. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Like everyone here I am hurting to the core of my being and shedding a few tears for the lost opportunity.

However, I am thinking of our young guys, the ones who are going to take us forward.  Wherever they are, I hope the leaders are getting around them.  This will cut deep and we don't want it to scar them - this isn't their fault!

They (and us) have been let down time and time again by failed leaders during games and leaders who time and again got suspended.  In the main the young guys have worked their guts out to the very end.   

I hold our leaders totally responsible for this fiasco.  I don't care if they are hurting or not - tonight they need to look after the young guys.   

 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not hurting. Having a red. Totally disenchanted with the Clubs position and rhetoric. 

Roll on 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Like everyone here I am hurting to the core of my being and shedding a few tears for the lost opportunity.

However, I am thinking of our young guys, the ones who are going to take us forward.  Wherever they are, I hope the leaders are getting around them.  This will cut deep and we don't want it to scar them - this isn't their fault!

They (and us) have been let down time and time again by failed leaders during games and leaders who time and again got suspended.  In the main the young guys have worked their guts out to the very end.   

I hold our leaders totally responsible for this fiasco.  I don't care if they are hurting or not - tonight they need to look after the young guys.   

 

Our young players ARE the leaders. When we were 7 goals down, it was Petracca and ANB and Hunt and Oliver who got us back into the game. None of our leadership group did that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rubbish 

lol not so much rubbish now hey Doc?

You owe someone an apology, like our team owes its supporters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chook said:

Our young players ARE the leaders. When we were 7 goals down, it was Petracca and ANB and Hunt and Oliver who got us back into the game. None of our leadership group did that.

Therein lies the tragedy.  And they are the guys I am worried about...they stood up.  They must be feeling very disillusioned right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2017 at 4:23 PM, Nasher said:

Couldn't stick a tackle. Fumbles galore.

I think objectively we were okay for three quarters, but after the game was bloody nearly put out of reach.

Gosh that was a deflating performance.  I try very hard not to take losses to heart, but by golly I'm going to struggle not to feel filthy for the rest of the weekend.

Hey Nash.  I agree whole heartedly.  But it's OK, you can let out a [censored] every now and then.  Even a [censored] or a poo.  Especially after today's result.  Any kind of expletive that's more up to date than gosh or golly.  The admin cops won't hold it against you, I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bjDee said:

Hey Nash.  I agree whole heartedly.  But it's OK, you can let out a [censored] every now and then.  Even a [censored] or a poo.  Especially after today's result.  Any kind of expletive that's more up to date than gosh or golly.  The admin cops won't hold it against you, I'm sure.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

You muppet Gonzo.

If we were good enough we would be playing them. Boom.

Rubbish to you.

You were wrong.

You said "we are not ready for finals" which as I pointed out is clearly rubbish. I understand people are angry, I am too, but this rubbish about we're not ready, we're not good enough etc is [censored]. We were easily a top 6 team this year and [censored] ourselves in the foot time and again with losses to rubbish teams and failing to kill off teams when we had the opportunity. We maintain the 32 point lead against the Lions last week we're in finals. We beat Freo/Hawks/North/Pies we're in finals and likely hosting an EF or playing in a QF.

To say we are not ready implies the players are still too young which is rubbish. They are good enough now and they shat the bed, I hope it [censored] stings them all summer.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Like everyone here I am hurting to the core of my being and shedding a few tears for the lost opportunity.

However, I am thinking of our young guys, the ones who are going to take us forward.  Wherever they are, I hope the leaders are getting around them.  This will cut deep and we don't want it to scar them - this isn't their fault!

They (and us) have been let down time and time again by failed leaders during games and leaders who time and again got suspended.  In the main the young guys have worked their guts out to the very end.   

I hold our leaders totally responsible for this fiasco.  I don't care if they are hurting or not - tonight they need to look after the young guys.   

 

The young guys are the ones who stood up yesterday. Oliver, Petracca, Hunt were the ones cracking in and trying to will is over the line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In what way are they ready for finals though? With those multiple shootings in the foot and yesterday's performance when it mattered suggests that they really wearnt ready for it would you not agree?

We might have a young developing list with a lot of promise but there's a lot of those outside the 8

Edited by layzie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ding said:

lol not so much rubbish now hey Doc?

You owe someone an apology, like our team owes its supporters.

 

 

Lol ok see above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, layzie said:

In what way are they ready for finals though? With those multiple shootings in the foot and yesterday's performance when it mattered suggests that they really wearing ready for it would you not agree?

We might have a young developing list with a lot of promise but there's a lot of those outside the 8

We showed throughout the year we have what it takes to take it up to teams. We beat the Crows, Port, Bombers and Eagles and probably should've beat Tiges and Cats if not for injuries/poor goalkocking. 

We were ready to play finals this year, I thought we should've played finals last year, this year should've been a given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We showed throughout the year we have what it takes to take it up to teams. We beat the Crows, Port, Bombers and Eagles and probably should've beat Tiges and Cats if not for injuries/poor goalkocking. 

We were ready to play finals this year, I thought we should've played finals last year, this year should've been a given.

Fair enough, we took it up to good teams. I'd have thought a team ready for finals would put on more than a couple of tackles in the first 10 mins of yesterday though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Vince kicks that late goal he missed yesterday, and Fasolo misses his goal after the siren on QBD, and we finish 8th.

(there are so many ways to do this, it is going to cause me so much pain for the next 7 months).

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Vince kicks that late goal he missed yesterday, and Fasolo misses his goal after the siren on QBD, and we finish 8th.

(there are so many ways to do this, it is going to cause me so much pain for the next 7 months).

We actually beat freo, Nth & Coll we should have qualified well before our last game! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Vince kicks that late goal he missed yesterday, and Fasolo misses his goal after the siren on QBD, and we finish 8th.

(there are so many ways to do this, it is going to cause me so much pain for the next 7 months).

That's sickening 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Like everyone here I am hurting to the core of my being and shedding a few tears for the lost opportunity.

However, I am thinking of our young guys, the ones who are going to take us forward.  Wherever they are, I hope the leaders are getting around them.  This will cut deep and we don't want it to scar them - this isn't their fault!

They (and us) have been let down time and time again by failed leaders during games and leaders who time and again got suspended.  In the main the young guys have worked their guts out to the very end.   

I hold our leaders totally responsible for this fiasco.  I don't care if they are hurting or not - tonight they need to look after the young guys.   

 

Disagree with the bit in bold. Keep the leaders away, lest they Melbournise our up and coming stars any more than they already have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×